Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Let's look back at our FA winners and losers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,167 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Winners:

C Matt Birk: Not a FA but was considering retirement. He returned to what has been his healthiest and most productive season in recent years.

WR Jacoby Jones: Constantly criticized and run out of Houston, this season has been one of personal redemption for Jones who has done nothing but make huge plays. Fast as _ _ _ _.

CB Corey Graham: Quietly shedding his 5 year label as a special teamer Graham has proved to be much more, one of the unlikely heroes of the postseason.

NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu: After weighing in some 415lb in a workout two years ago he returned after dropping 70lb, signed a one year deal and replaced Terrence Cody as the starter at NT.

SS James Ihedigbo: Signed in September after being cut by the Pats in August. Enjoyed a win over his previous team in the AFC Championship.

LB Brendan Ayanbedejo: The 35yo special teamer is still the fastest linebacker on the team. Re-signed for three years.

S Sean Considine: A special teams standout who thought his career could be over two years ago. Now he's spending $15,000 on SuperBowl tickets "You don't get a lot of opportunities to play a game like that"

Unlucky:

CB Lardarius Webb: Signed a 6 year $50 million dollar extension before tearing his ACL in week 6.

ILB Jameel McClain: Signed for 3 years $10.5 million, was put on IR after suffering a spinal contusion late in the season.

Losers:

LG Evan Mathis: "Good meeting with the Ravens. I think it's a good fit." Hosted by the FO to replace Ben Grubbs, only to find he was drumming up leverage to re-sign with the Eagles.
Evans posted this on twitter:

http://ravenworksart...cilEagle3-4.jpg

C/G Jason Brown: Was offered a one year deal to fill the vacated LG spot. Brown decided to wait until after the draft and ultimately was not signed by any team.

OLB Jarrett Johnson: Said he wanted to finish his career here but the writings were on the wall with Kruger. Signed a 4 year $19 million dollar contract with San Diego.

LG Ben Grubbs: We’re in negotiations of offering a lot of money,” Harbaugh said in February. Grubbs signed a 5 year 36 million dollar deal with the Saints in March.

DE Cory Redding: After revitalizing his career he followed Pagano to the Colts for $17.5 million over 3 years. "This is a business, I did my job so chill out!"

S Tom Zbikowski: "I need to prove myself and show people the kind of football player I should have been there, and I'm not gonna be [that] guy who lost his job." Signed a 3 year deal to start for the Colts.

NT Brandon McKinney: Buried under the Terrence Cody project for two years he also followed Pagano to the Colts. Ends his season early on IR.

S Haruki Nakamura: Signed a 4 year deal with Carolina so he could compete for a starting spot. Got his first start in week 11, ended the season on IR.

K Billy Cundiff: Mr Shank himself, currently a FA, almost found himself in the SB with the Niners.

WR Lee Evans: Injures slowed him down and he was cut early in the offseason, then from the Jags in August. Attempting to make a comeback next season

OLB Sergio Kindle: Cut recently. An unfortunate sequence of events but those are the breaks, sometimes literally.

CB Chris Carr: Overachieved and was overpaid, cut in March. Bounced from Vikings to Chargers.

CB Domonique Foxworth: Failed a physical after being plagued by injuries. Retired after being cut.

Edited by BloodRaven, 23 January 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#2 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

How about Cary William? who has been scrutinized as blown coverage in the season after turning down a contract but has made a huge improvement near the end of the season and into the post season. However, I can't see him stay with us cuz he demands more money.....I rather keep Ellerbe...

Edited by AsianRice, 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#3 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

How about Cary William? who has been scrutinized as blown coverage in the season after turning down a contract but made a huge improvement near the end of the season and into the post season. However, I can't see him stay with us cuz he demands more money.....I rather keep Ellerby...

Cary has been consistently beat all season, including the post season. He's made some plays here and there, but he wants more money than he's worth and I don't think he's a starting caliber corner. I don't think press man is his strength. This team needs to figure out what direction it wants to take in terms of cornerback philosophy in the secondary.

