Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] 10 Super Bowl Storylines

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 whobilly

whobilly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Counting down the day, hours, and minutes. Looking into making the trip, but OUCH$$$$!
It mabe a karma thing anyway at this point. Same chair, same clothes, same food and drink for the Broncos and Pats.

#42 Show Time

Show Time

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Yes SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Pistal passers are not the wave of the future. Cunningham, Mcnair, even Vick were all pistal passers when they came into the league. Once Defences start to catch up with them and start knocking the crap out of them they star to learn to stay in the pocket ( if they want to have a long career ).

#44 leshumility

leshumility

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

The pistol passer is different than the running/passing West Coast QB. It's even different than the option QB...that's why the current DC's are having to develop new techniques against them. I'm hoping the film from the Redskin game will allow us to develop a new method of defending this new system. Somebody is going to create a D to stop it...I hope it's us by The SB.

#45 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Biggest stoy line....

is the RAVENS beat ELI-LUCK-PEYTON-BRADY and KAPERNICK over the last 6 games of the season~!

#46 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Pistal passers are not the wave of the future. Cunningham, Mcnair, even Vick were all pistal passers when they came into the league. Once Defences start to catch up with them and start knocking the crap out of them they star to learn to stay in the pocket ( if they want to have a long career ).

Unfortunately Kaepernick has not learned that yet, which makes him dangerous. However I just keep thinking about that hit by Haloti on RGIII and know that on any given Sunday, a guy like Kaepernick may have to learn what RGIII learned the hard way. It just could be in Super Bowl 47. Jim Harbaugh may want to have Alex Smith practice a bit with the starters next week.

#47 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

The Joe Flacco show starring the Baltimore Ravens special guess star Ray LEWIS and Ray Rice. producer Jim Caldwell director John Harbaugh tonight epicsole, How to beat a 49er.

#48 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

The overlooked storyline!

11. Ed Reed returning to his hometown for the biggest game of his career in less than a year after the death of his brother!

A Raven victory may well be the platform he uses to announce HIS retirement!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 23 January 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#49 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Joe Flacco is "The Last Man Standing"! Retired all those gunslinger's and just has one more shootout remaining! I feel Joe Flacco is the lebron james of football! AFC Championship three times in his five year career and he is just getting warmed up, now that he has a coordinator that will put that arm to good use! Repeat and possible three peat can be done!

#50 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Kaepernick hasn't been hit yet, and if we contain him, then he will get hit. I'm sure he will see what Benard Pollard did to Steven Ridley, and I know Pollard will be looking to do the same to him. He also better stay away from Ray. I know our D will be hitting like mack trucks come Feb 3. This is gonna be a heck of a game, i just hope we make the most of the opportunity. This is a rare occassion. I'm really excited to see what we can do, and i think we should cut Flacco lose again, let him go get the rings for us.

#51 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I look for a new nfl rule that outlaws hits on passers who run down the field. There have been enough of this type changes in recent years to protect players. It'll probably be called the RGIII rule. Teams/owners spend a lot of $$ on their passers and don't want to see those 'investments' compromised. I'm not sure how they will work it out but I look for some new rule to protect these type qbs. I don't like it but I think it will be done.

#52 mrs.raven

mrs.raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I am really looking forward to this superbowl matchup. It is going to be an amazing game, and so much fun to watch! Go Ravens!!!!!

#53 dapooz

dapooz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Glad to see the Ravens have but but recovered from most of the major injuries that have plagued them all season. Also none of the team will be listed as OTC for the game. OTC? oh yeah....On the couch (OTC) like Manning/Luck/Brady!!!

#54 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

This Pistol Passer is just a new name the media has givin it. It is not something new that defences have learn to defend. It is just hard to defend when you have a young QB the can run. Offences will run these option plays. If your secondary is doing a great job you got to watch for these young guys to take off. You line up in a pass formation and let the young guy run. This is not new. Watch over the next couple of years you will see these younger guys start to learn to stay in the pocket, if they have knees left. Look at Cam, He's already starting to learn. Rg3 will start to learn too, they just gave it a fancy new name.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.
Profanity

#55 Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

ESPN brought up some other storylines as well here:

http://espn.go.com/v...id=espn:8863899

#56 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

As for Kaepernick... Let's hope he'll turn out to be like RGIII - we contained his O pretty good, beat them 28:20 - too bad Cousins came...

bio

#57 leshumility

leshumility

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

The pistol is different in that the QB is back 4 yards not 7 and the back is 3 yards behind him. The decisions are quicker on the QB and yet he can still see the D formation as if her were in the shotgun.

#58 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

11. The Ravens fans goes crazy as we will this game easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users