Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice Comfortable Sharing The Spotlight

39 posts in this topic

The Pro Bowl running back knows Joe Flacco is now the driver of Baltimore’s offense.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Comfortable-Sharing-The-Spotlight/4e8d7fcc-36f0-448a-8af0-076b4d867818]View the full article[/url]

Rice way to stay humble because its a team sport. When one is down and being key'd on the others win shine.

us, the fans have been right from the being our only problem was cam cameron and once we release him we started to flourish , now look at us in the super bowl , cant wait

I think Rice has a great game in the Super Bowl but I believe it will be Flacco spreading the ball around that wins us the game. FLACCO SUPERBOWL MVP

Even though we are going against the 49ers next week, If I were Ray Rice.....I would run like we're playing for the trophy!

Wow ... some of the things that Lil Ray says ...

Just reminds me so much of Ray Lewis!!!!

'What I%u2019m playing for now is a complete legacy.'

It's like scary awesome!!!!

Ray Rice is everything that a team would want as its representative , he has the 3 Hs, Humble, Happy, And Hungry for his first championship . I Would go to battle with Ray anytime anywhere !!!!!
Go RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how this is news. If your QB is not the "driver" of your offense, then your team is in serious trouble. Also Ray Rice doesn't strike me like a primadonna player either.

Its not just Ray Rice, its everyone out there. Its why we are here in the first place. We all came together under one name and played our hearts out. Ray Lewis announcing his retirement only helped and spurned that progress more. The Ravens as a team have gone thru some tough things this year, and its all helped us unite to make this run. Nobody is in their individual spotlight. They're all in this together.

The stats are a little misleading, in 2008 AFC Title Game, McGahee got most of the snaps, 20 of them for 60 yds. If Ray touched the ball more maybe the outcome would have been different.

I think he is still a threat and if he isn't turning out a 100yd game rushing performance, then his recieving skills out of the backfield are irreplaceable and help turn blown up plays into first downs.

Can't wait for Sunday, I think everyone will show up and the score will play out similar to the NE game.

Gotta love Jr. Kid has it figured out. Confident, yet humble. Loves to be in the spotlight, but doesn't mind if he is not. I give props to him. Wish there were more players like him.

I mean Ray Rice is a good running back but the Ravens never had a running back problem, they had a QB problem and Joe Flacco solved that! Please dont take that the wrong way! They need one another to be successful!

Joseph lead the Ravens baby all the experts talk about is the runningbacks guide the ravens to a win

I don't think Ray Rice has to worry about never reaching the Super Bowl again. We'll do it again in another year or two.

Flacco continues to play like the last three games, and we will surely raise the Lombardi again. He's always been the key, and this latest stretch confirms how important it is for him to play well. Hats off to Flacco. Win or lose next week, he definitely broke that string of inconsistent games, and playoff mediocracy. Hope his agent does not break the bank so we can afford other guys, but Joe deserves to continue to lead the Ravens.

I don't think it is Joe that has made the big difference this post season. He has always played as well as his O-Line would let him. These last four games, we have had a BEAST of an O-Line and Joe has had time to do his thing. One man can loose a game, but it takes a TEAM to win a game. Go Ravens!

I'm going! Ravens - listen to the "O" chant during the anthem! We are there - with you - for you!!!

Good gosh! Look at the little man's arms. Awsome!

The best running backs of all time. Jim Brown and Gayle Sayers.

End of story...

You'll get your shots Ray. Make the most of them. Personally, I don't care who is the MVP... as long as it's a Raven!

That is why I don't have a problem with Ray Rice not getting a ton of touches. He can stay fresh in games over years, instead of getting beat down over time. I'm sure if that was what was asked of him, he's the type of man to do it no questions asked. I just think it's a better investment over the next 5 years to keep Ray healthy by complimenting him with Pierce.

Since we can't comment on videos, it is Flacco's team now. Ray passed that off in Denver. All the Flacco haters are waiting in the wings in silent desperation, hoping, jinxing, and praying we don't make it. I have to listen to it everyday.

1 more win men. 1 more, and noone can say anything to you.

Ray Rice seems to have a great attitude. I am sure he will do his best to earn MVP, but will be happy for anyone on this team that gets it. You know he will do his best when called upon.

[quote name='BlackLesPaul' timestamp='1359184275' post='1331029']
Good gosh! Look at the little man's arms. Awsome!

The best running backs of all time. Jim Brown and Gayle Sayers.

End of story...
[/quote]
In their time yes, but I'll take a healthy A. Peterson on my all time fantasy team.

Ray is a class act: never complains, just takes what he's given and appreciates any help he can get (or give).

I've seen too many ball carriers complain about lack of carries or rip on teammates when things aren't going their way.

Add in his pass-catching ability and his willingness to block and you've got a complete team player.

It's ok Ray,you will get your touches,just be patient,you and Bernard compliment each other.Two headed monster!

In a league where injuries are always key, having two guys with 15 carries a game is a PLUS. It reduces the chance of nagging injuries and gives solid insurance in case one of them goes down. Rice is the better back my miles though. He's a better pass catcher and better pass protector (though Pierce will learn that with time). But when the game is on the line, it's nice to know you have Hey Diddle Diddle in your back pocket....