Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/23: Joe Flacco Closing In On Idol Joe Montana

54 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis sacked Jim Harbaugh, Dr. Dre rooting for Lewis, Harbaugh sons helped dad.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-123-Joe-Flacco-Closing-In-On-Idol-Joe-Montana/620d7258-7c5d-44b3-a765-c5791fd6099e]View the full article[/url]

And here I thought everyone (even Steelers fans) loved Torrey Smith. I can't believe people would taunt him over brothers death.... There is more to life and this world than football!!!

Man I am so anxious for the SB it's making me age quickly!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ravens and make my year and the entire Ravens nation elated!

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1358953400' post='1327391']
Man I am so anxious for the SB it's making me age quickly!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ravens and make my year and the entire Ravens nation elated!
[/quote]

It's going to be a long week and a half ...

Pats fans have 0 respect, it makes me sick how people can joke around about a persons death. Football is a part of life, not life.

I'm glad they are facing the niners, the falcs would have run all over the secondary with the Jones and White.

Hey, we owe the dirty birds for a Roddy White "push off" on Josh Wilson in the 2010 'Thursday Nite Football' game!

That uncalled penalty allowed him to score a TD that erased our 21 point comeback in that humid pot they call a dome!

But, Niners, who are more interesting, or falcs,... machts nichts,... we bang people in the mouth!

Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth).

I had this nightmare the other night about the Ravens. Suggs hurt his achilles and was supposed to be out all season. Ray Lewis tore his triceps and was supposed to be out all season. Lardarius Webb hurt himself all season. Torrey Smith's younger brother tragically died in an accident. We started losing games. Offense wasn't looking good. We lost to the Steelers and Redskins when we really needed to win. Then we had to face Andrew Luck and our old defensive coordinator. Then Peyton Manning in Denver. The nightmare continued to new england and flashes of last season popped into my dream. And to make it all worse, Ray Lewis said this was it. He was going to retire. I wanted to wake up. It was a horrifying dream. But then, out of nowhere, Suggs came back! And then Ray Lewis had a last ride left in him! Suddenly, Peyton Manning started crumbling. As i was trying to wake up, Jacoby Jones caught a 70 yard TD pass to ultimately help us beat the broncos. And then, Tom Brady went down! We started doing miraculous things! It was incredible. The nightmare started turning into a wonderful dream. We started winning when the "experts" told us it was impossible. One by one, the team that was supposed to win started losing. To the Ravens. Just when i thought the dream couldnt get any better, I was suddenly in New Orleans. Could this be? nooooo. The Ravens were in the superbowl. This is absolutely the best dream I've ever had. It feels so real. I wish I would never wake up. But when i do, I hope to see Ray Lewis hoisting that Lombardi trophy. The Baltimore Ravens are going to the Superbowl! Pinch me! Actually, don't. :)

[quote name='fusuymada' timestamp='1358954721' post='1327413']
Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco ([url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth"]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth[/url]).
[/quote]
No he's not wrong. The article says AT LEAST 8, which means 8 or more. 9 is at least 8...

Kaepernick is an intangible in this game. Second year rookie QB's who run with the ball eventually take a big hit. Keep him in the pocket and pressures him. If he runs he is dealing with Bernard Pollard.

Hey Ravens fans! I have heard that Brady is the best of all time, however i'm 22 and haven't seen anything to really back that that up. So I conducted my own research and thought some of you would also find it interesting. Enjoy!

Before people start declaring Tom Brady the GOAT, I think those interested should look at his stats from his last fifteen playoff games. Of course, it should be noted that his first nine playoff appearances were all wins, resulting in three rings. Remember, this status is by no means intending to insult Brady or the Patriot's organization in team. It is solely for conversational and educational purposes only.

Over the past fifteen playoff games, the Patriot's record is 8 wins and 7 losses. Tom Brady's stats: 363-583 (62.3 percent completion percentage), 3,998 passing yards, 31 touchdowns, 19 interceptions.

Twelve of those fifteen games were fought in Gillette Stadium. These games were fought over the course of seven post-seasons, four of which the Patriots were either the number one or two seed and heavily favored over their opponents.

Consider the 8-7 record as lasting essentially the duration of a season (15 games versus 16). With that, we can compare Brady's "playoff season" performance to his regular season performance. Brady's regular season interception average is ten per season. That figure (19) almost doubles during his "playoff season".

So all of these stats raise questions. What is the cause of Brady's diminishing playoff performances? How good is he really?

My conclusion: A combination of early playoff success and a good career win percentage during the regular season has created high expectations for Tom Brady and his team. The kind of expectations that can weigh on a man's shoulders. So to put it simply, Brady has not lived up to his expectations over the past fifteen playoff appearances. The question is, were the expectations placed on him too high? Surely, if he is the GOAT, then no expectations are too great. But alas, Tom Brady is not the goat.

I can certainly see Joe throwing at least 4 TD's and no INT in the Superbowl. I can't wait to see him finally get what he deserves, the respect of being an Elite QB in the NFL. We have always known he is elite, but now so does everyone else!! So proud of our Ravens!!!

Torrey, don't listen to those who can't find anything good to say because they are miserable in life , but they don't have any choice but to watch you

fusuymada, on 23 January 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

" Your wrong, Steve Young was 9-0 in 1994 which also surpasses Flacco (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth).

No he's not wrong. The article says AT LEAST 8, which means 8 or more. 9 is at least 8..."

Yes it is wrong. It's not wrong in the AT LEAST 8 part of it, but in the first paragraph it says Flacco TRAILS ONLY MONTANA... IF Young had 9 TDs with 0 INTs then Flacco trails Steve Young as well - not just Montana. I dont know if that stat is correct, but assuming it is then it was incorrect. Flacco trails more than just Montana

@ZuluRaven....Not all NE fans are heartless, just the few, which I'm sure most teams have. After this story came out, NFL website was bombarded with NE fans apologizing and trying to correct this terrible thing against Torrey. Most football fans, no matter what team they root for, know Torrey is an exceptional person and player.

Someone build a time machine and take us to Feb. 3, 2013 already! I'm tired of waiting.

Or, someone in the future reading this, use your time machine to take us there!

So happy for all the Ravens and all the Ravens fans we have been knocking on the Super bowl door the last few years only to come up short but NOT THIS YEAR IT'S OURS. GO RAVENS!!!

I agree with Hensley, we match up better against the 49ers. We are used to playing teams like that. It would have been interesting if the Seahawks were in the Championship game against then, they split the regular season.

Atlanta put up big first halfs against Atlanta and San Fransico. They are a dangerous team, the only draw back for us not playing them is we could have really put the Flacco vs. Ryan debate to rest once and for all!

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1358960266' post='1327506']
we could have really put the Flacco vs. Ryan debate to rest once and for all!
[/quote] I think that debate has been put to rest. ;)

Usually west coast teams come out sluggish with the long travel we should b able to get an early jump scoring on them and once we get the lead its over our d is not gonna fold like the falcons we get punched in the mouth we responds we will b victourious were on a higher level than the 49ers right now were on top of our game on both sides of the ball

Does anyone know if the Pats have a forum page like the Ravens do? I would love to blast the class of Pats fans after this one:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129704/article/torrey-smith-pats-fans-taunted-me-over-dead-brother

[quote name='ravenmaniac4life' timestamp='1358962399' post='1327555']
Where's Sarah?? I'd always go to the "LFW" posts first to see what interesting little tidbits she had to add. Anybody know??
[/quote]

On maternity leave.

flacco getting a $100 million would hurt this team from resigning key younger players and free agents. love flacco but i hope he keeps the future of the team remaining competitive in mind.