33 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,543 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ray Lewis reminded teammates to focus on the game, not all of the distractions around the event.

View the full article

#2 Zocketbeatz101

Zocketbeatz101

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Business is what we've been doing all season.No need to stop now. Lets get that prize.

#3 Bruce

Bruce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

I love their attitude. I'm so psyched I can barely stand it. GO RAVENS!

#4 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

It has been noted that we have never lost when John Harbaugh has been given more than a week of preparation with his team. He's never lost a season opener, never lost coming out of a regular season bye and didn't lose with last year's bye into the divisional round. That has to do with his demand for focus during that extra week of preparation and his player's understanding if its importance. Heading to the Super Bowl will be no different

#5 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Talk about business. I went to Modell's in Arundel Mills Mall yesterday. They where doing big business... Man, the Raven's Jersey's and Tee-shirts were selling lot hot cakes!

People where standing in line as they where taking them out of the box.
The Ray Rice Tee-shirt is the bomb!!!!

Black Turtleneck, under black Ray Rice Tee-shirt, black leather paints, blacks boots. With my black Les Paul custom guitar...

Now; all I need is some Grey Goose and a fairy tale ending.

Go Ravens!

#6 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Darn right like Billick said the other day the coach will take you to New Orleans next weekend after the SB if you stay focused and win

#7 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I completely support this course of action for the players. For me though, New Orleans is certainly going to be a pleasure trip. Keep it clean boys, don't let me see any of you on Bourbon Street!

#8 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think our players will be fine. They know that when Ray Lewis says something, everyone better darn well listen or else.

#9 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

How many of our players have ever been in a Super Bowl? Lewis, Boldin - anyone else?

bio

(Edit: maybe Ihedigbo with the Patriots last season, too... Dunno if he was active for that game or was with the PS - probably the latter though.)

Edited by bioLarzen, 24 January 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#10 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

they will be ready as will i

#11 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

One more week Ravens! One more week of focus and preparation will lead to glory! I was at my son's high school graduation where ex-secretary of State James Baker was the keynote speaker. I remember the words he said to all the kids to this day.
"Remember no matter what, take this with you where ever you go - the five P's" and he said,
"Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"! So true in all walks of life. I hope the Ravens can do that!

#12 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

They wouldn't be able to get out and enjoy much of New Orleans anyways. The crowds at a Super Bowl are crazy, and put that city into the mix, and there's not going to be much of anywhere they'd be able to go that they wouldn't be mobbed. They have the means to just throw in a couple team events inside the hotel that would enable them to spend time with their families and relax a bit during the week. That would be more practical. Although it would be nice for them to open up the NFL Experience after public closing and let the guys enjoy that place. The Experience is an amazing part of Super Bowl week for the fans! :) It should be open to the teams after hours. The guys would definitely get a kick out of it!

#13 ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I am so gratful to have some one like R.Lewis on this team he has been there and done it before and any Ravens fan knows the players put a lot of stock in what R.Lewis says they wont take this lightly. People might forget about Boldin he has gotten this far and come out on the short end of super bowl sunday when the Cardinals lost to the Steelers. The Ravens players can get a lot of advice from these players on how to approach this game on the biggest stage the NFL has to offer. It's the Ravens game to WIN GO RAVENS!!! bring home the Lombardy trophy to Baltimore.

#14 RavensFootballFan

RavensFootballFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I volunteer for free to be hall monitor for the Ravens.

#15 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I volunteer for free to be hall monitor for the Ravens.

I always love the thought of putting curfews on grown men. I mean I know they need it, and they should have one, but it's always amusing. ;)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#16 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Oh yeah the general(Mufasa) has spoken and all will follow his lead!

#17 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Curfew? How about you just not let them off the reservation at all. You're only going to be in town for 1 week. With the $$$ that they are all getting paid, I'm sure if they like NOLA that much, they can go party there anytime in the off-season.

NOLA and Miami are 2 Super Bowl destinations that have T-R-O-U-B-L-E written all over them with the bad company that both towns can draw. Well...hopefully that will be a bigger problem for the 9ers since they have a much younger team.

I'm thinking a foot long leash. Like I said, I can't imagine they'd be able to go out anywhere next week, just because the chances would be too great for them to get mobbed. While RavensFootballFan volunteers for hall monitor duty, I volunteer for hotel entertainment. I'll bring in a couple movies, and we'll all sit down and eat popcorn together. ;) And I still think the NFL Experience would be a great event to offer to the teams and their families if they could do something after hours. If I didn't have two (and soon to be three) young children who need me pretty much 24/7 right now, I'd volunteer to work at the Experience for a Super Bowl! I love that event! :)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#18 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

follow lewis's lead and you should be more prepared for a SB than you could ever imagine. Trust the Mufasa and carry him off with a trophy !

#19 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

It still hasn't fully hit me yet. It just feels like it's been a long dream.

#20 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Some are awestruck with being there. Some feel like they have already conquered the mountain by getting there. Some soak up the fun and sun while enjoying the week...

Harbs and Ray are right in not losing focus. Many players, regardless of how many times they played and/or won a Super Bowl talk about, "taking it in". Fine.

Take a snap shot. You're entitled to it. But just remember. The memories will be sweeter when you remember the "win"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users