Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work. 1/24: Cam Cameron: Firing Was 'Brilliant Move'

114 posts in this topic

Ray Rice stock dropping? Brady fine just a gesture. Why Ravens are in Super Bowl.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-124-Cam-Cameron-Firing-Was-Brilliant-Move/0237dae0-7a72-4266-bb3a-6d91962dac03]View the full article[/url]

One thing I want to make clear: no one ever doubted Cam Cameron as a person. We all were fed up with Cam Cameron, the offensive coordinator. It was a football decision, not a personal one. He has been very classy with his dismissal and it's good to see he's doing well. I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

The one thing is undisputable. Cam Cameron is the guy who built this offense... He is the man who were doing it for 5 years! I think he was not fired because he was doing bad job puting the offensive pieces together... He was fired because he was unable to do good playcalling and still surprise opponent defenses... Jim Caldwell is only using the weapons Cam Cameron created... And he is doing that perfectly... So credit to both of them...

Wishing the best of luck to Cam and his family. Must be rough to go through unemployment, but football is like any other business after all - even if they get paid millions. Though the Ravens should have released him much sooner than they did, this change came better later than never.

As for Brady's fine.. That's less than a slap on the wrist, really.

Debik, there were a number of coaches responsible for building the Raven Offense, not just Cam Cameron! He was responsible for driving it and he did a mediocre job considering the players who have come and gone and the mixed results of his scheme!

So, if you counter with the Ravens 4 Playoff runs, remember there were 34 other guys participating in gaining those playoff berths!

As for Bill Barnwell of Grantland.com saying that Ray Rice's stock is dropping, that's ridiculous! There are more intangibles #27's presence brings than just yards gained/passes caught! So, measure stuff like 1st downs converted on 3rd downs and etc.

lets call our qb joey flacco,sounds like a name out of the sapranos. and for all the ray lewis bashers,leave this man alone,he has more class than most people i dealt with in my life,becareful or,joey flacco will comimg looking for you.

While some here loved to blast Cam incessantly, you've got to respect the man. Yes, his dismissal was necessary and overdue, but whether you want to admit it or not, he was a significant contributor to the team that is heading to the Super Bowl. There are a number of OC positions vacated due to HC promotions. I wish him well in getting one.

Pierce is becoming a beast and every team needs two of these guys (Rice is already a beast). Cameron lost his job because he couldn't get his players motivated to play consistently and a lot of that I believe had to do with Cam's my way or the highway mentality and Joe is too smart for that crap and I think the less than great relationship held Flacco back. For years we have said let Flacco go and turn him loose and Cameron kept spoon feeding him. Once Flacco was turned loose he became a beast. I remember hearing on one of the Raven's videos where Harbaugh is yelling as Flacco goes on the field, "remember some running plays". That's the freedom Joe has always needed.

they fined a player more for droopy socks then they fined brady for almost hurting Ed reed . No clue how penalities are assessed but wow. that's nuts.i have no doubt cam will find another job I am glad he is doing well .

As for Barnwell's critique of Rice ... I will simply say that stats are for losers. In this fantasy league driven sport, we now almost exclusively rate performance based on pure statistics. Do you think the Ravens are playing in New Orleans if not for our Mighty Mouse? I can name several absolutely critical plays he's made in this run. Without any one of those, we likely would not have advanced. Team, team, TEAM!!!!

The fact that the Ravens offense is doing so well without solely relying on Rice, is a good thing. It shows that they're utilizing ALL OF THEIR WEAPONS properly. Each week, it seems it's a new "go to guy", and THAT'S precisely what a great offense is supposed to do.

FREAKIN SWEET!

I hope all the super bowl media and chaos wasnt the reason we didnt practice yesterday. I would hate to see this team not win this game due to lack of preparation. We made it there...awesome. Now ors time to get to work finish the job and send Ray off the righr way...with another ring on his finger.

