Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: Lombardi Trophy Visits Baltimore

45 posts in this topic

The only station that I think does not really give the Ravens much chance is NFL Network. I guess maybe because their offices are in California. Really do not know why we get a lot of negs from them. Oh well, so be it. Or, maybe because Ray is going to ESPN, do you think? Go Ravens.

I am so proud of the Ravens players not looking at the Lombardi Trophy, and it is important that the Ravens work really hard in practice, and they must get ready for the 49ers because they are a very tough team, and it is going to take perfect football to beat the 49ers, and the fact that the Ravens did not want to look at the Lombardi says it all, and they know it is going to take work to get that trophy. Lets go Ravens baby!!!

It goes back to the curse thing, I don't believe in curses, But why take the chance. The team will imbrase it soon enough, after we WIN IT !

The Ravens will always be black sheep in this league, 17 years and many commentators still intruduce the Ravens, formerly the browns. I get tired of hearing it. We got now simpathy from the league when they stole the COLTS from us.
All that really matters is that the FANS respect them. Because they hav EARNED IT.
GO RAVENS!

I don't believe in jinxes, but I think there is such a thing as karma (they are different). For Ray, it is a mindset thing. As a team, we have to be very thrilled to be where we are, because (outside of Ray and Q) none of our guys have been here. But it is critical for Ray to send the message - as he did last week - that all the good things that have transpired to this point mean nothing if you don't finish the deal. Focus, focus, focus. Plenty of time after Feb 3 to embrace the ENGRAVED trophy.

What? When Ray Lewis showed up they put it away?

Did they think he'd do a Gollum-esgue "My Precious, my precious, gollum,... gollum"?

Alas, CBS Associate Director Cory Fishman said Ray Lewis laid down an order that nobody was going to be shot with the trophy!

Cory Fishman also said: "Most teams don't have an issue with it"....

ATTABOY, Ray,.... I can understand that! When it's ours, then we'll take pictures and all that stuff!

Great article and that just shows how focused this team is.Why take pictures with it, when you can look at it every day next to the other one in the case.

That makes it so much better. The first time they touch it will be after they've stomped the 49ers.

As it should be.

Lots of "jinxes" were thrown at us over the course of the last 3 weeks. One more win jinxes or not. I completely agree with Ray, and am glad that he is keeping everyone focused on that one more win.

I'm not going to trash CBS to much but, I found it disgusting to not only see how short our post game interviews were with some of our players, but how Nantz had to stand there the whole time with a forced smile.If you watch it agaian, you can clearly see he didn't like it. Esspecially after Bicotti said "I'm glad your here to give this to me" He was pissed!

The 9ers got alot of time for postgame, but we were cut short because of "commercial obligations" and Hawaii 5-0. Even Sizzle goes up to Nantz and was like, "You ain't gonna interview me?" They cut right away to commercial.

Joe Flacco's postgame interview on NFL network was also cut off and interupted for Tom Brady's. That would've never happend if it was reversed.

Ahhhhhhso much like 2000.....

This may not be the correct forum for this,but i was wondering: how many players on the Ravens roster have been to a SB and how many have won a SB?

@NitRav - I believe there are only 2 players on the roster: Lewis and Boldin.

I'm glad it "visited" it's final resting place, now it knows where it belongs!!!!