51 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ray Lewis sacked Jim Harbaugh, Dr. Dre rooting for Lewis, Harbaugh sons helped dad.

View the full article

#2 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Silver looks better with purple and black rather than red and gold.

#3 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

And here I thought everyone (even Steelers fans) loved Torrey Smith. I can't believe people would taunt him over brothers death.... There is more to life and this world than football!!!

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Man I am so anxious for the SB it's making me age quickly!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ravens and make my year and the entire Ravens nation elated!

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

If Flacco gets 4 TDs and 0 INTs, I like our chances :-)

#6 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Man I am so anxious for the SB it's making me age quickly!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ravens and make my year and the entire Ravens nation elated!

It's going to be a long week and a half ...

#7 ZuluRaven

ZuluRaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Pats fans have 0 respect, it makes me sick how people can joke around about a persons death. Football is a part of life, not life.

#8 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm glad they are facing the niners, the falcs would have run all over the secondary with the Jones and White.

#9 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey, we owe the dirty birds for a Roddy White "push off" on Josh Wilson in the 2010 'Thursday Nite Football' game!

That uncalled penalty allowed him to score a TD that erased our 21 point comeback in that humid pot they call a dome!

But, Niners, who are more interesting, or falcs,... machts nichts,... we bang people in the mouth!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 23 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#10 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth).

#11 iamDLEErious

iamDLEErious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I had this nightmare the other night about the Ravens. Suggs hurt his achilles and was supposed to be out all season. Ray Lewis tore his triceps and was supposed to be out all season. Lardarius Webb hurt himself all season. Torrey Smith's younger brother tragically died in an accident. We started losing games. Offense wasn't looking good. We lost to the Steelers and Redskins when we really needed to win. Then we had to face Andrew Luck and our old defensive coordinator. Then Peyton Manning in Denver. The nightmare continued to new england and flashes of last season popped into my dream. And to make it all worse, Ray Lewis said this was it. He was going to retire. I wanted to wake up. It was a horrifying dream. But then, out of nowhere, Suggs came back! And then Ray Lewis had a last ride left in him! Suddenly, Peyton Manning started crumbling. As i was trying to wake up, Jacoby Jones caught a 70 yard TD pass to ultimately help us beat the broncos. And then, Tom Brady went down! We started doing miraculous things! It was incredible. The nightmare started turning into a wonderful dream. We started winning when the "experts" told us it was impossible. One by one, the team that was supposed to win started losing. To the Ravens. Just when i thought the dream couldnt get any better, I was suddenly in New Orleans. Could this be? nooooo. The Ravens were in the superbowl. This is absolutely the best dream I've ever had. It feels so real. I wish I would never wake up. But when i do, I hope to see Ray Lewis hoisting that Lombardi trophy. The Baltimore Ravens are going to the Superbowl! Pinch me! Actually, don't. :)

#12 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth).

No he's not wrong. The article says AT LEAST 8, which means 8 or more. 9 is at least 8...

“Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't..”

― Leo Buscaglia 

#13 Flockster

Flockster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Kaepernick is an intangible in this game. Second year rookie QB's who run with the ball eventually take a big hit. Keep him in the pocket and pressures him. If he runs he is dealing with Bernard Pollard.

#14 themind'seye09

themind'seye09

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hey Ravens fans! I have heard that Brady is the best of all time, however i'm 22 and haven't seen anything to really back that that up. So I conducted my own research and thought some of you would also find it interesting. Enjoy!

Before people start declaring Tom Brady the GOAT, I think those interested should look at his stats from his last fifteen playoff games. Of course, it should be noted that his first nine playoff appearances were all wins, resulting in three rings. Remember, this status is by no means intending to insult Brady or the Patriot's organization in team. It is solely for conversational and educational purposes only.

Over the past fifteen playoff games, the Patriot's record is 8 wins and 7 losses. Tom Brady's stats: 363-583 (62.3 percent completion percentage), 3,998 passing yards, 31 touchdowns, 19 interceptions.

Twelve of those fifteen games were fought in Gillette Stadium. These games were fought over the course of seven post-seasons, four of which the Patriots were either the number one or two seed and heavily favored over their opponents.

Consider the 8-7 record as lasting essentially the duration of a season (15 games versus 16). With that, we can compare Brady's "playoff season" performance to his regular season performance. Brady's regular season interception average is ten per season. That figure (19) almost doubles during his "playoff season".

So all of these stats raise questions. What is the cause of Brady's diminishing playoff performances? How good is he really?

My conclusion: A combination of early playoff success and a good career win percentage during the regular season has created high expectations for Tom Brady and his team. The kind of expectations that can weigh on a man's shoulders. So to put it simply, Brady has not lived up to his expectations over the past fifteen playoff appearances. The question is, were the expectations placed on him too high? Surely, if he is the GOAT, then no expectations are too great. But alas, Tom Brady is not the goat.

#15 mrs.raven

mrs.raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I can certainly see Joe throwing at least 4 TD's and no INT in the Superbowl. I can't wait to see him finally get what he deserves, the respect of being an Elite QB in the NFL. We have always known he is elite, but now so does everyone else!! So proud of our Ravens!!!

#16 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Kinda funny to hear Dr. Dre rooting for the Ravens to win. Guess its on to the "next episode" for them.

#17 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Torrey, don't listen to those who can't find anything good to say because they are miserable in life , but they don't have any choice but to watch you

#18 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

fusuymada, on 23 January 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

" Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth).

No he's not wrong. The article says AT LEAST 8, which means 8 or more. 9 is at least 8..."

Yes it is wrong. It's not wrong in the AT LEAST 8 part of it, but in the first paragraph it says Flacco TRAILS ONLY MONTANA... IF Young had 9 TDs with 0 INTs then Flacco trails Steve Young as well - not just Montana. I dont know if that stat is correct, but assuming it is then it was incorrect. Flacco trails more than just Montana

#19 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

@ZuluRaven....Not all NE fans are heartless, just the few, which I'm sure most teams have. After this story came out, NFL website was bombarded with NE fans apologizing and trying to correct this terrible thing against Torrey. Most football fans, no matter what team they root for, know Torrey is an exceptional person and player.

#20 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Someone build a time machine and take us to Feb. 3, 2013 already! I'm tired of waiting.

Or, someone in the future reading this, use your time machine to take us there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users