Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMH_in_WA

Torrey and N.E. fans again?

37 posts in this topic

So, once again there are New England fans using the death of his brother to taunt Torrey after they lost? These people make it so easy to just despise that team and everything surrounding it. I don't like the Steelers or their fans ... but it's out of respect for the rivalry and a mutual love of football. Patriots .... I have no words to properly say it. I just can't stand that franchise.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129704/article/patriots-fans-taunted-torrey-smith-over-dead-brother"]http://www.nfl.com/n...er-dead-brother[/url]

-D

That's....sickening. It's one thing to joke about a player's personal actions/decision (I.E Roethlisberger,Vick) but to talk about someone who died? Come on man.

That's disgusting. Losers. This and the stupid Ray Lewis billboard they put up makes me even happier you guys beat them.

karma is indeed a female dog and its coming. words can't even express how ugly and ignorant this is.

I know its been said, but the Patriots are indeed the most arrogant and classless organization. Just wait until Brady retires, and suddenly Pats fans find themelves having losing seasons, and wondering what happened.

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1358897316' post='1326539']
I know its been said, but the Patriots are indeed the most arrogant and classless organization. Just wait until Brady retires, and suddenly Pats fans find themelves having losing seasons, and wondering what happened.
[/quote]
Bandwagoners will leave

Main reason why I hate the PAts - terrible fans. And why I have a soft spot for teams like the Pack, Vikes, and Seahawks - Great fans for the most part.

Respectful and humble.

The same fan who made fun of Torrey's brother, also wished cancer on Bernard Pollard. Its sickening, and how anyone could do anything like that blows my mind. It's just football.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1358897936' post='1326569']
The same fan who made fun of Torrey's brother, also wished cancer on Bernard Pollard. Its sickening, and how anyone could do anything like that blows my mind. It's just football.
[/quote]Was that Katie Moody again???

Cannot stand that entire area of fans. That whole NE area seams to have this whole elitist non blue collar mentality that just turns me off. I have far more respect for Steelers fans than I ever will for NE fans.....End rant

Not surprised for the classless NE fans to fart after they got butt whooped, face-smacked, kicked in the face, and stomped by us in the AFC championship.....

They can go kiss Torrey's feet....but opps Torrey too fast for it.......

Oddly enough steeler fans are happy we are in the superbowl . usually they are the worse

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1358898203' post='1326582']
Was that Katie Moody again???
[/quote]

Nah, there was another kid who made fun of Torrey's brother. He had tweeted to Pollard first about getting cancer. -_-

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1358898777' post='1326609']
Oddly enough steeler fans are happy we are in the superbowl . usually they are the worse
[/quote]

Lol that's only because they don't want the 49ers to be tied with them in SB rings. Some would rather their bitter rivals win another, than the 49ers to be tied with them.

[quote name='rlh445' timestamp='1358898232' post='1326583']
Hey, is KatieBrady involved again? :lol:

Edit: haha martian, jinx!
[/quote]

She did actually say the Ravens are "dirty players" though. Because supposedly we had so many personal foul calls. The only few i remember are the Ray Lewis hit (questionable), Pollard hit (another questionable), and the Ellerbe one, where he like hit the guy in the face, which was just stupid on his part.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1358898931' post='1326619']
Lol that's only because they don't want the 49ers to be tied with them in SB rings. Some would rather their bitter rivals win another, than the 49ers to be tied with them.
[/quote]

It's kind of funny reading the division in the opinions of their fanbase. Those who can't stand the idea of the 49'ers getting #6 so they want the Ravens to win. And those who don't care about keeping their record if the Ravens have to win to allow it. Ahhhh Steelers fans. :)

[quote name='Pats' timestamp='1358899022' post='1326622']
that's nice lump us all in one group of fans even though its just a select few that are saying crap
[/quote]No - I disagree. time and time again I see this amongst Pats fans who are either just "normal" people on Twitter, comments pages, forums, you name it; this is systematic.

Heck even the "celebrity" type of Pats fans (sports analysts, comedians, actors etc) are like this - albeit a tiny bit toned down; only because the nature of their profile.

Suffice to say; [b]arrogance[/b], [b]entitletment[/b] and sadly, [b]bigotry [/b]and [b]ignorance [/b]are as well. Surprising coming from which is apparently the nation's smartest sports area (according to an ESPN mag cover years ago...).

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1358898777' post='1326609']
[/quote]They want us to keep San Francisco from becoming tied with them for Super Bowl wins.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1358899444' post='1326633']
They want us to keep San Francisco from becoming tied with them for Super Bowl wins.
[/quote]
Only reason why some out here are cheering for us

[quote name='Pats' timestamp='1358899022' post='1326622']
that's nice lump us all in one group of fans even though its just a select few that are saying crap
[/quote]In all honesty most of these are knee jerk reactions as I'm sure whoever said what they said to Torrey was feeling. AS much as we all hate to generalize and yes I am guilty of this. This is something that Ive noticed and dealt with in regard to the NE area fanbase(not just football, definitely not just football) for years, and it sure as hell ain't just a select few; then again neither is it the entire fan base.

I will agree a lot of boston fans can't take a loss well but in my opinion that's what also makes it more funny to see how stupid some of them get. If there's one fanbase I hate its the pittsburgh fan base

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1358899423' post='1326632']
No - I disagree. time and time again I see this amongst Pats fans who are either just "normal" people on Twitter, comments pages, forums, you name it; this is systematic.

Heck even the "celebrity" type of Pats fans (sports analysts, comedians, actors etc) are like this - albeit a tiny bit toned down; only because the nature of their profile.

Suffice to say; [b]arrogance[/b], [b]entitletment[/b] and sadly, [b]bigotry [/b]and [b]ignorance [/b]are as well. Surprising coming from which is apparently the nation's smartest sports area [b](according to an ESPN mag cover years ago...).[/b]
[/quote]

Wonder where they're headquartered and who they cater to?

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1358898931' post='1326619']
[/quote]i didn't know this and now it makes sense ,,

Hey guys. I'm a Patriots fan and I registered just to post this. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the entire NE fanbase. I promise, we're not all like that. It's classless and terrible to taunt someone about something so serious.

Congratulations on kicking our [butts] by the way. The better team won.