Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

Cam Cameron rooting for his team

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

According to this NY Times article , he is happy for the team .

http://nyti.ms/WVLYug

#2 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

football is a business........ nothing personal..... im sure harbaugh and him will remain friends ... it was just something the business side needed to do... good to hear it from him :229031_cheer:

Edited by Raven07, 23 January 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#3 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I guess you know coming into a job like this that your time is always short-lived. But it has to be a lot harder than people think to be fired as a football coach.

When you're with a team, you make a life there. You put all your time and effort into bettering a team - and what do you get out of it? A bitter, short career with a city that despises you.

Your life's work is in football. It's what you're good at. It's where your passion is. And then you're thrown out of it. There's no "other company" with an equal job waiting to hire you. If you're fired, you take a step back. Or you might not ever be back.

#4 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

If reading that article doesnt raise your respect for Cam Cameron, you have issues.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

If reading that article doesnt raise your respect for Cam Cameron, you have issues.

I agree . I wanted him gone but my respect for him as a person went up a bunch after
reading the story .

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Definitely like him more after reading that. Hopefully he gets a ring if/when we win.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Definitely like him more after reading that. Hopefully he gets a ring if/when we win.

That's interesting . Would he get a ring if we win ? He was part of the team for most of the year.

#8 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is probably the penultimate neccessary evil.

I have never celebrated the fact that Cam got fired, and I am glad that he, Lee Evans, and Billy Cundiff are all relatively at peace with where they are now.

Just like anything with a team he never deserved all the blame, or all the credit. It's also amazing that some of his stubborness that fans despised so much actually has helped us in the long haul.

I will admit that for awhile I had strong doubts about the air coryell, and that has something to do with how the league has trended to possession passing.

But let's make no mistake or two bones about it; this years play-offs have shown that the deep strike ability is strangely unique to us and hard to defend when it's on point. We drafted Flacco with the idea that he was the perfect air coryell passer, and to see that come to fruition is simply incredible.

No the issue with Cam was the year in Miami hurt his credibility, and some of the play calling was simply inappropriate. It was never so much the run/pass ratio per se but more to do with we seemed to run/pass at the wrong time. Even recently against the Pats though we had a series of 3 and outs late in the 4th with a 14 point lead that should have seen three hand-offs to the running back. Instead we stayed "agressive" and that resulted in a quicker than necessary 3 and out.

I guess time will tell if Cam was the true reason behind our inconsistency...

Edited by Dudeman, 23 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#9 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,811 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

No surprise. These are still his guys. This is still his installed offense (for the most part). He's got connections with our players that goes beyond the job.

Plus if we win a Super Bowl he can show how he helped develop Joe and installed a winning offense. He just doesn't know how to execute it.
Posted Image

#10 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

No surprise. These are still his guys. This is still his installed offense (for the most part). He's got connections with our players that goes beyond the job.

Plus if we win a Super Bowl he can show how he helped develop Joe and installed a winning offense. He just doesn't know how to execute it.

That was always the issue....

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#11 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have never disliked Cam Cameron the person and I have respect for him as a human being, but I have never liked him as an OC. While I think it is wonderful that he is at peace with what happened and is enjoying his time away from the game, he still doesn't take any responsibility for what many of us have been saying for years about his playcalling and what we (and others who are closer to the team including players and reporters) have called "control" issues.

Instead, it was his firing that shook things up and had everyone else take a look in the mirror at themselves and, I guess by extension, that is why they are playing so much better on offense. Has nothing to do with conservative playcalling, incredibly predictable play selection or the inability to remember for entire games that you want to hand Ray Rice the ball sometimes.

I wish him well wherever he goes, as long as its not back in Purple and Black.

I did find it interesting listening to some of the Baltimore writers who have been on ESPN radio all this week kind of giving an inside view of what they saw leading up to the transition from Cameron to Caldwell. I had no idea that part of the reason for his dismissal was due, in their opinion, to Cameron once again moving to have Caldwell removed as QB coach; as he had done to Zorn.

Edited by DMH_in_WA, 23 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Delays.jpg

#12 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Wow... He seems so totally at peace with it, very remarkable; very commendable. I really do wish him the best next season.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#13 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hopefully Cam lands somewhere he can fit in and be successful. I kinda hope we give him a ring if we win it all though, because he did help us win 9 games and he helped develop Flacco into the monster he has become

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

#14 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I have never questioned Cam about behavior and personality level cuz I know he is very nice and good person, but such quality don't go hand in hand in business. I question about his ability on the field but off the field, the guy is a class like the Ravens.

Glad he is ok on mental part...wish you the best Cam...but sorry you don't fit to our offensive system.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#15 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,214 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Knowing the classy organization the Ravens are, I will be shocked if he is not fitted for a SB ring if we do win it all! After all he was just one game short of us making the playoffs when he was fired!
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I would encourage him to take an extended vacation! Some people just aren't cut out for certain lines of work. He's a millionaire, so he can just continue focusing on his family life.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#17 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

According to this NY Times article , he is happy for the team .

http://nyti.ms/WVLYug

He's happy and should be pretty downright embarrassed, too.

#18 Corvus_corax

Corvus_corax

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I always thought Cam Cameron came across well in his interviews and press conferences. For that reason I really wanted him to succeed. Unfortunately things just were not working out with him as offensive co-ordinator and a change had to be made. That's life, that's football.

It's nice to read that Cam doesn't bear any grudge about what happened. When we beat the 49ers I hope he will be given a Superbowl ring. He has been a part of the Ravens 2012/13 season and therefore deserves one.

#19 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Its interesting to see that so many fans here had a personal relationship with the man. At least that is the conclusion someone would come to with all the "I have great respect for him as a person". I didn't know him personally and as such have no personal stake in his life, either good or bad. I certainly do not wish him any ill tidings, but I am not going to throw him a parade either.

I did see his professional work, and he "seemed" to be stubborn, arrogant and a bit egotistical. It was those qualities that were holding the team back, or so I believe Obviously the FO and coaching staff must have believed something similar as the man was released mid-season. A move that drastic leads me to believe the issues were fairly bad. Based upon that alone, I do not think we need "time to tell" us whether it was a good move or bad.

To be completely honest, I do think he assisted the team and Joe to reach the the status both are at presently. I just think that his usefulness ended several years ago, and he was only still here due to misplaced loyalty.

I am still happy and celebrate that he is gone.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#20 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Its interesting to see that so many fans here had a personal relationship with the man. At least that is the conclusion someone would come to with all the "I have great respect for him as a person". I didn't know him personally and as such have no personal stake in his life, either good or bad. I certainly do not wish him any ill tidings, but I am not going to throw him a parade either.

I did see his professional work, and he "seemed" to be stubborn, arrogant and a bit egotistical. It was those qualities that were holding the team back, or so I believe Obviously the FO and coaching staff must have believed something similar as the man was released mid-season. A move that drastic leads me to believe the issues were fairly bad. Based upon that alone, I do not think we need "time to tell" us whether it was a good move or bad.

To be completely honest, I do think he assisted the team and Joe to reach the the status both are at presently. I just think that his usefulness ended several years ago, and he was only still here due to misplaced loyalty.

I am still happy and celebrate that he is gone.

This

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users