17 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,628 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

It’s the anniversary of the Ravens’ Super Bowl XXXV victory over New York.

View the full article

#2 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

" Memories...pressed between the pages of our minds" Memories. May a new generation, as well as the old, garner new memories to hold and cherish for many years to come.

#3 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Lets do this again but this time with an amazing offense and great D. LETS DO THIS!!!

#4 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

There are so many similarities between this team and the team that won it all back in 2001. We need to go get this one and bring the Lombardi and the rings back to Baltimore. We are due!.. And it's my opinion that Joe is the guy who can do it. It's going to take an explosive offense this time... and we have the guys... Pitta, Dickson, T.Smith, Boldin, J.Jones, Rice and Pierce... I think we're ready....

#5 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I was a kid back in 2000 and I really didn't look at football much. Needless to say I don't remember the Ravens last Superbowl like older Raven fans can recount it in their memories. But if the Ravens win Sunday this season will FOREVER be engraved in me. I will always remember this season and recount it to my children and grand kids. Everything that has happened this season. All the injuries, doubters, hills we had to over come. Ray Lewis final dance at home. The double overtime win against Denver, 4th longest game in history. Revenge against Brady. Brother Superbowl. We pull out a win, this will be one special season. To be honest regardless of the outcome, this will be one special season.

#6 boldtown

boldtown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

still upset that stokely never got resign.

#7 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Every time I watch that game I can't help thinking at that point how heart-sinking those couple of seconds must have been for the Giants-fans: they score a great TD with that carry back, they suddenly feel they're back in the game - and bang, 10 seconds later they're back in the hole - the same fashion they seemed to climb out less than half a minute earlier...

If there's one worse thing than feeling you never had a chance than it's thinking you found a chance and then see it slip away just as quick...

That's The Single Most Memorabel Half-a-minute of Super Bowl history IMHO.

bio

#8 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

It was 10 years ago... i guess you should move on somehow ;)

And anyway, Stokley had a grand total of 7 TD's in 33 games, in the span of 4 seasons with the Ravens. That's hardly a rocking performance - even if he was still young then and didn't exactly have an MVP QB to throw to him... But he wasn't too prolific elswhere, either. He had one season where he had 2-digit number of TD's: 10 in 2004. Of course, we shouldn't forget that he never was a solid starter - the most games he started in one season was 9 - twice with the Broncos.

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 29 January 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#9 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

domination

#10 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I agree! He had great hands and could run great patterns inside!

Not resigning Stokley and Dilfer was insane! Trent wasn't great but he wasn't anything like who followed!

Billick wanted a team like the Rams and Chargers and that gave us years of Scott Mitchell, Stoney Case, Elvis Grbac and Kyle Boller instead of building on our strengths on Offense!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#11 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

@ The Mom Gene - I agree it will take our explosive offense but the most important thing is that our OL has to play the best game of the year during this game. They were great against Denver, great against NE but they have to be damn near perfect against SF in order for Joe to do what he does!!!

LEGGGGGOOOOOOO RAVENS!!!

#12 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Let's make some new memories...

Actually, this season has been one heck of a ride. So despite the outcome of the SB, I'll still be happy...relatively speaking.

GO RAVENS!!!

#13 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

We want total domination come Sunday, in all 3 phases of the game.

#14 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I agree! He had great hands and could run great patterns inside!

Not resigning Stokley and Dilfer was insane! Trent wasn't great but he wasn't anything like who followed!

Billick wanted a team like the Rams and Chargers and that gave us years of Scott Mitchell, Stoney Case, Elvis Grbac and Kyle Boller instead of building on our strengths on Offense!

UGH!!! Scott Mitchell, Elvos Grbac,and............... Kyle Boller were just plain horrible. I dont eevn want to think about those days. we have come a llllloooonnngggggg wayy with Flacco!!

#15 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Oue defense was unbelievable back then. Those guys were straight up dominate out there. Ray was a machine back then. You will never see a guy beast like that again. Im just glad to have been part of the ride! Here's to great times and great memories. Let GOOO!!

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

UGH!!! Scott Mitchell, Elvos Grbac,and............... Kyle Boller were just plain horrible. I dont eevn want to think about those days. we have come a llllloooonnngggggg wayy with Flacco!!

Can't argue with that!

We're fortunate to have Joe E-Lite and he's just beginning to get his swerve on!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#17 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I wish people would stop hating on Kyle Boller. I admit he wasnt the answer but he gave it all he had. I remember he would take devastaing hits and get up and keep on trying. He had the heart of a true Raven and deserves better. He did his best and never complained and never gave up.

#18 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

That Dilfer to Stokley pass was perfect that had to be one of the best throws I've ever saw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users