54 replies to this topic

#41 mrs.raven

mrs.raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think it is great that the NFL is reviewing this obviously purposeful kick. Regardless of Brady back-peddling and calling Reed to apologize. It never should have happened in the first place!!

My other thought on this is about the refs. There was a ref RIGHT THERE when it happened, and even Harbaugh was hollering "where is the flag on that kick?!". Still no flag (shocker!). Yet we were getting flags thrown on us left and right for dumb and questionable calls at best. How many yards did we lose to "personal fouls"? Ugh!! :229031_rant:

So, I think in addition to the possible fine that Brady faces, the ref(s) that ignored the event and did not throw the flag should also be subject to a fine if the NFL has to step in and review calls after the last whistle of the game has been blown!

Bet that would make them get real honest, real fast!

Just my 2 cents. Either way, WE ARE GOING TO NAWLINS BABY!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! :242736:

~mrs.raven~
:18_1_328:
~mrs.raven~

#42 Fikenhild

Fikenhild

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Here's a related question I have about Brady. In the second half, Brady was moving around and pretending to be calling an audible when the center snapped the ball to the running back beside him in a surprise move. Why didn't the referees call illegal motion on Brady? Only the person receiving the snap is supposed to be able to move, and Brady didn't receive the snap. Is this home town officiating or am I missing something about the rules?

#43 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Here's a related question I have about Brady. In the second half, Brady was moving around and pretending to be calling an audible when the center snapped the ball to the running back beside him in a surprise move. Why didn't the referees call illegal motion on Brady? Only the person receiving the snap is supposed to be able to move, and Brady didn't receive the snap. Is this home town officiating or am I missing something about the rules?

Didn't you know the rule of "Thou shall never throw a flag on Brady"?
10wmids.jpg

#44 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

@Fikenhild no its hometown officiating. that is a fact that it should have been a false start, maybe illegal motion, one of them. but yeah the refs had their noses buried in robert krafts arsehole on sunday. hit to the helmet AFTER A FAIR CATCH, hit to the helmet on pitta, brady kicking reed and clearly using that to try to run the hurry up while ed was hobbled..

#45 fedbam

fedbam

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Pats did get away with a couple penalties but I have to admit, I kind of like Brady after this game. The fact that he called Reed and apologized for what he did was a sign of respect that made me rethink what kind of person he really is. Whether or not he called him out of fear of a fine (and quite possibly his well-being) will never be known, but as of now, Brady's cool in my book.

I might add this is also due in part to the pure satisfaction I took in watching his face fade to the degree of disappointment that I saw in every Raven during that game a year ago.

Revenge is sweet...GO RAVENS!!!

#46 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

@Quiet Man OH MY GOD i was thinking the same thing about the ref bump. how in gods name did he not see the ref and slide, he actually seemed to look at the tackler, look at the ref, sidestep directly behind him, but the ref was running the same direction so brady ended up running into him. i thought i was crazy but apparently im not the only one lol

#47 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

To Moderator3: Brady was like a tight end or running back in motion. There can be one man in motion and it doesnt have to be the guy that gets the snap.
Actually I thought it was a pretty clever play.

#48 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

The helmet to helmet on Pitta, the kick at Ed as well as the late hit on him during a punt return. Its the NFL of course the refs are on the Patriots side. That's the best part. The Patriots had so much help from the refs and STILL couldn't stop us

#49 Ravens4Liife

Ravens4Liife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

People really negged me for my comment about the hit on pitta?! lol go look at the video. No part of his head was hit except the bottom of his facemask. C'mon people lol

#50 Ravens4Liife

Ravens4Liife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/9xWO65Sq-XU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the video. Around 14 seconds is the clearest view. I know you guys don't want to admit it was a clean hit, but in all actuality, it was. Reed or Pollard would have been flagged, but the hit was clean and textbook football. Shoulder hits under the helmet, helmet lands on his shoulder. It is NOT helmet to helmet.

#51 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

To Moderator3: Brady was like a tight end or running back in motion. There can be one man in motion and it doesnt have to be the guy that gets the snap.
Actually I thought it was a pretty clever play.

Legal or not, it doesn't change the rule of "Thou shall never throw a flag on Brady". :-)
10wmids.jpg

#52 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think you are right, Moderator 3. Actually it seems like no flags for the entire team. That hit on Pitta was helmet to helmet and no flag. the hit Pollard laid on someone that was flagged looked pretty good to me. They should have flagged the offensive player....hes the one that led with his helmet.

#53 iamDLEErious

iamDLEErious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Tom could've really hurt himself. That would've been soooo unfortunate.... (rolling eyes)

#54 towens2921

towens2921

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

When Brady hiked his leg up like that you could almost see up his skirt.....

#55 splashjam

splashjam

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Ed Reed is a class act and it was cool of Brady to apologize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users