10 replies to this topic

#1 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I understand we are in the SB after beating Tom Brady and the Patriots. However, I just came across this book regarding Spygate.... I haven't obviously bought the book or read it fully, but, the website has some interesting anecdotal evidence of the extent of the cheating that the Pats undertook for 6-7 yrs! Unreal!

Now, I understand what Suggs was saying... Here is the link

http://www.spygatebook.com/reviews/

Again, please don't buy the book because it makes no difference now! I wouldn't buy this book if it cost a buck either....
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't actually see any evidence besides statistical anomalies, which isn't evidence, and the second radio frequency of Tom Brady.

I was kind of hoping for actual evidence to be honest, because I don't like the Patriots, but what I read doesn't prove anything one way or another. One of the reviews is from The New York Post. I'm more confused about Spygate from reading this article, maybe I should get the book
RUH ROH! It's Ray Rice!!!

#3 Irish Raven

Irish Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Including playoff games, the Patriots are 34-7 (.829) at home since Spygate was uncovered after the 2007 season opener and 77-16 (.828) since 2002, numbers that are such huge statistical outliers in the NFL’s salary-cap era of parity that O’Leary says they can’t be attributed just to Belichick’s coaching skills and Brady’s quarterbacking.

The next-best team on that list is the Ravens, who are 66-21 (.759) at home — more than a season’s worth of home games behind New England and simply too good to be true to O’Leary and his SMU-based statistician, Dr. Miao Zang.

So are the Ravens close to getting flagged too for the superb home record?

Even more suspicious, O’Leary writes, is the Patriots’ uncanny success in covering the point spread both home and away the past 11 years. New England is 109-69-6 against the spread since 2001, producing a net of 40 winning bets that Zang writes is once again nearly three standard statistical deviations from the rest of the league — “an extremely rare case.”

Gambling

I don't gamble myself and have no interest in the spread but fair enough lots of fans do

The reason the Patriots beat the spread is they never ease up and if they're up by 10 then push on to beat you by 20.....or 30.

You can use stats to prove anything
This will be a book I won't be going near

#4 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Here are some interesting articles on Spygate if you are interested:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3392047

http://sports.espn.g...tory?page=adams (my favorite, very interesting)

http://www.secsports...te-scandal.html (has lots of interesting links as well)
Posted Image

#5 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

In 10 years Crabtree is going to accuse Jim Harbaugh of sabotaging the game so his brother could win a Super Bowl.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#6 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,155 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

In 10 years Crabtree is going to accuse Jim Harbaugh of sabotaging the game so his brother could win a Super Bowl.

Moss will agree!

#7 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

#8 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

The second radio frequency is what always bothered me. Tom Brady accepting low contract money was, in my opinion, the simple fact that he had had superstars all around him for years and without Belichik he would be nothing. Put that guy on any other team and he is nowhere near the qb he is today.

Belichik only hires random guys because he wants to control everything. He picks young guys who won't try to assert their authority (like Cam Cameron did) and maybe one of them would end up having a great idea which he could use. They are all his puppets.

Edited by dhstandard, 09 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#9 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

The second radio frequency is what always bothered me. Tom Brady accepting low contract money was, in my opinion, the simple fact that he had had superstars all around him for years and without Belichik he would be nothing. Put that guy on any other team and he is nowhere near the qb he is today.

Belichik only hires random guys because he wants to control everything. He picks young guys who won't try to assert their authority (like Cam Cameron did) and maybe one of them would end up having a great idea which he could use. They are all his puppets.

So lemme understand this
We have a thread about boldin showing loyalty to Baltimore and that's a good thing
Brady showing loyalty to n.e is suspicious?

Maybe Brady won't sign with anyone else because he makes good money and is on a perennial contender
What's he going to do, leave n.e. in hopes to get paid manning/Brees money. He already got paid that.
Is he going to leave to try and get a ring, sorry but they have just as good a chance as n,e, on a consistent basis as anywhere else.

People so caught up in conspiracy theories that they fail to get oxygen to their brains and think.

As for coaching puppets alot of hcs hire people who go all in to their system
Dennis green often did that, problem was he just didnt win in az. Very few hc want an assistant that is not willing to work in the system. Look at what Reid and others said about the dl coach they fired in Philly. Look at why fassel was fired and Cameron was fired. Guys that didnt coach within the system and with a desire to run how the hc wants

Edited by Tiz, 09 February 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Flacco, Torrey, rice. Baltimores triplets

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Shout out to Marshall Faulk, though!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#11 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

So lemme understand this
We have a thread about boldin showing loyalty to Baltimore and that's a good thing
Brady showing loyalty to n.e is suspicious?

Maybe Brady won't sign with anyone else because he makes good money and is on a perennial contender
What's he going to do, leave n.e. in hopes to get paid manning/Brees money. He already got paid that.
Is he going to leave to try and get a ring, sorry but they have just as good a chance as n,e, on a consistent basis as anywhere else.

People so caught up in conspiracy theories that they fail to get oxygen to their brains and think.

As for coaching puppets alot of hcs hire people who go all in to their system
Dennis green often did that, problem was he just didnt win in az. Very few hc want an assistant that is not willing to work in the system. Look at what Reid and others said about the dl coach they fired in Philly. Look at why fassel was fired and Cameron was fired. Guys that didnt coach within the system and with a desire to run how the hc wants

Did I say anything about conspiracies? No. I said Brady takes less money since
1. Demanding more would hurt his relationship with Belichik.
2. Without him and the Pats Brady wouldn't be a great qb.
3. He needs the talent around him to win Super Bowls. Their Super Bowl seasons were combined with outstanding defenses and Pro bowlers at almost every level. Once those guys all left to become faces of other franchises (just shows how good they were) the Pats fell off.

They win with easy schedules and an un-competitive division each season and fail in the playoffs against real teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users