Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] How Do Ravens Stop Colin Kaepernick?

62 posts in this topic

Just do what they did for R2D2 contain him and stay in his face and the defense will be fine

put 8 in the box! (let ELLERBEE our fastest LB) be the spy.
and then blitz KAPENICK all day long!

He is virtually a rookie ( a gifted rookie but still very inexperienced) take away his biggest weapon (his legs) and then force him to make very quick decisions (with he blitz) in a high pressure situation (the superbowl). We he cant run and he has to consistently make pressured decisions the inexperience will show. Dare him to be a QB and beat us with his arm!

and finally let ED REED be ED REED.... even the tom bradys and peyton mannings worry about finding ED.... this youngster will make mistakes!

Andrew Luck (Rookie of the year) threw a pick and had a fumble vs us
Peyton Manning (has more league MVP's then anyone in league history) has 2INT

Peyton had 2 int's and fumble...including one pick 6
Tom Brady... *maybe the best of the three) threw 2 picks against us...

IDK but I really do not beleive that an inexperineced Kapernick will do better then them against us... infact if we take away the run and force him to make quick decisions... I think he will feel the pressure of the big stage and crack!

I think the Ravens have the ability to shut Kaepernick down. In their first experience with the read option, they got off to a bad start against the Skins, but got a hold of the game after the first quarter. RGIII threw for 118 first quarter yards, and 124 in the next three quarters. The Skins put up 163 total yards in the first quarter, and 257 total yards in the next three.

The Ravens' practice squad defense was able to adjust enough to shut down the best rookie quarterback in a read options offense designed around him, in their first experience with an NFL read option. There's no reason that a full Ravens defense with that first experience under their belts can't take on Kaepernick.

Take away the run from both him and Gore and make him make throws but take away Vernon Davis. Make him beat you with Crabtree and Moss. Not slouches, but not stalwarts by any stretch either.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1359487094' post='1334331']
"Kaepernick has taken the league by storm ..." Exactly. I like it, and here's why:

Before we took on Manning, he was unstoppable. After we took him out, it was ... oh, he's a choker in the playoffs and can't play in the cold.

Before we took on Brady, their offense was a "machine" and was unstoppable. After we took him out, it was ... oh Brady's gotten soft and the Pats just don't have the fire they once had to win.

Before we take on Kap, it is ... he's different than these guys because they just don't have the tools that Kap has.

So, what will it be when we take him out? My guess is, "he just didn't have the experience needed to win it all."
[/quote]

Absolutely well said I could not have said it any better in the slightest. That's how it always is when it comes to the Ravens isn't it? When we win tough close games there's always an excuse of why we won. "Oh the other team choked, the other team just didn't execute. The other team loss the game instead of the Ravens winning it." When other teams like the Steelers, Broncos, Pats or whatever win tough close games then it's those teams know how to win. You're absolutely right when we defeat the 49ers it'll be oh Colin Kaep just didn't have the experience needed to win the game. Excuses excuses, excuses, I don't want to hear it but it won't matter as long as we're hoisting that Lombardi trophy by the end of the night then that's all that matters.

play ihedigbo or BA... a smaller, quicker LB or a big, hard hitting safety to spy the QB. Then just fundemental defense. Keep to your assignments and dont let him get outside. Force him to win the game with his arm and decision-making

Some scouts say Kaepernick always tucks the ball prematurely when he is going to run. Let's hope its true and our first class organization knows it!

If we man handle their O-Line like we did last Thanksgiving we will hoist the Lombardi for sure!! There is no dought in my mind!! Go Ravens!! We will make the world show us respect,just like in 2000!!

1. Stop the run game
2. Take away his comfort zone in Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker a lot of ppl sleep on Delanie Walker as a receiving threat

Upshaw and suggs has to set the edges cause hes not goin up the middle and we will shut kapernick down and we got gore up the middle we will b ok

everyone is calling this game close . i think a blow out . if the ravens players are as sick of hearing about kaepernick as the ravens fans are they are going to show it . and i look forward to that .

