Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Dennis Pitta Added To Non-Practice Participants

13 posts in this topic

Linebacker Dannell Ellerbe did not practice for the second straight day.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Dennis-Pitta-Added-To-Non-Practice-Participants/d48c8830-e2fa-404a-ae33-46ff001d63cc]View the full article[/url]

im not worried about it, right now im sure the Team is simply giving the players as much rest as possible so that they can be (if not 100 percent, as close to it as possible) all the while still staying in "in the flux" with whats going on practice wise so they can stay mentally sharp.

I am very thankful we made it through three playoff games fairly healthy. We should be ready to go kick butt in Festivus Maximus!

Is the practice/meeting schedule normally the same during Super Bowl weeks? Since the team has the game plan set for the 49ers already, what do they do down there? I know that sounds general because they do a lot I'm sure, but how is the actual schedule during Super Bowl week different from what they did this past week in Owings Mills?

Not sweating it. They can still sit on film and strategy sessions. They have plenty of time to rest before the big day. It's important that they don't rush into practicing again and risk exacerbating their injuries.

I am most concerned about Pitta, taking that shot like he did against the Pats. I thought he'd have a concussion for sure. Wonder if he's feeling after-effects of it now.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1359221568' post='1331252']
Are those two ever healthy?
[/quote]

As Ellerbe said, no NFL-player is 100% healthy through a whole season, especially towards the end.

bio

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359223978' post='1331282']
Not sweating it. They can still sit on film and strategy sessions. They have plenty of time to rest before the big day. It's important that they don't rush into practicing again and risk exacerbating their injuries.
[/quote]

Yeah. It's probably not something that would prevent him from playing in the Big Game - they're probably just playing it safe.

bio

Pitta is going to be a major contributer in our passing game. I can just feel it.

We will definitely need Pitta in there to keep the game even offensively. American Express do leave home without him. Go Ravens!!!