Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chsbasebalplayer

Titus Young

41 posts in this topic

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358916295' post='1327156']
that move he pulled against UVA was ridiculous.
[/quote]
He just stopped. Like, he was running full speed, was no longer moving. And then moved full speed the other way.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358916678' post='1327160']

He just stopped. Like, he was running full speed, was no longer moving. And then moved full speed the other way.
[/quote]when I first saw it I was kind of laughing like "did he really just do that". I mean he stopped then turns around and runs around their entire defense.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358917269' post='1327163']
when I first saw it I was kind of laughing like "did he really just do that". I mean he stopped then turns around and runs around their entire defense.
[/quote]
Making it look like they got old man hips.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358915223' post='1327144']
To think I wanted him more than Torrey Smith in the draft.
[/quote]

You weren't alone in that

Im surprised no one has brought up the time he cheap shotted a team mate in the face because things got heated up in practice.We dont need him.the only part of the offense that needs help this offense is the o-line.Smith.Boldin,Jones,Dickson(hell get tendered) and Pitta(gonna get the highest tender) will all be back next year.Plus we have guys like Tommy Streeter and Deonte Thompson who deserve to be given a chance and are way hungrier and cheaper.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358915223' post='1327144']
To think I wanted him more than Torrey Smith in the draft.
[/quote]

This is why we usually draft high character players.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1358945004' post='1327302']
This is why we usually draft high character players.
[/quote]

Thank you, and I thought I was the only one that noticed the trend!

The draft is an interesting beast because the combine tests for a lot of things that aren't necessarily football skills. Its more like an olympic event than playing 60 minutes of football in cohesion with a team. It's really misleading to see all these "measureables" and the one thing they can't measure is heart, passion, desire, etc. Look at Ray Lewis, he was the 5th linebacker taken in the draft and Tom Brady went in the 6th round. Simply unbelieveable when you look at all they have accomplished with their teams.

So to stay on topic, no Titus Young, or any other player that is a complete diva.

Titus young definately has talent and he's 23 years old but he's overall a very talented guy thats still immature (can be understandable since he so young). I think the ravens should have interest in him at a certain extent and its very possible that he's immaturity could change for the better since the ravens probably have a more mature locker room than the lions.

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1358952649' post='1327377']
Thank you, and I thought I was the only one that noticed the trend!

The draft is an interesting beast because the combine tests for a lot of things that aren't necessarily football skills. Its more like an olympic event than playing 60 minutes of football in cohesion with a team. It's really misleading to see all these "measureables" and the one thing they can't measure is heart, passion, desire, etc. Look at Ray Lewis, he was the 5th linebacker taken in the draft and Tom Brady went in the 6th round. Simply unbelieveable when you look at all they have accomplished with their teams.

So to stay on topic, no Titus Young, or any other player that is a complete diva.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's the intangibles and mental toughness that gets us back here year after year despite being an "old team" with a perceived lack of talent.

I didn't read the article but I'm sure it's about how Young purposely sabotage a couple of games by lining up in the wrong spot doing wrong routes etc. I couldn't believe that when I first heard it before the thanksgiving game. I mean this is his job not many people are blessed to play a professional sport.

As for if there's any interest of him being here. For me the answer is no because we have special teamer already in J.Jones there's also D.Thompson whom I'm interested in seeing how he progresses.

If he's released I could see him going to the Patriots being worked in there screen game.