38 replies to this topic

#21 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I've really felt good this week about the victory over the Patriots. I can't get enough of watching the highlights and the pre-game hype. The main reason we won that game was that Joe kept slinging and the defense stood tall. I think we easily handle the 49ers.

#22 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Pitta across the middle, healthier Suggs, healthier Pierce, confident Flacco, and confident Caldwell are all things people are sleeping on.

#23 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

X factors looking great. Vegas are against us again. Love being the Underdog.

#24 TheConquerorWorm

TheConquerorWorm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Collin Kapernick is a cornerback now? Lol Didn't know Mcphee would be trying to sac there speedy cornerback!!

sac there? If you're going to correct someone maybe you should use spell check first.

#25 smalljaws

smalljaws

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Win the kicking game, protect Joe and the games in the bag.

#26 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

X factor for this game will be drum roll........ Ed Reed! 2 interceptions with one pick 6!

#27 Ravens_Flock

Ravens_Flock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Why would anyone "vote down" someone for saying "X-Factor Ed Dickson". That's a valid point. Pitta has become the starter, and has had great success this year. But had it not been for Dickson's injury, he would have had a bigger season as well. People must have real short memories to forget that the former Oregon standout had 500 yds. and 5 TDs last year. Pitta has better hands, yes, though if you haven't noticed, he's dropped a few this year himself, including in the playoffs. But Dickson is still a playmaker, and having two talented tight ends, which we do, goes a long way.

Neither of them quite measures up to the complete package that Todd Heap was, in my mind, but the two of them together give defenses something to think about, along with our WRs and RBs. So don't discount Dickson. He is a weapon, and a potential "X-Factor", for certain.

#28 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I believe Kruger should be mentioned as well. He will be a key figure in disrupting that "Read Option" game that SF will try to force on us.

#29 ravens78

ravens78

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I have to agree with the post below. This has been an awesome season! I live in Denver and I bleed Black and Purple and it was so awesome to see us come up with that win. Albeit I sprouted two more grey hairs but it was one of the best games I've seen. To top it off with a win against the pats in their house I love it. I think the 49ers create some problems with a mobile QB but I think people underestimate that not only do we have a good defense, we have a veteran defense that is not as easily fooled by Sanfrancisco's pistol offense. If Flacco continues to play they way he's playing and we can establish the running game this should be an easy win for us. Great Job Ravens!!

#30 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,090 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

X factor = Vonta Leach. This is possibly the only FB that can blow up Willis, Bowman and Brooks. He'll give Rice & Pierce good running lanes the 49ers defense isn't used to seeing.

#31 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

@RAvens

#32 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

i dont know what happened with my last comment lol.. but anyways bernard pollard and ngata cant be forgotten here. the simple intimidation factor could keep kaepernick behind the line of scrimmage, but still running for his life. i think we run a 5 DB scheme the whole game, ed reed and ihedigbo in coverage, and keep pollard as a spy for kaepernick, thats something no qb wants in his life. and if ngata is back to old form, kaep will be scared to run and scared to stay in the pocket. i named those 2 x factors but really it comes down to one guy: dean pees, can he scheme our defense to force kaepernick to beat us with his arm? because he wont beat us with his arm, plain and simple

#33 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

If this game comes down to a field goal kick, I wonder how the oddsmakers' feel about Akers vs Tucker? I'd be willing to lower the spread to 3 pts just on that aspect alone...oh that's right, I forgot that the gaming (not video lol) industry doesn't do their research.

#34 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I've been ready the last dozen or so comments on this page. You know what I think is so amazing, is that you are all right. The list of X-factor players goes on and on. From Pitta to Reed to Dixon and Kruger, The whole O-line, The Whole D-line, Flacco the running game , The receiving corp. It's just amazing how great and well rounded this team is.
It's funny that when you don't have a dog in the race, you don't think much of the two week gap from the conference game. Holly cow is it taking forever!
Look out 9ers, the UNDERDOGS are coming for you next! GO RAVENS

#35 ravefan52

ravefan52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I would say Ngata, especially now hes healthy

#36 themind'seye09

themind'seye09

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Our interior d-line will be a deciding factor. Must play disciplined. Can't get pushed off the line on running plays. Collapse the pocket towards Kapernick.

#37 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

sac there? If you're going to correct someone maybe you should use spell check first.

First of all, I was joking,and second I can tell your a unhappy person!! Be happy, we are in the Super Bowl!! Get off my sac chump!!

#38 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Our defense could be the difference in this game. If we hold them to under 20 points, say 13 or 14 or even 17, we should take the game. We'll need a good boost from our double-edged running attack (Rice / Pierce) to earn a Time of Possession style win. Unless Flacco goes crazy with 3 TD's or more and has great stats like 350 yards passing or more, we'll rely on a good dose of Leach / Rice,Pierce.

#39 PnB74

PnB74

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

First of all, I was joking,and second I can tell your a unhappy person!! Be happy, we are in the Super Bowl!! Get off my sac chump!!

lol it's an unhappy person to be correct. just kidding cause i could care less about grammar and spelling right now. go ravens!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users