Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chsbasebalplayer

Titus Young

41 posts in this topic

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/titus-young-threatens-to-quit-football-if-he-doesnt-get-the-football/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/titus-young-threatens-to-quit-football-if-he-doesnt-get-the-football/[/url]

After reading this, it seems like there is a chance that the Lions may cut their ties. I am not saying that I am interested. But I'm just wondering if any of you would be. I doubt it would cost much and he has a lot of upside. Im just wondering if the headache is worth the risk.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358887566' post='1326247']
just to brace everyone:

He ends up on the pats.
[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised. One of the complaints of a lot of media/pats fans is that they are missing that outside speed guy. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a ploy for Mike Wallace.

No way. Especially with Ray and maybe Ed retiring/leaving. We don't have that guy yet. Ray Rice/Flacco and maybe Sizzle and Haloti are the closest.

But don't command the same effect that Ray and Ed do, in the locker room.

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1358888696' post='1326294']
No way. Especially with Ray and maybe Ed retiring/leaving. We don't have that guy yet. Ray Rice/Flacco and maybe Sizzle and Haloti are the closest.

But don't command the same effect that Ray and Ed do, in the locker room.
[/quote]
That was exactly what I was thinking. Because you always here "Dont worry Ray will straighten them out". Kind of a scary thought to no longer be able to say that

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358890438' post='1326348']
I'd bring Titus Young here. At least kick the tires on him.
[/quote]

If you mean actually kick him, I'd be all for that.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358890685' post='1326356']

If you mean actually kick him, I'd be all for that.
[/quote]
Lol, well, let's be fair to him: the locker room in Detroit isn't exactly the most respectable. That starts with the head coach down. I think Harbaugh would clean him up or simply not bring him here.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358890877' post='1326358']
Lol, well, let's be fair to him: the locker room in Detroit isn't exactly the most respectable. That starts with the head coach down. I think Harbaugh would clean him up or simply not bring him here.
[/quote]

I can agree with that. Schwartz isn't the ideal leader for young hot heads.

I dont see it being worth it. His problem is selfish and not attributable to the locker room in detroit. This kind of thing reminds me a lot of Terrel Owens in terms of personality.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358891069' post='1326362']

I can agree with that. Schwartz isn't the ideal leader for young hot heads.
[/quote]
Cough cough. Suh

Even TO wouldn't intentionally line up wrong on the field. He was the definition of a cancer, but he always took it serious out on the field. It's hard to ACTUALLY imagine someone doing that--Randy Moss was the only other player I can really think of to ever do anything like that. Titus is no TO or Randy Moss, either. He's a small, speed guy; a Jacoby Jones without the upside. If we were talking about a huge, true #1 guy we could give a second chance to on the cheap, maybe. Young just doesn't fill any need we have and the downside is massive. No point to it.

I was interested in him coming out of college. He's got great hands. But after seeing how he's conducted himself recently... No thanks. He complains about not getting the ball. It's not like he would come here and catch 100 balls or anything. NO THANKS!!!!!

I remember when I wanted this guy over Torrey. Thank God we went the opposite way. Thought that was my first ever year trying to analyze a draft and make picks. I learned a lot from that year.

They benched him because he tried to sabotage the offense by running wrong routes and purposely getting flags. That type of mentality is a screaming red flag that this guy doesn't even give a concern about the team. Stay away and let some other team try to kick the tire on this guy. I feel that whatever we give is a waste of money. We need to save cash to sign our free agents.

No Way, he would not fit in here, we are not that type of team. If we are looking at bringing in a WR there are better options. Now I would be interested in bringing in Cliff Avril and kicking his tires.

Whining is one thing. If he was just a whiner, I'd say bring him in and give him a shot. There is NO place on the Ravens for a guy who tries to sabotage the team when he doesn't get his way.

Titus Young is one of the biggest tools in the NFL. I can't believe the Lions haven't released him yet. He has talent, but the guy has an awful attitude. Last year he purposely ran wrong routes to screw up the Lions offense.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358915223' post='1327144']
To think I wanted him more than Torrey Smith in the draft.
[/quote]
As soon as I saw this topic I was about to post this same thing. Torrey may be my favorite pick since Ngata.
(Note: Am a terp).

My bad. I wasn't aware that Titus Young is this terrible human being. I heard about him having issues with the Detroit Lions' coaching staff but I wasn't aware of the penalties, purposefully-wrong routes ran, and the myriad of other issues with him. That certainly goes deeper than coaching.

I don't want him here, either. Let him go to the Bengals.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358915506' post='1327146']

As soon as I saw this topic I was about to post this same thing. Torrey may be my favorite pick since Ngata.
(Note: Am a terp).
[/quote]have to agree with that, my favorite future draft pick would be Stefon Diggs in an alternate universe.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358915729' post='1327149']
have to agree with that, my favorite future draft pick would be Stefon Diggs in an alternate universe.
[/quote]
I love Diggs. He might make himself a top-10 pick when he declares. He's really talented.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358915871' post='1327150']
I love Diggs. He might make himself a top-10 pick when he declares. He's really talented.
[/quote]
Future Star

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1358915729' post='1327149']
have to agree with that, my favorite future draft pick would be Stefon Diggs in an alternate universe.
[/quote]
making 5 people miss in the open field and stuff.

Ain't no thang.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358916128' post='1327153']

making 5 people miss in the open field and stuff.

Ain't no thang.
[/quote]that move he pulled against UVA was ridiculous.