Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Haloti Ngata NFL’s ‘Most Dominant’ Defender When Healthy

47 posts in this topic

The Pro Bowl defensive tackle has gotten healthy and stepped up his game in recent weeks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Haloti-Ngata-NFL’s-‘Most-Dominant’-Defender-When-Healthy/6ba46fbd-b3a9-4323-92da-054adb88633e]View the full article[/url]

Saw the NFL network documentary on the 2000 Ravens. We're going to need that kind of run defense to win against the 49ers. All the guys on the front 7 are going to have to be strong.

Of course he the most dominant defender when healthy, he's the perfect anchor. Ngata doesn't just dominate on his own, everyone behind him plays better.

Ngata is such a beast. IMO though, I think he should play at DT. I think DT is Ngata's natural position and besides, Cody and Kemo just aren't getting it done.

Ngata=Beast When healthy and now he is just that. Ravens Defense will shut down 9ers just like last Thanks Giving game. GO RAVENS!!!

When Healthy, Our D has very few holes. With Ngata, Zizzle and Ellerbeast healthy and Ray calling the shots on the field and Ed in the back confusing people. We are a force to recon with.

If Kaepernick wants to run, he better pray Haloti does not find him, just ask RGIII!!!

Does anyone remember who the favorite was for Super Bowl 35, Ravens or Giants?

I'm really enjoying the ride this season. This is the best. Years of let downs overcome. GO RAVENS!!!!

What a great football team, the way they played through the injuries on both sides of the ball. But you really got to tip your cap to our -D- Ray , sizzle, Ngata,pollard,and the list goes on. It's all come full circle lets put the beat down on Sanfran and take whats ours for the city of Baltimore and send Ray out like the champion that he is. GO RAVENS

Ngata, Suggs , Upshaw, Webb, Pollard, Mcphee , Jones , Ellerbe & maybe Kruger our defense future looks very bright in the Purple & Black Go Ravens

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1359215963' post='1331167']
If Kaepernick wants to run, he better pray Haloti does not find him, just ask RGIII!!!

[/quote]

Giants were favored as were the Titans and Raiders.... Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it ?

[quote name='BmoreB' timestamp='1359227663' post='1331321']
Giants were favored as were the Titans and Raiders.... Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it ?
[/quote]
Wow I am willing to bet we were also underdogs throughout the other AFC Championship Games we made it to in past seasons. We never get love, probably because they like teams who they believe have "elite" quarterbacks and high powered offenses over defensive dominant teams.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1359215963' post='1331167']

[/quote]
Ravens were favored by 3.... Still covered in CONVINCING fashion!

People Need to Stop Talking Stupid..... and stop acting like Kruger and Williams Carried this Team...

Realize, Flacco's Contract will Get Done first..
Then Ellerbe
Then Ed Reed Retirement Deal 3-4 year Deal...

Upshaw has been groomed to Replace, Kruger and he will do so.. Plus We Will get more Pass Rusher(s) in the Draft...

Williams isn't getting L.Webb, Derrelle Revis Money cause he's not a #1 Shut down Corner...

Plus we have Jimmy Smith, Chykie Brown, Cory Graham, and Asa Jackson all quality CB depth... plus Add more through Draft...

So just Realize People

the Most likely Signing are
Flacco
Ellerbe
and Reed

other Guys can test the market and likely get the 8-10 mil a year they want

We need to draft a Monsterous DT to go next to Ngta this draft ....

Face facts the man has battled injurys the past few seasons ... Cody gets pushed back every play Kemeotu is ok but gets pushed around also .....I would love to see Tyson get a shot in there however i still want to draft a DT

@Ibleed_purple52, I agree... with the DT comment..

I watch the Draft carefully, and the best DT for a 4-3 or 3-4 is probably Florida's Sheriff Floyd he is projected around 20.

I think Haloti will recover fully from knee issues and will continue to make pro bowls he's so dominant, but the issue is Cody and Kemoitu.. If we drafted a Floyd type... We would have a Goose and Sam Adams type Combo Again.

Only Problem is MLB is a bigger issue, Ellerbe is a Great Speed backer who is brilliant in Pass Coverage and Solid on Blitzes.. but he does have lingering health issues with his feet and ankles even this week he didn't practice and its been that way most of the year... Also not as stoud on run Coverage, thats why when Ray was gone those 10 game stretch we gave up like 50 more rush yards a game..

So thats why a Manti Te'o
or other MLB Probably will the first choice if its available and/or best player

[quote name='ravensdog86' timestamp='1359243362' post='1331595']
@Ibleed_purple52, I agree... with the DT comment..

I watch the Draft carefully, and the best DT for a 4-3 or 3-4 is probably Florida's Sheriff Floyd he is projected around 20.....
[/quote]
What about Williams and Jenkins Alabama and Georgia? You never know what will fall....

when he is healthy Ngata is a wrecking ball, glad he is on my team. He is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Haloti is awsome!

If he's hurt, it because he has two guys on him at the same time.
He's Marine Tuff! I's love to see him knock out the the Klitschko brothers. And bring boxing back to the US.

I concur heartily with Ngata's observations. The man is a beast in every way. He's not just big. He's talented and fast, too. How would you like to line up against the likes of him? His very appearance is intimidating along with his reputation. This defense is poised to play like SB champs in every way. And if they play like they did in the playoffs we are going to see some powerful stuff next Sunday. GO RAVENS!!!!!

Where is everyone who was saying Ngata was falling off? Or he took he money and ran? It's hard playing on the d line with a bum knee and shoulder. Healthy he's still the most dominant player on the defense which is saying a lot. With the extra rest the defense will be ready to hunt. McPhee, Ngata, Suggs and Ellerbe are some of the people really benefiting from the extra rest now.

Not to get ahead but the defense next year will be top 10 if they can remain healthy.