Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Juan Castillo Turned Down Other Options To Join Ravens

28 posts in this topic

Head Coach John Harbaugh also clarified what Castillo’s role will be on the staff.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Juan-Castillo-Turned-Down-Other-Options-To-Join-Ravens/68a39adf-0109-40bc-a8ae-41e09049551d]View the full article[/url]

Way to go John....You are hitting your strides and break out to be the best coach.....Lets take Lombardi trophy home John!!!!

I don't know anything about this man but I John Harbaugh says he can help our run game I am all for it.

I think he was used as a scapegoat in philly i was thrilled when i heard he was coming here .

Very good addition to our staff. He was an excellent o-line coach in Philly, and he can and will make our o-line better next season/.

And we all know how well Flacco plays when he's well protected.

Don't be surprised if he isn't the O line coach next year. Moeller was on probation this year, and not counting the last 3 games, how would you rate them?
Fits in nicely when they part ways with Moeller.

[quote name='wasabiebird' timestamp='1359233006' post='1331410']
I think he was used as a scapegoat in philly[/quote]

So do a lot of Eagles-fans.

bio

[quote name='Tremp73' timestamp='1359235495' post='1331465']
Don't be surprised if he isn't the O line coach next year. Moeller was on probation this year, and not counting the last 3 games, how would you rate them?
Fits in nicely when they part ways with Moeller.
[/quote]

You mean don't be surprised if he [b]IS [/b]the O-line coach next year, right? ;)

bio

The Eagles made a really bad decision moving him from OL coach to Defensive Coordinator. Really don't see how anyone could have expected that to work out well. Glad the Ravens got him though. Really good OL guy, will definitely help.

Id like to see him work with Kelechi so that he can become the dominant Gaurd we know he can be! Also, The run game could use a spark. Great Hire

Probably the long term plan for Castillo is O-line coach next year and if Caldwell becomes head coach in 2014 than Castillo may take over as OC.

Harbaugh and Ozzie are always thinking 2 years down the line..

Solid coach signing he was a heck of a good line coach lets just keep him strategizing on the offensive side though

If I know Harbs, Andy Reid's "failure" is going to be the Raven's genius. Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce.... RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!

Our O-line will make sure Rice has room to run and Joe will have ample time in the pocket to make all the amazing throws he does.

thats why the Ravens are one of the best organizations in the league, they never stand pat they know they can get better each year. Go Ravens!!

Of course he chose to come here, we're in the superbowl! He's also close to John which is just perfect for him. I love this move, the more football minds the better!

luck,manny,Mranderson next i have been lisening to people give reference to games where the team was beatup and giving those games has a example but the team is back and those weaknesses are gone and the team is playing better than it has all year i think we will do good if we can win the line of scrimage and give joe time to throw the ball

not to sure if he is Off Cord type ,i personally would love to keep Caldwell obviously Caldwell made Peyton manning and not the other way around.

This is an awesome pick in so many ways. As fans we criticize our run game from time to time, but we still have what most NFL teams would consider a good run game. To go out and get a guy who not too long ago got a lot of negative publicity to make us even better, another logical and gutsy call by Harbaugh.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves on what this guy is going to be in the distant future - it is all about how he is going to help us right now. Even if it just a small bit of assistance, every little bit helps.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1359232881' post='1331402']
I don't know anything about this man but I John Harbaugh says he can help our run game I am all for it.
[/quote]
He's one of the best o line coaches but he runs a ZBS

This is why I love the Ravens team and organization so much. They stay moves ahead of the game. Let's just face it. After we win the Super Bowl, there will be no way we would be able to keep Caldwell after next year. Teams will be beating his door down to hire him as a head coach. Castillio is here to learn the system and possibly move up the ladder when the position vacates. We lose defensive coaches just about every year. Now we will start losing offensive coaches. The good thing is that this organization keeps a good crop brilliant coaches that leaves us in the best position with very little set backs. Thank you for seeing the future and keeping this great organization a winning one.