Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] After Strong Practice Week, Ravens Ready For New Orleans

54 posts in this topic

Head Coach John Harbaugh says his players are ‘very sharp’ as they head to New Orleans.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/After-Strong-Practice-Week-Ravens-Ready-For-New-Orleans/023525b0-c0a6-4bb0-a378-b4ef85122c4f]View the full article[/url]

Practice makes perfect. Enjoy the ride and stay focused. Congratulations on making the Super Bowl guys...job well done!!!
Just one more and done! I'm behind ya all the way!!!

Go Ravens!!!

Use the 6 P's of practice. Perfect Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance. GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Suggs, Boldin, Ngata and Rice, I don't think there will be any wavering from the main thing - SB 47 (I hate Roman numerals)!

[quote name='bmorefan444' timestamp='1359239669' post='1331522']
this wait is killin me!
[/quote]me too

The wait's great. Two weeks of riding on the AFC title. A date with infamy. Knowing all (at least most of?) those bumps and bruises and strains are getting healed up. Gotta go with veterans over rookies in the SB. We got the mix- young guns and Pro Bowlers. Hall of Famers and Pierce, Jacoby, Torrey, Pitta, Tucker, etc. They've got....Randy Moss? Colin K? Next sunday night I'll need Maalox, but that's a great place to be.

Our players are smart enough to not go crazy. They will keep level heads, still enjoy themselves, and bring home the trophy.

I'm sure the players realize and the coaches will emphasize to the 10th degree that this can be a once in a lifetime chance for all concerned. They'll be no stone left unturned or any eventuality not addressed so all will know, no matter the final score, that everything possible was done and at the end they all walk off with their heads held high for a job well done.

I think this will be the first overtime SB. Ravens will win in OT with a Justin Tucker FG as overtime expires.

First off this team traveled the last two games against the biggest guns in the league. They are used to 'distractions' and seem to play better. And remember they are playing for Ray Lewis and his last game ever. Those distractions shouldn't be a hinderance. GO RAVENS!!! And thanks for the great play so far.

All the players have to do is play like they've been playing the last 3 weeks, everything will take care of itself. Our coach Harbaugh is a seemingly fun, laid back guy while his brother is not. That, in my mind, can certainly make a huge emotional difference in our favor.

This is going to be one heck of a week, but a win next weekend would make for a great time that will last forever!

Keep rolling on strong fellas! I like the lack of complacency. Let's finish showing these haters what's up.

Two of the best things that happen to this city, A first in a long time Orioles to the playoffs, and a Ravens trip to the Superbowl, What a gift for the city and State and wonderful fans.

What a difference a year makes. Time to do what was supposed to have been done last year.

Play like a Raven, Finish like a Raven.

Let's go !!!

The Ravens are a much better team than last year. This is being overlooked by many. Fortunately we are not the ones overlooking this. We can score some points on their defense. More importantly hold them under 20 points. I like our chances.

I'm calling a BLOWOUT. 33-13 Ravens. Boring game for the whole world except for Ravens fans!!! CAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!

Aww man,... I watched a segment on NFL Primetime where they isolated Jimmy Smith and Chykie Brown's coverage on the Pat's Brandon Lloyd!

It showed that not only did both allow too much of a cushion and play him soft most of the game, they didn't wrap him up on tackles!

I say this to say I hope we've picked that up in film study and addressed it! Can't afford they playing "Cary Williams soft"!

Like I said if Bernard Pollard can knock out Kapernick and Farnk Gore we are good!

Was able to personally send along best wishes to John and Ingrid yesterday! :) Great people, great family, great coach, can't wait to see them win the Super Bowl!

[quote name='GoldRaven' timestamp='1359302448' post='1332059']
Like I said if Bernard Pollard can knock out Kapernick and Farnk Gore we are good!
[/quote]
I have full confidence in The Bonecrusher!

I've been getting slammed on FB from 69er fans. I'll just hold on until after the game and unleash hell on them.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1359319703' post='1332310']
I've been getting slammed on FB from 69er fans. I'll just hold on until after the game and unleash hell on them.
[/quote]

Absolutely. All through the playoffs, I've been happy to let fans of our opponents (mainly the Broncos and the Pats) predict ridiculously lopsided outcomes. Let the 9rs fans do the same. All the while, I only am willing to say, "look, no matter what anyone says, if we play Ravens football, we have a chance to win".

Even keel ... let's keep it that way. GO RAVENS!!!!

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1359390593' post='1333158']
Absolutely. All through the playoffs, I've been happy to let fans of our opponents (mainly the Broncos and the Pats) predict ridiculously lopsided outcomes. Let the 9rs fans do the same. All the while, I only am willing to say, "look, no matter what anyone says, if we play Ravens football, we have a chance to win".

Even keel ... let's keep it that way. GO RAVENS!!!!
[/quote]

I like that, "play Ravens football." Don't blitz too much or Kaepernick will run like he did on the Packers. Stay in the passing lanes, tip the ball, and intercept him. He's a fast guy if we let him get an opening. Most of all, we need to open up the running and passing game. Flacco has proven he can score with the best of them. Maybe he is a $20 million dollar quarterback? I see the franchise tag in his near future, but his future is so bright he better wear shades. I'm still looking at the kicking game as the deciding factor in this game. Tucker over Akers hands down in the clutch. I'm hoping that the game doesn't come down on a last second kick. We have the firepower to win a shootout. It's all about keeping them off the field and scoring points.

[quote name='J.Flacco#5' timestamp='1359410483' post='1333471']
Come on Ravens lets show them how it is done!
[/quote]

Come on, Joe, show Steve that you deserve top dollar!