Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dudeman

Super Bowl Locations

42 posts in this topic

Why not? How did the N.F.L. championship get played? Old dude, alert there were no domes! Do you remember the "Ice Bowl", 1964 Cleveland, sorry Baltimore Colt fans it still hurts (44-0). Winners find a way haters always hate. Charm City? Why not?

It doesn't snow in NJ like it used to. Bank on a stiff wind chill but little, if any, snow. I expect that the field will be mostly green, with a small coating of powdered snow.

You could whine about the league not wanting a snow bowl, but there are a lot of people put into danger by being forced to travel in that weather. They have to account for that. You have to have a contingency plan. 

They'll only reschedule if it's like a storm. I don't mean blizzard, I mean one of those things people go grocery shopping for.

A real storm.

Personally I love the idea of a Superbowl in the elements.

Cold weather teams make football football.

Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Bears, etc

I love seeing teams wilt under the elements while another rises above it.

I love snow bowls and snow games too, thats the best football when its in those conditions. Makes everything more brutal, more entertaining and more fun to watch.

They'll only reschedule if it's like a storm. I don't mean blizzard, I mean one of those things people go grocery shopping for.

A real storm.

Personally I love the idea of a Superbowl in the elements.

Cold weather teams make football football.

Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Bears, etc

I love seeing teams wilt under the elements while another rises above it.

Agreed

A real storm.

You are not from around here are you?

:-)

1/2 an inch of snow sends this area into a panic. The grocery stores get cleared out if they predict even an inch of snow.

Oh, and the Baltimore definition of blizzard is any snowfall that totals more than four inches.

I kid you not.

I can't imagine working all season long to make it to the biggest game of the year...  We all know how hard it is to get there...  You get there, and then you have rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, or better yet, sub-zero temperatures.  I mean, I understand it's not like we haven't seen that before and survived it (Vikings.Baltimore this year), and the Bronco's game last year in frigid temps...  but I don't think that an entire season needs to ride on those conditions...  JMO.

I can only imagine if the game on Sunday had been a day later.... The traffic mayhem would have been a mess.

I can only imagine if the game on Sunday had been a day later.... The traffic mayhem would have been a mess.

Apparently in their arrogance, the higher ups in the NFL don't realize how lucky they got and want to do more of this cold weather Super Bowl nonsense.