55 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

The Ravens defense was ranked 28th overall coming out of the Week 8 bye.

View the full article

#2 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Dean Pees absolutely did get our defense back on track, even despite all the injuries. I only hope he means it when he says he has NO interest in being a head coach!!

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I think he did great this year under the circumstances he's faced. We have a DC who might stay for awhile!

#4 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Credit pees and were also forgetting about the trainers we need an article 4 them for getting our players healthy at the right time and also keeping them healthy.

#5 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I give him credit he did get it all back on track I just hope next year they an be among the best again though because it just didn't feel right this year not having a stellar defense

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I didn't know we had improved to 17th thats huge . Here's hoping for four more quaters of brilliant play calling lets shut the 49ers down.

#7 Saxxin

Saxxin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

If the ravens can get back to top 5 in defense they will win quite a few Super Bowls.

#8 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm glad we have the possibility of keeping Pees around for a while. I'm tired of seeing us bring in a new D Coordinator ever year because someone else got fired.

#9 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Maybe we can finally keep a D-coord for more than one year. Like Dick Lebeau, it would be nice to have a guy stay around who can really get it done. Sounds like Pees is well liked, and he's a stand up guy for admitting that he may have taken too long to evaluate the defense and what needed to be changed. Most guys would deflect that criticism, and blame something else. ...I'm hoping he sticks around.

#10 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Dean Pees did a great job turning the defense around. I had read somewhere that the Ravens were a top 5 defense the last six games of the regular season. We all know that the D has played great in the playoffs. When he was in NE their D was ranked in the top 5 as well amd after he left they were in the bottom 5. This tells me that he has the ability and plan to run the D for a long time.Hope he stays and has the Ravens D in the Top Tier every year.

#11 FLBoyRaven

FLBoyRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm glad Pees turned things around for the better. You gotta keep grinding and change things up as a coach as he did. That was Camerons problem he never changed up anything, his game-plans and halftime adjustments were horrible. I still believe he is the reason or D and O have done a much better job so lets give him credit for getting fired because if he didn't we would be the worst team in the league. I've been saying for the longest time that our defense isn't as bad on paper as it my look, it's just when you have an offense like we did with Cam as coach your on the field the whole darn time and we still had like the best red-zone D. I think guys deserve credit for doing so much, I think of defensive player might have spent the most time on the field over any other defense which also causes injuries. So thank you again Cam for our injures early on too.

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Dear Coach Pees,
I was one of the many that called for your head. First off I was wrong, second I apologize. We should always remember that the players on the field are probably 51% responsible. Either way, you made a tremendous turnaround with a team that was missing the previous year's DPOY and the man that would have been this year's DPOY in Lardarius Webb. Glad you're on our side this season and proud of the work you've done.

Sincerely
E97

#13 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

So, a guy loses one of the best OLBs in the league, maybe the guy who's the most complete - stops both the run and the pass well, loses his best CB, loses a great ILB and the emotional leader of the defense, not to mention loss of several important FA veterans who were huge in doing dirty work (JJ, Redding), has to replace them all with rookies and youngsters who've never started before, oh, and then has to go and face the likes of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, RGIII, Eli, etc. while his predecessor, while doing a great job, had the luxury of facing down Blaine Gabbert, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy twice, and the Sanchize - and people wonder why we struggled so much early on?

#14 GoldRaven

GoldRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Dean Pees could be one of those diamond in the rough kind of coaches and on top of that he is likely to be loyal to this organization as Dick Labeau is to the steelers.

This could be a blessing in desquise for the next generation of Ravens Defense

#15 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Dean Pees, you have my most sincere apologies.
You truly did do what I didn't think could be done. I thought our defense as too old and had sustained too many injuries.
I'm proud to have you as our DC!

#16 Klav

Klav

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I wondered where the Ravens D of old had gone, I had doubts as to the offense could amass enough points to cover up for the points allowed. The Ravens may have "backed in" to the playoffs but they sure have not looked like it the last 3 weeks. Go Ravens and thank you Dean Pees!

#17 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Going upstairs gives you a better way to see the Defense and how to Utilize it to Perfection! Caldwell and Pee's will RULE from Up Above!

#18 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Wow, if Pees really doesn't want to be a HC and just a DC then we might have our own version of Lebeau. Its so annoying to see all our DC leave so quickly while the steelers have had one DC for 8 straight years. It just doesn't seem fair :/

Edited by feartheflock, 25 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#19 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Okay all you Pees haters what you have to say now?

#20 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Moderator 1, 2 or 3: (or anyone who may know)

Can you please let me know what was the name of the song and artist they used for the video they posted on the site for the week of the playoffs. The one that starts off with John Harbaugh saying we have seen it all, injuries.... It was a season recap pump up video for the playoffs. Thanks I have been looking for it for a while I can't find it. It is such a great tune. Very inspirational.

Thank you whoever can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users