The Ravens will Rush four, and spread out the rest! The Ravens four man rush has Stood Up Big Time! The Ravens are the last team to stop a offense from scoring a TD in the Super Bowl! Can they top their own Mark? Peyton got 3 TDs and brady got 1! Hmmmm!

7-8 in the box all game... keep him guessing where that blitz is coming from and make that clock in his head tick really quick. Kapernick is not used to being rattled. keep eight send 4 or five cnstantly (let him try to figure out where that 4th and 5th runner is coming from) and let Ellerbee spy Kapernick. Press the WR's BC if he has a short clock and they cant get off of the line... he will panic! When he panics he will either tuck and run * into an 8 man front* or throw wild passes! EIther way...that makes him prone to turning the ball over! One turn over and it will get in his head and will will dismantle him at that point.!

Kaepernick hasnt played against any top QBs. He plays against the defenses. Our defense confounded E. Manning, Luck, P. Manning, and Brady. Why would a guy with only 9 starts tear us apart? I dont see it happening.
Just like when the wildcat became the "rage" becuz it confused a lot of defenses, the Ravens simplified it by saying "theres only one ball, go after the guy who has it"

allot of colleges run the pistol offense and variations of it those teams are not undefeated , it can be beat . I think the 9ers are gonna be sorry they did not leave alex smith in there just saying.

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1359499007' post='1334660']
Kaepernick hasnt played against any top QBs. He plays against the defenses. Our defense confounded E. Manning, Luck, P. Manning, and Brady. Why would a guy with only 9 starts tear us apart? I dont see it happening.
Just like when the wildcat became the "rage" becuz it confused a lot of defenses, the Ravens simplified it by saying "theres only one ball, go after the guy who has it"
[/quote]exactly follow the ball and good things happen

It doesn't matter that he is fast or nimble, when Ngata lands on him and smashes his leg up too he will think twice before scrambling outside the pocket again.

Best way to get to him is simply that, Get to him early and often and he will get rattled. Maybe throw a few early game changing picks.

My job is done here. lol

[quote name='4evermore23' timestamp='1359495958' post='1334608']
Upshaw and suggs has to set the edges cause hes not goin up the middle and we will shut kapernick down and we got gore up the middle we will b ok
[/quote]Don't forget Kruger. If you watched the Falcons in their Divisional and Conference playoff games, they shut down both Russell Wilson AND Kaepernick. They did it exactly as you say - they set the edge.

And as John Harbaugh said above, "Assignment football is going to be really important for us." That means whoever has the edge has to stick to Kaepernick and stick it to him every down. There is no blocker on that read option. They're relying on the outside defender to go after the RB. That can't happen - ever. The OLB/DE assignment is to pound the QB EVERY play.

The rams didn't have a problem with niners. We should study that film. Rams shut the niners down twice this season

we got to just put everything into the run. kap hasnt played a game and won where they couldnt run the ball some way or another.

This kid has played 9 NFL games in his career. Stop scaring us Ryan! Just enjoy your time in NOLA and get us some nice interviews with Raven players man!

I'm sure they looked at those films too, to tell them to look at it is like telling your doctor to prescribe you a certain drug because you saw the commercial on tv :P

It is all about containing the gaps against the 49ers, and both times we played the Eagles and the Redskins, we did not have our whole defense in the game, and we need to get the pass rush going and contain Vernon Davis, because the guy is a beast, and he is one of the best TE's in the game, and we need to stay on Crabtree too, and the 49ers have a lot of weapons. The main key for the Ravens is that the whole team has to execute and make plays. Our offense has to establish the running game and wear out the niners defense. Lets go Ravens!!

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1359499007' post='1334660']
[/quote]

Sami, I agree 100% girl - Kaep doesn't scare me one bit as I'm sure he isn't scarring the defense either. Our defense has played top 3 defense these playoff's games and if they can play like that in one more game then Ravens will be victorious. What needs to be sad is that our offense has to do their part like they have been doing in these playoff's as well. This will be a TEAM effort!!!! Offense Defense and Special Teams - and that's where I see us having a huge advantage, I expect a big game from Jacoby!!!

LEGGGGOOOOO RAVENS!!!!