Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis Showing His True Character

41 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis said nobody lives a perfect life, and he found his way out of adversity.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-Showing-His-True-Character/f9e15193-1420-4759-916b-7e1d95dfb238]View the full article[/url]

When asked, yesterday, on NFL AM, what's the biggest difference between SB MVP Ray Lewis of 2000 and Ray Lewis of today, he said three words: "I've gained wisdom"

It was a brilliant response;... typical Ray, without all the evangelical speak and definitely reflective!

The Super Bowl will be bitter sweet. The bitter part is knowing it will be the last time we see him in a Ravens uniform, the sweet part will be seeing him go out as a Super Bowl champion Baltimore Raven!

Yeah that's the nature of Ray Lewis, outside of Baltimore all people want to do is bring up his past, all people want to do is call him a "Murderer" without knowing for themselves what exactly happened and accepting that that particular period in his life is over. People don't want to talk about all the good he's done since how he's changed his life to become a better man, father and incredible leader. This sunday as @cobrajet stated will be bitter sweet, it will be nice to send Ray Lewis out on top because for what he's done for this city he deserves as well as the whole organization and fans.

Ray you are perfroming for an auduence of one! IF GOD IS FOR YOU WHO CAN BE AGAINST YOU!

THere will always be the naysayers and the others who simply look to find the negative in people. Glad to see you have been the bigger man and never let them get you off course!

This is so exciting. Our window has just opened and it is because of another player who is at the top of his game in a short 5 years. Just like Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco has come on strong. His 5th year. Another similarity to the 2000 team.

The misinformation about Ray and his Atlanta incident is astounding.

But, any way you cut it, Ray made a mistake earlier in his life but has atoned and turned his life around - being very charitable and inspirational to others in the process. Ray Lewis IS the greatest of all life, not only for what he does on the field but the impact he makes off of it.

This man is one in a lifetime, do not take him for granted, savor the times we have seen him play. He'll be moving on soon but he is already a legend.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1359477067' post='1334031']
The Super Bowl will be bitter sweet. The bitter part is knowing it will be the last time we see him in a Ravens uniform, the sweet part will be seeing him go out as a Super Bowl champion Baltimore Raven!
[/quote]

Cobra, while feeling the same,... I am also interested to see which Raven on Defense steps up to fill the leadership void? Ed Reed's not as polished a speaker and he seems to actually shun media attention and most seem to lead by their play!

I wouldn't be surprised the see Bernie Pollard step up as that guy!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1359481113' post='1334126']
Cobra, while feeling the same,... I am also interested to see which Raven on Defense steps up to fill the leadership void? Ed Reed's not as polished a speaker and he seems to actually shun media attention and most seem to lead by their play!

I wouldn't be surprised the see Bernie Pollard step up as that guy!
[/quote]yeah i agree we have the talent and will be intresting to see what happens during the off season and with reed possably leaving and flaccos contract talk it will be an intresting off season for us

time for everyone to move on from the lewis incident from many years ago. he was exonerated and has been awesome on and off the field. he gives so much of his time to several communities in florida and baltimore and has put aside time to mentor his teammates, friends, family and strangers. ray along with the other aging vets on this team will give it their all and pump the young guys up to win the lombardi and bring it back to baltimore and us fans. go ravens!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 30, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

i wonder if they put jimmy smith on vernon davis instead of ellerbe that way ellerbe can focus on the running game and keeping kaepernick in the pocket plus smith matches up with davis as far as size and physical play. what do you all think of that idea. go ravens!!

Even though he was found guilty of obstruction of justice the much more serious charges were found to be false. This man has grown since he was a young teen who found fame and fortune playing football. That's pretty heady stuff and has been the downfall of many. It's good we don't judge a person by a single incident but rather the entire life. His is still unfolding and from all indicators it is going well, now. And like he said, no one is above the fray.

Hey Raven's fans.... A bit of topic, but does anyone listen to the vinnie and Rob show on 105.7?? Are any of you as tired as I am of listening to Vinnie kiss him some Niners behind?? I wish they'd get someone other than him!!!! Go Ravens!!!

So as im watching ESPN right now, they are saying that there are reports that Ray Lewis used a banned substance in his recovery.....this isn't going to be good for Media day. I don't know if it is true, but i guess we will find out.

Espn, is going non stop about ray using a banned hgh drug to rehab with.... And now the mud is flying....

They just can't leave him alone

There is no better fans then a Raven fan you are forgiving fans if Ray was right or wrong, we are not God and we should not judge we leave that to the man up stairs. Plus people must let the past GO. move on and if you look at Ray after that he is one of the best men we all have ever met .Now lets keep our mind on the prize at hand Go Ravens

I have let that past be in the past, this is the present I loved him then and love him even more now, God has blessed him and blessed ravennation with the best Ray lewis always will be a Raven

ya i heard that crap also i see some mentioning ,first off i find it odd Mike Florio being from whiney Cleveland has to takea shot at Ray and hope hes right ,anyone here anything on this Deer Stimulant.

It's funny how that "banned substance" story came from Sports Illustrated. Ya, the same people who perpetuated the Manti Te'o story and ran with it without fact checkcing, although knowing about DEFINITE holes in the story.

Yes, the report says that Ray Lewis "MAY have used"...blah, blah, blah. Nice reporting, Sports Illustrated. Where's the accountability here? You don't just throw trash around on a hunch.

Of course you have ESPN jumping right on it. These are leaches, and look for ANYTHING to make a name for themselves. ESPN and Sports Illustrated have become the TMZ of sports. Disgusting, filthy, greasy losers with the sole purpose of finding dirt on people.

What a life, eh? What awesome human beings.

Bunch of bowel scrapings.