28 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

The Ravens safety was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Wes Welker.

View the full article

#2 -Op-

-Op-

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Free Pollard!

#3 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

It is pretty disgusting that these offensive players [especially on the Patriots] can lower their helmets at the last second and the defensive player is called for helmut-to-helmut

#4 Rothgar

Rothgar

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

So let me get this right. Wes Welker lowers his head and Bernard Pollard gets a fine 50% larger than Brady got for what appeared to be a direct attempt to hurt Ed Reed.

Any questions!

#5 ravens1016

ravens1016

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

@Rothgar I think you're right, the one who should be penalized is Welker for provoking the contact.

#6 Klav

Klav

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Begs the question do the offensive coaches pound this in to some players to lower their heads to draw the penalties? I noticed this a lot this year.

#7 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

@ravens1016,

I also agree with your comment. Wes Welker should have been the one to get fined, not Pollard. Also, the refs were supposed to throw the flag when Brady lifted his leg into Ed Reed's knee. Why didn't they call him for that?

#8 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

But on a really bright note, we clobbered them!!

#9 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Pollard knocked the snot out of him. Later he caused a key fumble with a hit. Pay the fine and collect your share of the Super Bowl winnings.

#10 Michael T.

Michael T.

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

how can they do this in a clear consience?

#11 spuds6465

spuds6465

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Ridley will think twice before he lowers his head again.... That boy knocked himself out!!

Smooth move Ex-lax!!! hahahaha!!

Edited by spuds6465, 26 January 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#12 Ravenous-D

Ravenous-D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Let me put this simply: Pollard exemplifies the fear that comes from the punishment NFL players have inflicted upon them by truly physical teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Niners, and Seahawks. The league hates it because of the threat of money lost through lawsuits. Fans of those teams love it because you can literally beat teams into submission. It's no coincidence that the Niners and Ravens shut out teams in the 2nd half that had homefield advantage and a lead.

#13 Ugly Ball

Ugly Ball

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I think we need get some lawyers together a sue the NFL for blatant favouritism...! I watched game with my 9 year old who has played football for 4 years. He ask if it wasn't a penalty when Ed Reed got run into by a patriot after calling a fair catch and receiving the ball..! (No Call) Also when Pitta got drilled..! (No Call) Ed Reed gets cleated by Brady (No Call)..! Maybe the league needs to hire outside help or start really grading these Refs on what is obvious wrong with the fairness of penalties being called , or not called....!

#14 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

The NFL gave $30 million to NIH for brian injury research. Were oh were do you think the money is comming from? The FINES! The player's are the ones that are paying for there own research. Get it?????

Edited by Moderator 3, 26 January 2013 - 08:11 AM.
Political comments removed

#15 boldtown

boldtown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

fine is b.s.

#16 manofsteel

manofsteel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

BS,BS, clean hit. Pretty boy Brady complained due to his fine. The guy bent down on purpose to have that hit to him.

#17 fireladdie72

fireladdie72

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Pollard's hit on Ridley wasn't called a penalty either.Ridley put his helmet down also.Should not have been called with Welker either.

The entire New England area are cry babies.

#18 Magnum

Magnum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I thought this was Football and the NFL. I don't want to see players hurt, and I am all for the safty but again, this is clearly just another fine on top of a instictuall football play. Defender comes in and can't stop, and the reciver lowers HIS head in instinct.

These rules are also one of the reasons why Offences are so prolific. There is no way in the universe that the historic 2000 Ravens Defence could play in todays NFL. We'd have dudes suspended and fined left, right, and center.

I just can't understand for the life of me, why they can't just play it that way, and to be brutally honest.....call it both ways. I said before in other replies like Ugly Ball stated. You can't tell me that there isn't some kind of slant. People call me crazy, quit crying because of refs but, Pitta getting drilled in the open field defenceless,(according to the rule) regardless if there was no helmet contact is disgracefull. There was helmet contact BTW. Ironic after watching the full game again, Phil Simms calls Pitta's crushing hit "clean"

Like I said also in a previous reply, I'm so happy we beat the Pats desivively, and by a wide margin. It would've made me sick to loose that game because of a call. I do hate being negative. I'll be looking in the SB too. I don't like to be that way but after Denver and NE, I would hope it's fair.

Edited by Magnum, 26 January 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#19 towens2921

towens2921

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Pollard shoulder to upper chest hit = 15 K....

Tom Lady tries to kick Reed in the fellas = 10 K....

Nice job NFL.

#20 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Welker LOWERED his head!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users