110 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ray Rice stock dropping? Brady fine just a gesture. Why Ravens are in Super Bowl.

View the full article

#2 ravens7575

ravens7575

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

One thing I want to make clear: no one ever doubted Cam Cameron as a person. We all were fed up with Cam Cameron, the offensive coordinator. It was a football decision, not a personal one. He has been very classy with his dismissal and it's good to see he's doing well. I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

#3 DebiK

DebiK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

The one thing is undisputable. Cam Cameron is the guy who built this offense... He is the man who were doing it for 5 years! I think he was not fired because he was doing bad job puting the offensive pieces together... He was fired because he was unable to do good playcalling and still surprise opponent defenses... Jim Caldwell is only using the weapons Cam Cameron created... And he is doing that perfectly... So credit to both of them...

#4 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Nice to see that even Brady is not above the NFL rules.

#5 BallHawker

BallHawker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Wishing the best of luck to Cam and his family. Must be rough to go through unemployment, but football is like any other business after all - even if they get paid millions. Though the Ravens should have released him much sooner than they did, this change came better later than never.

As for Brady's fine.. That's less than a slap on the wrist, really.

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Debik, there were a number of coaches responsible for building the Raven Offense, not just Cam Cameron! He was responsible for driving it and he did a mediocre job considering the players who have come and gone and the mixed results of his scheme!

So, if you counter with the Ravens 4 Playoff runs, remember there were 34 other guys participating in gaining those playoff berths!

As for Bill Barnwell of Grantland.com saying that Ray Rice's stock is dropping, that's ridiculous! There are more intangibles #27's presence brings than just yards gained/passes caught! So, measure stuff like 1st downs converted on 3rd downs and etc.

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 24 January 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#7 wise ole owl

wise ole owl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

lets call our qb joey flacco,sounds like a name out of the sapranos. and for all the ray lewis bashers,leave this man alone,he has more class than most people i dealt with in my life,becareful or,joey flacco will comimg looking for you.

#8 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

While some here loved to blast Cam incessantly, you've got to respect the man. Yes, his dismissal was necessary and overdue, but whether you want to admit it or not, he was a significant contributor to the team that is heading to the Super Bowl. There are a number of OC positions vacated due to HC promotions. I wish him well in getting one.

#9 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Pierce is becoming a beast and every team needs two of these guys (Rice is already a beast). Cameron lost his job because he couldn't get his players motivated to play consistently and a lot of that I believe had to do with Cam's my way or the highway mentality and Joe is too smart for that crap and I think the less than great relationship held Flacco back. For years we have said let Flacco go and turn him loose and Cameron kept spoon feeding him. Once Flacco was turned loose he became a beast. I remember hearing on one of the Raven's videos where Harbaugh is yelling as Flacco goes on the field, "remember some running plays". That's the freedom Joe has always needed.

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

they fined a player more for droopy socks then they fined brady for almost hurting Ed reed . No clue how penalities are assessed but wow. that's nuts.i have no doubt cam will find another job I am glad he is doing well .

#11 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

As for Barnwell's critique of Rice ... I will simply say that stats are for losers. In this fantasy league driven sport, we now almost exclusively rate performance based on pure statistics. Do you think the Ravens are playing in New Orleans if not for our Mighty Mouse? I can name several absolutely critical plays he's made in this run. Without any one of those, we likely would not have advanced. Team, team, TEAM!!!!

#12 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

If Cam says his firing was 'brilliant', then what is he saying keeping him around too long was?

#13 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

so the 49ers practice? why have we not at least been watching tape on them?? lets get back to work nd get the super bowl

#14 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

That's chump change to Brady. A formality to stop people from talking.

#15 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

The fact that the Ravens offense is doing so well without solely relying on Rice, is a good thing. It shows that they're utilizing ALL OF THEIR WEAPONS properly. Each week, it seems it's a new "go to guy", and THAT'S precisely what a great offense is supposed to do.

FREAKIN SWEET!

#16 Johnny5

Johnny5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I hope all the super bowl media and chaos wasnt the reason we didnt practice yesterday. I would hate to see this team not win this game due to lack of preparation. We made it there...awesome. Now ors time to get to work finish the job and send Ray off the righr way...with another ring on his finger.

#17 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Ever since the year of 2011 season I haven't heard a word mention about firing Cam,I was the one trashing him to all the negatives I got then all of a sudden people started to believe what I was saying, Ray Rice the same, all that money we paid him and he has the kind of season he had, not acceptable, I've said that Bernard Pierce is a better running back at the moment when the season started and still got negatives. We are in the Super Bowl because General Lewis says so and after this season the torch will be pass over to Lieutenant General Flacco, when and if Joe Flacco run's free you going to hear more than that lion roar

#18 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Barnwell is another one of the talking heads that only knows how to read stats.
  • Ray Rice has 3.9 yards average but ask the Broncos about the 2 big runs he had.
  • If he only has a handful of catches, ask the Patriots about the busted screen where he made something out of completely nothing
As for why we are in the Super Bowl, I'd say it's a combination of new offensive coordinator plus offensive line shuffle. Flacco has always been good. How is it that in an act of "desperation" as some of the pundits called it, our offensive production jumps? Would the production have jumped with the same guy who had been in the system with the same core of players for 5 years? Are you kidding me? Flacco threw the perfect deep ball as a rookie...to Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason!!!!

You can't tell me that his success is a surprise. Of course it's surprising to the haters and the people that don't pay attention. We had Bobbie Williams and Jah Reid taking snaps on the o-line. We now have McKinnie and KO manning the left side, Oher back to his proper place on the right side. Jim Caldwell calling plays. We don't have a new QB. We have the same QB. So to be shocked at his output, means you weren't paying attention.

Finally, I'm not sure I buy Cam's comments. Almost sounds like he's putting the blame on the players.

#19 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Cam has a good playbook. Ive always saidf that, his lack of good play calling and play selection did him in. Im sure he will find a job somewhere. But Caldwell is clearly our man. Hes given joe the keys to the offense. Joe is our QB and im Darn pround to say it. GO JOE! GO RAVENS!

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

wish you the best cam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users