65 replies to this topic

#1 AussiieeRavens

AussiieeRavens

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Should we sign Cary Williams to a new deal?
i believe we shouldnt cause we wont have the money and last year he wanted 3 years for $15
he is good but not the no.1 cornerback we need he get beaten quietly easily and the only reason people mainly think he is good is due to his interceptions

we have webb, smith, brown and graham so i reckon we dont need to sign him to an extension

your thoughts thanks!

#2 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

He's going to be priced out by other teams needing corners. The Ravens won't be able to afford him because they already have money tied up in Webb, have been grooming replacements and have to fill other needs.

Edited by Hardbaugh, 25 January 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#3 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

at the money he's asking for and looking at the youngsters we got, he'll not be back

#4 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I agree. We have some depth to lose him as well. He was okay anyway..lets be honest.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#5 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

How much will Revis demand?

#6 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Williams will almost certainly not be here next year, and honestly we don't need him. It would be a luxury, but his price will leave a return near out of the question.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I feel bad for the team that picks him up, he's going to be hugely overpaid and the fanbase will assume he's a shutdown corner.

#8 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,513 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

He should return a pick for 6. Then he will be overpaid by another dumb team with a poor FO!
Posted Image

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Okay, okay. This is getting out of hand now. I'm not a fan of Williams. But then some of this hate he is getting is really unjustified. Williams can be a #1 CB. If he goes to the right team, he could be feared. He needs a team that has a good pass rush with man coverage. You give him those two things and you will see him as a top CB. Webb is better than Williams for sure, but Williams isn't trash or anything.

The Niners would be a good fit for him. Really good fit.

#10 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

How much will Revis demand?

Revis wants Mario williams money, so 60 million guaranteed. Basically what we're paying Joe.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#11 fistfullwales

fistfullwales

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

We will not be able to or want to afford him. I don't think he's that great anyways and he always seems to be complaining about something. I think we will be better off without him and his attitude.

I cringe when I see him throw his arms up or make his pouty face - not a Raven imo.

Edited by fistfullwales, 25 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#12 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,783 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

i believe we shouldnt cause we wont have the money and last year he wanted 3 years for $15

Someone will obviously correct me if I'm wrong....but I thought we OFFERED him a 3 year/$15 M deal and he turned it down because he wanted more.

Just want to get your facts straight.......

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,075 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Someone will obviously correct me if I'm wrong....but I thought we OFFERED him a 3 year/$15 M deal and he turned it down because he wanted more.

We did offer him that, but he didn't turn it down because he thought the overall value was too little. He wanted more guaranteed money for security for his family. I think we offered $3 million in guaranteed and he wanted $7 million or something along those lines.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#14 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think he wanted 8-9 million a year. I remember reading something to that effect.

#15 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'd be surprised if anyone wanted him back. He's struggled for the most part over two years and the team already has five talented CBs under contract for next year.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#16 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I feel bad for the team that picks him up, he's going to be hugely overpaid and the fanbase will assume he's a shutdown corner.

I don't know about this.... Other teams can watch film and view his inadequacies.

That said, I sure do hope he shows up and has a monster SB. He is our weakest link.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#17 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

In a perfect world, yes we should. But the reality is that we're pressed right up to the cap limit. We can't afford to retain everybody and you can't overpay at a position when you have younger cheaper talent waiting in the wings.

I'm just hoping and praying Webby comes back at full strength I remember him taking a while to find his form after his first injury and I'm just worried that we invested a large sum of money into a player at a crucial position that will never be the same :(
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#18 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Well prior to this season the FO liked him enough to offer a fair contract. Now, he'll be priced out of our range on the open market. Good news is we do have the depth at corner to withstand the loss of Williams.

No need for all the hate on the man though. He got burned a few times this season and he hasn't been a shutdown corner by any stretch, but he's done well for us overall.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

We could use that money for Ellerbe/Kruger.

#20 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Not hating, I agree he has done okay. But I agree that he will be priced out of our budget and actually, I think priced beyond his worth, at least to us. We have a bunch of good CBs now, so we really cannot afford to overpay him. He is definietly good enough to get a much better deal than we could afford. So unless he is looking to give us a hometown discount, then he is gone. We are going to lose a bunch of good players this off season.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users