Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Can Ravens Stay Focused Despite Circus?

28 posts in this topic

There are 5,200 journalists registered for the Super Bowl. The Ravens will see 3,000 next Tuesday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Can-Ravens-Stay-Focused-Despite-Circus/fa852e8e-7fae-486a-9a83-8eadbde4bc26]View the full article[/url]

Love the Goose story. He should be an honorary guest for our parade when the Lombardi is back in Bmore. That would be 3-4-13 correct ?

Great article as usual, Kevin. You evoked the atmosphere in the Castle, just crawling with media people, beautifully. This is a very exciting time for all of us. We're gonna win this thing!

Look people, we only have time for Chris Berman since he's the only one that consistently speaks highly of the team. The rest of you jokers can feel free to come back after the Super Bowl.

I Miss Goose lol
A couple years ago he was promoting ribs or something in J lot--he gave us like 6 trays of them after the game and really nice to talk to.

Goose was a character! He reminds me so much of Artie Lange of the Howard Stern show! I still remember the play where he landed on Rich Gannon and literally squashed him!

I wish we could bring the whole 2000 Superbowl winning Ravens defense on the field with us as honorary captains...how awesome would that be.

I see falcons reporters, patriots reporters, all of these NFL reporters are putting too much weight on the wagon.

How sweet has this been my fellow Ravens fans! This feels better than I imagined. Goose is always a trip!

Great job Kevin. I was enjoy reading your column. Let's go Ravens! Need just 1 more win this season. Good Luck!

How much free time do they actually get anyways? They have practice every day but Tuesday (chocked full of media obligations) and Saturday (walk-through). It's not like they will have a ton of time to sight see. Keeping focused shouldn't be too difficult. They don't show up at the Super Bowl parties. They don't have to attend the programs throughout the week. They pretty much don't do anything but practice, meetings, and do media obligations, do they?

Kevin, I can only imagine how swamped you and Chad and the rest of the media team must be over the next two weeks, with all the media hoard sweeping down on the Ravens, and all the preparation work there is to do...A BIG thank you for taking the time to let us fans glimpse the "inside" of Superbowl week through your eyes!

Great article as always, Kevin, and very much appreciated!!

And did he forget Rays here to keep these guys in check making sure the guys stay focused

Give Chris Berman 90 percent of the Ravens interviews and the other reporters 10 percent of interviews and see how the others would feel. Go Ravens !

This article seems to suggest somehow the other team (you know the 49's) don't have the same challenges. And it's a problem the other 30 teams would die for. GO RAVENS!!!!!

[quote name='drillem' timestamp='1359162201' post='1330819']
This article seems to suggest somehow the other team (you know the 49's) don't have the same challenges. And it's a problem the other 30 teams would die for. GO RAVENS!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the all stars on 30 teams are thinking, "gee, Hawaii is nice right now, but I'd love to be in the Big Easy!" :)

Regarding Harbs edict about leaving the officials alone and then going ballistic. Reminds me of my parents... "Do as I say, not as I do!". Classic... BTW, Harbs. I agree with your rant. That non-call on the helmet to helmet on Pitta was awful.

.....And the story with Goose. He's like the kid that never grew up. I used to get "permission", sort of from one parent and then pounce on the other to really get permission.... Tony has that one down to a science. Great read again Kevin.

Hi Kevin! I really enjoy your blog, I especially loved the inside stories! Good luck in New Orleans! We will be routing for the Ravens here in Baltimore in epic style. Purple Power! Looking forward to living the Super Bowl vicariously thru you. Go Ravens!!!
your neighbor