Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 5 Changes From Last Year's Game

62 posts in this topic

A lot has changed since the Ravens and 49ers met on Thanksgiving last season.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/5-Changes-From-Last-Years-Game/2079d542-8b3e-45eb-ae75-d0ffbc2b76d5]View the full article[/url]

While Kaepernick may be a more dynamic QB, I think we benefit the most from these 5 differences. Now, let's see the 1 Winning Drive highlights! (Please :-)

There may be things that have changed but the result will be the same as last year: we will win!

Gotta keep Kaepernick in the pocket, force him to throw and make mistakes. Suggs and Kruger need to keep things in front of them. Over pursue, and Kaepernick will have running lanes. But we're a much better defense than Green Bay or Atlanta. My guess is the Ravens will make Kaepernick look like a second-year player on more than one occasion.

Looking forward to seeing how Kaepernick responds to open field hits by Pollard. I have a feeling #31 is going to play a big role in the game.

Lets go Ravens, and there is so much that we have to look forward to, and Ravens lets take care of business in New Orleans and get the Lombardi back in Baltimore baby!! Lets go Ravens!! One team, one heart, one mind, one city, and one goal, put everything on the field and win for Art Modell, Tevin Smith, OJ Brigance, and for Ray Lewis, and to get Joe the respect that we know he deserves.

Hey Garret, the most important change is that Cam is not running the Offense! And, coach Harbaugh, I mean Jim knows whats about to happen! He probably told John, Cam had to go but, didnt know it would BITE him in the end! Lol!

Rookie quarterbacks are not ready for Ray. He knows everything about the game and can anticipate the plays of proven elite quarterbacks like Manning and Brady. What makes anyone think that Kaepernick will be able to run when Ray is spying him? The Falcons took the running game out of him last week. We are pretty much balanced on defense but we can beat them with the deep passing game.

One factor: Kaepernick has never seen on the field Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata. And Kruger. And out of the pocket Pollard is ready to give him the "Ridley treatment".

@CapoRocky theres one way he very well can beat ray while hes spying, by being faster, which he is. ray might be smarter than any offensive player on the field, but he's about as fast as molasses compared to kaepernick. you dont wanna say it, it hurts, but its true. but if you combine kaep's inevitable rookie mistakes against a smart defense, and our ability to score fast OR sustain long drives and work the clock, it basically means they cant hang with us. were ready to take this one home no matter how fast kaepernick is

Hahaaaaa ...

I hope Jim Harbaugh is just saving Alex Smith to use in the Super Bowl!

Pressure, Contain, Sack, Strip, Recover, Return, TD ... Then next possession
Pressure, Contain, Hit, Tip, INT, Return, TD ... Then next possession
Pressure, Contain, Sack, Strip, Recover, Return, TD ... Then next possession
Pressure, Contain, Hit, Tip, INT, Return, TD ...
Over and Over and Over ... All Night Long!!!

I think it will be a long night for whomever is behind
Center for San Fran!!! :)

[quote name='RavensFan52720' timestamp='1358977334' post='1327948']
where are the Behind the Bench segments????
[/quote]moderator three said they would be posted saturday

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWC_uoP6Rc[/media]

[color=#ff0000]Moderator warning: Video contains mild profanity.[/color]

What do you think guys, will the NFL let Suggs do another one of his trademark self-introductions or will he be obliged to stick to the formula - and the facts this time?

bio

[quote name='NorwayLovesRavens' timestamp='1358977590' post='1327956']
Just Curious ...

Did #21 Ladarius Webb play last time on that Thanksgiving against the 49ers?
[/quote]

He did.

bio

[quote name='NorwayLovesRavens' timestamp='1358977590' post='1327956']
Just Curious ...

Did #21 Ladarius Webb play last time on that Thanksgiving against the 49ers?

I hope we put #24 Corey Graham on Moss!
[/quote]

Yes, LDWebb did play against the 49ers last time. He had a crucial interception in the end zone to end the first half and I believe he notched a sack or two.

"a quarterback rating of 114.7"

That'll probably be the passer rating. QB rating goes 0-100.

That's still pretty darn good though.

bio

[quote name='morebor' timestamp='1358979397' post='1328013']
Yes, LDWebb did play against the 49ers last time. He had a crucial interception in the end zone to end the first half and I believe he notched a sack or two.
[/quote]

yep. He had that INT and half a sack. He played the way he can ;)

That game was crazy for our D. Smith was sacked 9 times... Nine.

bio

Kaepernick has had a great first season,buts lets not forget here that hes a rookie.This is the Superbowl.Rookie QB.Superbowl... We have a QB that gets better when the occasion is bigger.Thats what you call class.

san fran's rookie, i mean second year qb. will be the x-factor. watch him play at neveda and he thrives with pressure. his running will challenge defense on temptation not stay at "home" when he starts to dance.

[quote name='greenraven' timestamp='1358980039' post='1328034']
Kaepernick has had a great first season,buts lets not forget here that hes a rookie.This is the Superbowl.Rookie QB.Superbowl... We have a QB that gets better when the occasion is bigger.Thats what you call class.
[/quote]

this is actually year two for Kaepernick

defense must trick him into making mistakes and our offense must dominate as it has thus far in the playoffs. special teams must show up as well. go ravens!!

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1358979695' post='1328023']
"a quarterback rating of 114.7"

That'll probably be the passer rating. QB rating goes 0-100.

That's still pretty darn good though.

bio
[/quote]

Well considering Total QBR, which is what you are talking about on a scale of 0-100, is not the official NFL passer rating, passer rating is still considered Qb rating, because it is the official NFL stat. Total QBR is a movement by people that know the game to change Qb rating, but passer rating on a scale of 0-158.3 is still the official Qb rating.

Everyone is saying we will not be prepared for the pistol formation SF runs.
Didn't we use that with Joe a couple years ago when he was hurt?
It's not rocket science. You keep your eye on the ball and don't over pursue.
They are not ready for what is coming!
Go Ravens!

I feel deep in my soul, that we did not get this far to lose in the Super Bowl. Again, we will be the underdog and none of the analyst will give us a chance. But we have everything we need to be Champs again, and we will.