Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackandpurplesacks

PFT Rumor: Ray used banned substance?

293 posts in this topic

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that Ray may have used a banned substance while recovering from torn triceps...

This is terrible news if true.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/[/url]

HAHAHA... how can you not laugh at all media headlines. PFT (and other websites) are full of stories making the Ravens to be the worst people in the world.

Sorry for the double post.... But I'd love to hear that Osemele saves someones life or stops a bank robbery.. I wonder if they would even report that?

PFT loves to start trash. The good news is this won't matter after Sunday. Deer antlers? Really, who cares?

Interesting. Not a performance enhancing substance, just something to speed up recovery from the effects of surgery.

Yawn....

(of course, these are all ALLEGATIONS, with little to no value, legally speaking)

[quote name='blackandpurplesacks' timestamp='1359479869' post='1334084']
Profootballtalk.com is reporting that Ray may have used a banned substance while recovering from torn triceps...

This is terrible news if true.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/[/url]
[/quote]
Rumor: Ray may have NOT used banned substance to recover from torn triceps.

Lol. What I'm saying is I can make anything a rumor. Hell, I heard a rumor Biscotti's selling the team to Michael Phelps. Doesn't mean it's true. Sometimes I wonder where these sports writers get their info. Do I think Ray used it? It's possible, but what could he have used? HGH? Maybe, that can speed up recovery.

No offense to the OP. I know you're just posting what you read elsewhere.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1359480363' post='1334098']
Rumor: Ray may have NOT used banned substance to recover from torn triceps.

Lol. What I'm saying is I can make anything a rumor. Hell, I heard a rumor Biscotti's selling the team to Michael Phelps. Doesn't mean it's true. Sometimes I wonder where these sports writers get their info. Do I think Ray used it? It's possible, but what could he have used? HGH? Maybe, that can speed up recovery.

No offense to the OP. I know you're just posting what you read elsewhere.
[/quote]

I am just posting what I read somewhere, I bet it will be discussed at media day. I know PFT is a little better (sometimes) than other places, so I thought I'd just pass it along.

Mike Florio is always writing something negative about the Ravens specifically Ray. I'll wait until this actually becomes real news.

[quote name='blackandpurplesacks' timestamp='1359480495' post='1334105']
I am just posting what I read somewhere, I bet it will be discussed at media day. I know PFT is a little better (sometimes) than other places, so I thought I'd just pass it along.
[/quote]

I used to think PFT was, but really it is really just a gossip website.

lol what? sheesh. slow news week huh guys? so even if it was true, someone illegally recorded the call :lol:. and? deer velvet.

Drudging up old news and allegations from 2 years ago.

Wonder if they can be sued for libel?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-deerantlers011911

Please stick to THIS subject. We're not going to discuss the harmful effects or lack thereof of drugs in Ravens Talk.

Ray, Hue Jackson, and "more than a dozen NFL players" pulled endorsements from S.W.A.T.S. in 2011, at the request of the NFL, even though there's no actual evidence the product even contains IGF-1.

How does anyone know that this supposed videotape wasn't made prior to the ban?
Old news, and a non-issue.

he has been linked to this company before years ago and listed as a sponsored guy for it who knows how many players are using this stuff. Roy Williams even says he uses it. personally i dont care he tore his triceps and is back in 55 days he still isnt anywhere near 100% its not like its some type of advantage for the ravens if he did use it and its still unclear if it even does contain a banned supstance from what i read.

Florio is a Ravens hater, and is trying to dig up any small piece that he can to cause distraction. It's the Super Bowl and the Media right now has clearly chosen to make us the villians...again. When will they EVER learn?

Lmao! Another anti-Ray article with no source or credibility. Until this comes from a reputable source, I couldn't care less. It didn't come up in the drug tests! It's a baseless accusation.