#4 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Cary has been consistently beat all season, including the post season. He's made some plays here and there, but he wants more money than he's worth and I don't think he's a starting caliber corner. I don't think press man is his strength. This team needs to figure out what direction it wants to take in terms of cornerback philosophy in the secondary.

only if we have the stable DC......everyone seems to snatch our DC for their HC vacancy whenever they can.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#5 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

DE Cory Redding: After revitalizing his career he followed Pagano to the Colts for $17.5 million over 3 years. "This is a business, I did my job so chill out!"

Redding has been a big plus for the Colts D-line. Really looking forward to 2013 season for him.

S Tom Zbikowski: "I need to prove myself and show people the kind of football player I should have been there, and I'm not gonna be [that] guy who lost his job." Signed a 3 year deal to start for the Colts.

Tom has been a bid disappointment for the Colts secondary to say the least. I think they will address the safety position in the draft.

Edited by funky141, 23 January 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#6 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Redding has been a big plus for the Colts D-line. Really looking forward to 2013 season for him.

Tom has been a bid disappointment for the Colts secondary to say the least. I think they will address the safety position in the draft.

Redding is very good D-man for sure, but he probably has 1 or 2 good year left due to his age.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#7 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Very nicely done! Jones was huge for us even though most people thought he would be like Housh or Evans.

Edited by cursona pirate, 23 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#8 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,167 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Without Jones or Graham we lose to the Broncos and there is no Raven's Super Bowl.

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

this isn't about the colts. It's about the players that left for various reasons and are now missing out on a superbowl.

The grass isn't always greener.

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Poor Grubbs, Redding, Johnson & Mathis. They could've been here. I can forgive JJ because I think we let him walk, and the same goes for Redding. But Grubbs can enjoy watching us play the SB. Same for Mathis.

#11 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

this isn't about the colts. It's about the players that left for various reasons and are now missing out on a superbowl.

The grass isn't always greener.

took the words right out of my mouth there loss .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Could also add Bobbie Williams to the loser/unlucky section. He got hurt during pre-season and he either never fully recovered or just doesn't have it anymore. Ray Rice is also a FA winner.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#13 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Could also add Bobbie Williams to the loser/unlucky section. He got hurt during pre-season and he either never fully recovered or just doesn't have it anymore. Ray Rice is also a FA winner.

While we're at it, how about Ricky Williams? Retired and then we go to the Super Bowl. Man.

#14 descent into the maelstrom

descent into the maelstrom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

While we're at it, how about Ricky Williams? Retired and then we go to the Super Bowl. Man.

We may not have made it past Denver with Williams because we likely would not have drafted Pierce. Pierce made some big plays in that game. Maybe Williams would have, too, but maybe not.

#15 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Poor Grubbs, Redding, Johnson & Mathis. They could've been here. I can forgive JJ because I think we let him walk, and the same goes for Redding. But Grubbs can enjoy watching us play the SB. Same for Mathis.

I don't feel bad for any of the guys. It's like Redding said, "It's a business".

#16 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Exactly. Had any of these guys stayed the entire story might be different. Cary Williams has improved a lot during the season but isn't worth the money he wants.

#17 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I don't think I would put Ma'ake Kemoeatu and "winner" in the same sentence.

The fact that he beat out Cody in training camp is only a sign of how poor Cody was playing as well. We definitely need an upgrade at NT.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#18 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,167 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I don't think I would put Ma'ake Kemoeatu and "winner" in the same sentence.

We might not be but he sure is, he's got a front row ticket at the tip of the spear.

Yeah I feel for JJ and would have liked for him to retire here. I still hope he does.

#19 Ravens>Steelers

Ravens>Steelers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

When Jacoby Jones dropped that easy third down conversion in the Broncos game he would have easily been the scapegoat if the Ravens lost that game before his miracle catch

#20 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Unlucky:

CB Lardarius Webb: Signed a 6 year $50 million dollar extension before tearing his ACL in week 6.

This was a very sad day for me, right after I got my Webb jersey :( :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users