Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmypowder

Saturday Night Live - Ray Lewis parody

59 posts in this topic

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1359331266' post='1332495']
SNL kinda lost it's touch
[/quote]
years and years and years and years ago.

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1359331266' post='1332495']
SNL kinda lost it's touch
[/quote]

They lost their touch about 20 years ago. Talk about a "player" that needs to retire. It is now just sad and painful to watch. I guess I am showing my age because I remember when SNL was actually funny.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1359334439' post='1332557']
They lost their touch about 20 years ago. Talk about a "player" that needs to retire. It is now just sad and painful to watch. I guess I am showing my age because I remember when SNL was actually funny.
[/quote]

:th_consoling2:

I'm right there with you, man.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1359334439' post='1332557']
[/quote]
[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1359337237' post='1332581']
I'm right there with you, man.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Agreed. I really miss the days of Dan Aykroyd, Jim & John Belushi, Dana Carvey, Michael Myers, Billy Crystal, Robert Downey Jr., Al Franken, Christopher Guest, Anthony Michael Hall, Chris Kattan, Will Ferrell, Jon Lovitz, Norm MacDonald, Dennis Miller, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray... just to name a few... :P[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]However, I've said this to people dozens of times.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Keep in mind, in those days, comedy TV (and TV in general) was just 'coming of age'; so, all those jokes your great-great-grandfathers passed down to your great-grandfather and your father... all of that material went unscripted, unpublished... and SNL did a great job of putting it into great skits.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now, the feeder system for new comedy has came to a screeching halt and we're stuck with the equivalent of toilet humor. Kind of why I enjoy watching shows from the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s. Everything after that, just recycled garbage.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]This skit... I give 4-out-of-10 stars. Just cause I liked Keenan back in the day on "Keenan & Kel".[/i][/font]

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1359340050' post='1332629']
Wait. When we win the Superbowl, are they going to have Flacco host an episode?
[/quote]

Yeah maybe he can do a deadpan skit ! Ha .

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1359340050' post='1332629']
Wait. When we win the Superbowl, are they going to have Flacco host an episode?
[/quote]

That might possibly be the most awkward episode of SNL ever made. No offense to Joe, love the guy, but it would definitely be funny!

Worst impression ever..What has happened to SNL the past few of years? I used to love watching that show.

[quote name='IH EART DA RAVENS' timestamp='1359344110' post='1332758']
That might possibly be the most awkward episode of SNL ever made. No offense to Joe, love the guy, but it would definitely be funny!
[/quote]
No way RAy Lewis doesn't host that.

This was irritating to watch in the least, and insulting at its worse.

I mean seriously, does anyone here think that Ray Lewis is disingenuous about his faith or that Ray's "passion" is all an act?

So what if a guy wears their heart on their sleeve?

I have nothing against them spoofing anybody. That is what comedy is about. That was just very poorly written. One other thing about comedy, it is supposed to be funny.