Ever since the year of 2011 season I haven't heard a word mention about firing Cam,I was the one trashing him to all the negatives I got then all of a sudden people started to believe what I was saying, Ray Rice the same, all that money we paid him and he has the kind of season he had, not acceptable, I've said that Bernard Pierce is a better running back at the moment when the season started and still got negatives. We are in the Super Bowl because General Lewis says so and after this season the torch will be pass over to Lieutenant General Flacco, when and if Joe Flacco run's free you going to hear more than that lion roar

Barnwell is another one of the talking heads that only knows how to read stats.[list]
[*]Ray Rice has 3.9 yards average but ask the Broncos about the 2 big runs he had.
[*]If he only has a handful of catches, ask the Patriots about the busted screen where he made something out of completely nothing
[/list]
As for why we are in the Super Bowl, I'd say it's a combination of new offensive coordinator plus offensive line shuffle. Flacco has always been good. How is it that in an act of "desperation" as some of the pundits called it, our offensive production jumps? Would the production have jumped with the same guy who had been in the system with the same core of players for 5 years? Are you kidding me? Flacco threw the perfect deep ball as a rookie...to Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason!!!!

You can't tell me that his success is a surprise. Of course it's surprising to the haters and the people that don't pay attention. We had Bobbie Williams and Jah Reid taking snaps on the o-line. We now have McKinnie and KO manning the left side, Oher back to his proper place on the right side. Jim Caldwell calling plays. We don't have a new QB. We have the same QB. So to be shocked at his output, means you weren't paying attention.

Finally, I'm not sure I buy Cam's comments. Almost sounds like he's putting the blame on the players.

Cam has a good playbook. Ive always saidf that, his lack of good play calling and play selection did him in. Im sure he will find a job somewhere. But Caldwell is clearly our man. Hes given joe the keys to the offense. Joe is our QB and im Darn pround to say it. GO JOE! GO RAVENS!

As for Barnwell's critique of Rice ... I will simply say that stats are for losers. In this fantasy league driven sport, we now almost exclusively rate performance based on pure statistics. Do you think the Ravens are playing in New Orleans if not for our Mighty Mouse? I can name several absolutely critical plays he's made in this run. Without any one of those, we likely would not have advanced. Team, team, TEAM!!!!

I couldnt agree more. He picked up some very critical blitzes in the NE game that allowed Flacco to hit Pitta and Bolden respectively on a seem route up the middle of the field. Everyone needs to see the flash in order to consider it good play but pass blocking and grinding in the trenches is a huge contribution as well

Wow. I could tell Bernard Pierce has looked much more explosive but didn't know it was almost a 3 Yard Avg difference. Maybe we'll find out Rice has been playing hurt.

defenses still do not believe in flacco thus they are taking the run from us thats why rice has not been dominant but you still have to hand him the ball because it opens up the passing game and it has worked

With all the hype going on regarding the SB and the Ravens, I for one has bitten all his finger nails and I am down to the bones in anticipation and nervousness!

Don't know why, but that is the way I feel. I just want to fast forward to the following Sunday and find out the Ravens are preparing for a huge victory parade! Joe Flacco has broken Montana's record by throwing 4 TD passes with no turnovers and is MVP! I then buy NFL rewind and enjoy the entire game in peace and zero anxiety!

Well, that was my fantasy, but reality may be the same exact thing right?

On a totally different subject, I can only hope that Cam Cameron will be fitted for a ring if we win. That is only fair, because he has been pretty good for the Ravens this year and in the past regardless of what one may think. While it may have been necessary to fire Cam to shake up the offense, he was still one of the reasons we are where we are. I hope the Ravens, being the classiest organization in football does the right thing!

The difference between Rice and Pierce, how I see it, is that Rice tends to go down easier than Pierce. Pierce has more of a build that allows him to wrestle through a tight defense for a few extra yards. Rice on the other hand is much better in finding the right gaps in the defense to break free and run for it. Together they're one of the best RB duos in the NFL.

The Greek so maybe their focus is on Rice when he's in the game and Flacco when Pierce is in. Sounds right. Hopefully the 49ers underestimate Pierce cause 6.3 per carry is crazy.

"Kaepernicking"?

That is seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Yes, even dumber than Aaron Rodgers' "wrestling belt" celebration. C'mon guys

Hopefully we won't see too much "Kaepernicking" in the super bowl.