Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Rookie Class Could Prove Key In Super Bowl

34 posts in this topic

The Ravens rookie class has been critical in the team’s run to Super Bowl XLVII.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Rookie-Class-Could-Prove-Key-In-Super-Bowl/f59cc516-0077-446e-9f1c-084c0e3385c7]View the full article[/url]

Ravens only true needs are on OL, DL and LB. Rookies did a solid job this season and could break out the next including Tommy Steeter.

KO and Pierce were a pleasant surprise this year. That's not to take anything away from Upshaw because I think most knew what we were getting with him and I was on board with Tucker right from day 1.Our front office always does a great job of finding these "diamonds in the rough."

I really expected more from Upshaw this season. I understand he had limited playing time but for what he was given I expected a little more production.

Go get a ring then it won't matter drafted, undrafted, or what round. no one will care anyway after you get this ring next week . good job all year one more to go.

Upshaw should be a rock on defense for years to come, K.O. has been dominant on the inside, I really believe Pierce has feature-back potential, and Tucker has been elite since day 1. Even DeAngelo Tyson contributed, and I still think some of the others could become solid players. Probably Ozzie's finest draft class in recent history.

Having more draft picks has proved as valuable as where they fall. Knowing how to draft and making deals for extra picks has proved very beneficial.

Once again Ozzie has shown why he is the best. There is not a team out there that would not want our rookie class this year. This is why we are competetive every year instead of rebuilding every year like other teams, ie: Cleveland, Oakland, etc!!!

This rookie class was incredible. Pierce is probably my favorite player but I am very happy with Upshaw's play thus far. Despite his low sack total which I was hoping he would have a major impact on, the Sam linebacker in our system is more of a run supporter and the Will is the pass rusher. I thought he did a phoenomenal job setting the edge and not getting fooled on trick option plays. More times than not he was in the backfield making that tackle. Bama taught that boy good and im sure he will only get better in all facets of the game.

Ozzy knows how to draft this just proves it he hits on at least 4 picks a year and he always finds those diamonds in the rough

This draft class has certainly exceeded expectations. It has been a joy, and a pleasure to watch these rookies grow up with the season.

Now, go out and bring us home a Lombardi!

Ozzie has proven every year that he's got the nak for picking talent. But these guys really stepped up and contributed to the team, they didn't settle for being bench warming back ups. Pierce has been the best suprise of all. Osemelle really stepped up after being moved to left guard, what a great job he's done in the play offs. Tucker really had it tough, following Cundiff, he practiclly started the season with his head already in the guiletine. These guys are why I beleive this team will be back in this position for many years to come.
Look out 9er's the UNDERDOGS are comming for you next! Go RAVENS

this is a awesome draft class im just waiting for upshaw to stop being average and show what he can really do

I think that we are just scratching te surface on this rookie class.
KO-UPSHAW-PIERCE and TUCKER are already doing it... I anticipate they will only get better!

But the potential of people Like Denote and Streeter, Gino Gradowski and Omar Brown- Asa Jackson and Christan Thompson Could make this an unreal draft class. Jackpot type of stuff!

DeAngelo Tyson is already contributing and seems to have a bright future! Anytime you can get 4 more starters off of a single rookie class your did well... it looks as if we could potentially have close to double that in the next two seasns!

I just wish we kept Ism'aily Kitchen the DT out of Kent St. He went to Cleveland and looks very good right now! Very strong and very big bodied DT that we brought in as a FA....

Also hoping that McAdoo turns out decent???

Upshaw can set an edge and thats what Kapernick does not want! with SUGGS-KRUEGER- and UPSHAW manning the outside- McPHEE could have a giant game!

McPhee and NGATA may have their biggest games of the season!

Great draft class. KO is gonna be a stud at LG once he gets a full year under the spot. Benard is a strong, shifty back that can cut on a dime and has tricky speed that can fool a defense, and I cant say enough about the potential of Omar Brown and Gino. Upshaw is still a work in progress but I have seen him push the pocket as well as any of our guys when he is on. I think he is a great OLB or LE in our 3-4 Hybrid package but in the Dime and Nickel packages, I feel he has the power and speed to play that DT role inside and cause some havic to help give Ngata and Cody some extra breathing time.