The comments are ridiculous.

i would laugh but this is silly. doesn't the nfl routinely test for performance enhancing drugs ? deer antler, camels, wow

Did you read the comments section of that article. The extreme vitriole is amazing. Jealousy is a vile critter I guess. And I wonder what exactly is it he supposed to be a "fraud" for? Being agreat football player? Can't be that since his stats say otherwise. Being a generous person and helping the needy? Well he actually does those things. Very odd.

Why do I always gravitate to the comments? Why? What compels me to read them? Why?!?!

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359484222' post='1334229']
Why do I always gravitate to the comments? Why? What compels me to read them? Why?!?!
[/quote]you can't avoid it lol. I don't have a pft account thank god or I'd be took up for some web related crime

Ray handled it perfectly, it's based on claims made years ago and he's not going to waste his time on it.

For those wondering what antler velvet is...deer antlers are not just a bone-like material. They have a sort of fuzzy cover over the bone-like material which is the "velvet". If you touch it, it kind of feels like felt depending on how much there is. Evidently companies harvest this velvet material from the deer antlers and then put it into pills.

[quote name='bravensfan52' timestamp='1359483844' post='1334212']
Ray just handled that question [b]perfectly![/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359484222' post='1334229']
[/quote]
Same here. I think I just wanna see if there's something different written about him. Never the case. -_-

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419646_126318154205924_1095376367_n.jpg[/img]
Who cares lets go swimming.

Let the hate flow through you.

The more they hate, the better we'll play and the more it'll pain these ignorant, obnoxious morons when we win.

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1359485032' post='1334259']
[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419646_126318154205924_1095376367_n.jpg[/img]
Who cares lets go swimming.
[/quote]

Who's the guy on the right?

What does the fur on deer antlers do for athletes? Or is it like tiger genitalia?!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359485310' post='1334274']
What does the fur on deer antlers do for athletes? Or is it like tiger genitalia?!
[/quote]

my understanding is it speeds up the healing and growth of tissue

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359485310' post='1334274']
[/quote]

I don't remember what it is supposedly good for as far as athletes are concerned but for deer bucks, the velvet is what supplies blood to their antlers as they grow. Antlers finish growing and they shed the velvet.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359485257' post='1334270']
Who's the guy on the right?
[/quote]

Rohan Marley, one of Bob's sons. He played LB with Ray at the U and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuL3c4G5jA"]was damn good too[/url].

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1359485244' post='1334268']
What did Ray say to the accusations? I missed the interview.
[/quote]
He basically said it was the same report two years and that they're not worth his press time, then he said next question.

Is SI considered a credible source?

[i]Hours after he tore his triceps during an Oct. 14 home game against the Cowboys, Ravens All-Pro linebacker Ray Lewis and Ross connected on the phone. Again, Ross videotaped the call.[/i]
[i][/i]
[i]"It's bottom, near the elbow," Lewis said of the tear. After asking a few pseudo diagnostic questions, Ross concluded, "All right, well this is going to be simple. . . . How many pain chips you got around the house?"[/i][i][/i]
[i]"I got plenty of them," Lewis replied.[/i][i][/i]
[i]Ross prescribed a deluxe program, including holographic stickers on the right elbow; copious quantities of the powder additive; sleeping in front of a beam-ray light programmed with frequencies for tissue regeneration and pain relief; drinking negatively charged water; a 10-per-day regimen of the deer-antler pills that will "rebuild your brain via your small intestines" (and which Lewis said he hadn't been taking, then swallowed four during the conversation); and spritzes of deer-antler velvet extract (the Ultimate Spray) every two hours.[/i][i][/i]
[i]"Spray on my elbow every two hours?" Lewis asked.[/i][i][/i]
[i]"No," Ross said, "under your tongue."[/i][i][/i]
[i]Toward the end of the talk, Lewis asked Ross to "just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back on this this week."[/i]

Read More: [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/#ixzz2JOMH4oJh"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/#ixzz2JOMH4oJh[/url]