Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Matt Birk Playing Well, Not Thinking Of Stopping

34 posts in this topic

John Harbaugh said Matt Birk is playing as well as he has at any point as a Raven.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Matt-Birk-Playing-Well-Not-Thinking-Of-Stopping/cada481d-eccd-444a-8b43-bdab357d4856]View the full article[/url]

I have to admit he held up fairly good this season and played well against the Patriots last week.

Has anyone seen this video of Bad NFL Lip Reading?
I love the one with Jim Harbaugh, Matt Birk is also lip read.
http://youtu.be/Zce-QT7MGSE

Honestly, Whether he stays or goes. Thank you for the Great hard work and years you put into this organization!

He hasn't been playing hurt and is having a great season, he even got the better of Wilfork.

He made a smart choice not to retire.

He has played extremely well in pass protection. In the run-game not so much but at least we know what were getting from him. Gradkowski was a beast against the Bengals very good defensive line.

While Gradkowski looks to be an upgrade another year of practice without having to play every Sunday would offer a lot of benefits. I think Birk will retire though. Who doesn't want to go out on top with a ring but he would be a pretty big hit against the cap.

I say come back and rotate with Gino next year... smooth transition are always better instead of throwing Gino to the sharks... plus Gino could learn some more from birk...

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1359233834' post='1331433']
He hasn't been playing hurt and is having a great season, he even got the better of Wilfork.

He made a smart choice not to retire.
[/quote]Got the better of him twice

thank you for not retiring. i hope gino has soaked up as much info. as possible from you so he can be our dominating center for the next 10-15 years. go ravens!!

I think if the Ravens win Birk will retire because he really wont have anything to play for and could come back as a Oline coach.

I do want a blue hen snapping to a blue hen next year, but maybe we keep Birk as a backup...

Let's just win this thing next week to make the decision easier! Go Ravens!

i was one who was on the Birk should retire bandwagon last year but he has actually done an exceptional job this year . at the time I had no clue he was hurt but i am glad he is back and better then ever. the Bengals game i thought gradowski did a good job one botched snap (correct if i am wrong) but that even happens to seasoned pros.

Winning the Superbowl , I dont think< will matter if he comes back or not. These guys love to play. Thats one of the reasons Ozzies chooses who he chooses. They have to love to play football and Matt loves to play so if hes feeling ok I think he'll come back.

I can imagine how elated Birk feels considering he was a bit conflicted about leaving the Vikings to come to Baltimore a few years ago. Conversely I can imagine how bad Jason Brown feels for jumping ship at the peak of his career. Come to think of it I can't believe the dude is out of the league presently. Yikes!

another yr or Birk would only help us & Gino i honestly dont think Ginos ready to fill in yet .. he kinda got pushed around by 2nd stringers in Cincy

& for all of you that bashed my mans Birk last yr ... HE was INJURED for christ sakes !!!!

See how he plays when hes healthy RN ???

The O-line has been great. Big reason they are in the SB. All healthy too. SF's defense think they can shut down the ravens, bully them. The ravens don't get bullied by anyone. It's the 9er's that will get tired of being hit when this is over.

"The real worlds not all it's cracked up to be" ain't that the truth but for Matt it might be if he's not chilling in Carribean somewhere from making all that money he'll more than likely have no problem finding a job dude went to Harvard and got a economics degree

And to think people wanted him out of Baltimore after that championship game last year. lol people and their overreactions...

Keep busting Matt.

Hmmm.... An Econ degree from Harvard?
So does Ben Bernanke,Henry Paulson,Paul Volcker. Too Big to fail...

Birk may need the Mckinnie plan next year. Maybe Birk gets in the doghouse and Gino gets a shot of proving his self. If he fails he gets the turf toe and we get a fresh Birk for the playoffs.

Birk has been balln this season. Center is a hard position to play. From shotgun to QB under is difficult. The ball movement starts at the center. Good Job Birk.

Being a Raven/BlueHen fan I would like to see late in the SB with a Ravens having a 3 td lead to have Gino snap the ball to joe.

Birk is one of those straigt up old-school guys that you really don't hear much about. When he was up in Minnesota for all thos years he was simply viewed as a "solid" center. You heard a lot about him when Ozzie scooped him in Free Agency a while ago, but then he fell back into that low key "solid" center roll. I like him and I think regardless of his retirement, we as a team will benefit in the future from his time here.