Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 5 Super Bowl X-Factors

40 posts in this topic

I believe Kruger should be mentioned as well. He will be a key figure in disrupting that "Read Option" game that SF will try to force on us.

I have to agree with the post below. This has been an awesome season! I live in Denver and I bleed Black and Purple and it was so awesome to see us come up with that win. Albeit I sprouted two more grey hairs but it was one of the best games I've seen. To top it off with a win against the pats in their house I love it. I think the 49ers create some problems with a mobile QB but I think people underestimate that not only do we have a good defense, we have a veteran defense that is not as easily fooled by Sanfrancisco's pistol offense. If Flacco continues to play they way he's playing and we can establish the running game this should be an easy win for us. Great Job Ravens!!

X factor = Vonta Leach. This is possibly the only FB that can blow up Willis, Bowman and Brooks. He'll give Rice & Pierce good running lanes the 49ers defense isn't used to seeing.

i dont know what happened with my last comment lol.. but anyways bernard pollard and ngata cant be forgotten here. the simple intimidation factor could keep kaepernick behind the line of scrimmage, but still running for his life. i think we run a 5 DB scheme the whole game, ed reed and ihedigbo in coverage, and keep pollard as a spy for kaepernick, thats something no qb wants in his life. and if ngata is back to old form, kaep will be scared to run and scared to stay in the pocket. i named those 2 x factors but really it comes down to one guy: dean pees, can he scheme our defense to force kaepernick to beat us with his arm? because he wont beat us with his arm, plain and simple

If this game comes down to a field goal kick, I wonder how the oddsmakers' feel about Akers vs Tucker? I'd be willing to lower the spread to 3 pts just on that aspect alone...oh that's right, I forgot that the gaming (not video lol) industry doesn't do their research.

I've been ready the last dozen or so comments on this page. You know what I think is so amazing, is that you are all right. The list of X-factor players goes on and on. From Pitta to Reed to Dixon and Kruger, The whole O-line, The Whole D-line, Flacco the running game , The receiving corp. It's just amazing how great and well rounded this team is.
It's funny that when you don't have a dog in the race, you don't think much of the two week gap from the conference game. Holly cow is it taking forever!
Look out 9ers, the UNDERDOGS are coming for you next! GO RAVENS

Our interior d-line will be a deciding factor. Must play disciplined. Can't get pushed off the line on running plays. Collapse the pocket towards Kapernick.

[quote name='TheConquerorWorm' timestamp='1359266053' post='1331880']
sac there? If you're going to correct someone maybe you should use spell check first.
[/quote]First of all, I was joking,and second I can tell your a unhappy person!! Be happy, we are in the Super Bowl!! Get off my sac chump!!

Our defense could be the difference in this game. If we hold them to under 20 points, say 13 or 14 or even 17, we should take the game. We'll need a good boost from our double-edged running attack (Rice / Pierce) to earn a Time of Possession style win. Unless Flacco goes crazy with 3 TD's or more and has great stats like 350 yards passing or more, we'll rely on a good dose of Leach / Rice,Pierce.

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1359315678' post='1332264']
First of all, I was joking,and second I can tell your a unhappy person!! Be happy, we are in the Super Bowl!! Get off my sac chump!!
[/quote]lol it's an unhappy person to be correct. just kidding cause i could care less about grammar and spelling right now. go ravens!!!!!