Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] How Do Ravens Stop Colin Kaepernick?

62 posts in this topic

Best way to get to him is simply that, Get to him early and often and he will get rattled. Maybe throw a few early game changing picks.

My job is done here. lol

[quote name='4evermore23' timestamp='1359495958' post='1334608']
Upshaw and suggs has to set the edges cause hes not goin up the middle and we will shut kapernick down and we got gore up the middle we will b ok
[/quote]Don't forget Kruger. If you watched the Falcons in their Divisional and Conference playoff games, they shut down both Russell Wilson AND Kaepernick. They did it exactly as you say - they set the edge.

And as John Harbaugh said above, "Assignment football is going to be really important for us." That means whoever has the edge has to stick to Kaepernick and stick it to him every down. There is no blocker on that read option. They're relying on the outside defender to go after the RB. That can't happen - ever. The OLB/DE assignment is to pound the QB EVERY play.

The rams didn't have a problem with niners. We should study that film. Rams shut the niners down twice this season

we got to just put everything into the run. kap hasnt played a game and won where they couldnt run the ball some way or another.

This kid has played 9 NFL games in his career. Stop scaring us Ryan! Just enjoy your time in NOLA and get us some nice interviews with Raven players man!

I'm sure they looked at those films too, to tell them to look at it is like telling your doctor to prescribe you a certain drug because you saw the commercial on tv :P

It is all about containing the gaps against the 49ers, and both times we played the Eagles and the Redskins, we did not have our whole defense in the game, and we need to get the pass rush going and contain Vernon Davis, because the guy is a beast, and he is one of the best TE's in the game, and we need to stay on Crabtree too, and the 49ers have a lot of weapons. The main key for the Ravens is that the whole team has to execute and make plays. Our offense has to establish the running game and wear out the niners defense. Lets go Ravens!!

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1359499007' post='1334660']
Kaepernick hasnt played against any top QBs. He plays against the defenses. Our defense confounded E. Manning, Luck, P. Manning, and Brady. Why would a guy with only 9 starts tear us apart? I dont see it happening.
Just like when the wildcat became the "rage" becuz it confused a lot of defenses, the Ravens simplified it by saying "theres only one ball, go after the guy who has it"
[/quote]

Sami, I agree 100% girl - Kaep doesn't scare me one bit as I'm sure he isn't scarring the defense either. Our defense has played top 3 defense these playoff's games and if they can play like that in one more game then Ravens will be victorious. What needs to be sad is that our offense has to do their part like they have been doing in these playoff's as well. This will be a TEAM effort!!!! Offense Defense and Special Teams - and that's where I see us having a huge advantage, I expect a big game from Jacoby!!!

LEGGGGOOOOO RAVENS!!!!

We are not the Packers. We are the Ravens.

I am sorry but this kid is not the second coming. He is a football player that runs period. He is good yes but NOT unbeatable.

So all of the sudden, Kaepernick has turned into the most Dangerous QB in the NFL. It's funny how the haters are always looking for reasons for us to lose. One hit by Pollard will change his mind about running the ball. But Suggs and Kruger do a great job setting the edge, making it hard for QBs to roll out. There may be running lanes up the middle, but that means he gets to meet Ray Ray and Ellerbe. If their game is to run Kaepernick, the 49ers will lose.