54 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

The Patriots quarterback kicked Ravens safety Ed Reed as he slid to the turf.

View the full article

#2 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

interesting, we'll see how it looks to the league officials, i understand both sides ..even Reed played it down and Brady apologized BUT player safety is the number one thing here.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#3 Ravens4Liife

Ravens4Liife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

People are trying to defend Brady, saying it wasn't intended. If you watch, you can see him extend his leg after raising it. People are also saying he's not accustomed to sliding, so it could have been a mistake. No! Doing something that isn't a natural movement isn't a mistake. You have to make the effort to raise your leg when you slide. SMH

#4 BEACHBOY

BEACHBOY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

The hit on Pitta should get reviewed. Hard to believe we were hit with 3 personal fouls and yet that one didn't get flagged. DP got his revenge on the very next play though and that's what really counts.

#5 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

about time they need to fine him that wasn't an accident.

#6 Ravens4Liife

Ravens4Liife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

The hit on pitta was legal. would it have been flagged on Reed, Pollard or Lewis? Yeah. But it was clean. at most the bottom of Pittas mask got hit by the shoulder. It was a textbook form tackle, with quite a bit of a pop behind it.

#7 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

They should make him play in the Pro Bowl as his punishment.

#8 faithfulravenfan#1

faithfulravenfan#1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

A fine and sitting home watching the super bowl from his sofa is great punishment.......ravens living rent free in that Brady mind he is not going to the pro bowl ............don't you know its beneath him ......what would he say to regular real football players?

#9 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I wonder how Pollard would have reacted to that??

#10 RailBird

RailBird

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think Brady knew exactly what he was doing because I've never seen a QB make such a slide.
And from what I've seen I think he's lucky that Reed didn't land on his throwing arm when he lost his balance. It's kinda hard to tell from the angle they showed during the game, but it looks like Reed barely misses Brady's arm.

#11 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah that's bull he did it on purpose but I guarantee the league won't fine this prissy little brat he'll cry to much

#12 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

The league better be careful here. Once they make or dont make a statement it is precedent from that point on. If nothing happens you can be sure to see other QB's doing the same thing in the future.
Goodell is a joke. Counting the days til he is gone.

#13 Yinzer Guy

Yinzer Guy

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Brady has been doing this for years, and this is the first I've heard of anybody even questioning the propriety of the practice. If he were a baseball player, a slide like that would earn him a fastball aimed at his armpit during his next at bat.

Brady has taken on the personality of his coach, arrogant, classless, possessing a sense of entitlement the size of Boston Harbor, and totally unable to be gracious in defeat.

Btw, as a lifelong Steelers fan, I despise the Ravens for two weeks every season (best case scenario, one more time in the playoffs), but Terrell Suggs has been one of my favorite players since he's been in the league. He's only enhanced that standing with his post-game remarks from Sunday....it's nice to see someone with the cajones to actually say what a lot of us have been thinking for years.

Good luck in the Super Bowl, guys. Custom prohibits me from waving my Terrible Towel in your behalf, but I'll be rooting for yinz.

#14 Dewy101

Dewy101

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

That hit on Pitta was good. The refs were calling the game to favor the pats though. Reed was hit after calling a fair catch and no flag was thrown. The hit by Pollard on Ridley was good it took the refs forever to review the play and the int by Ellerbe. Yea you can say the refs were favoring the pats

#15 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

if you do not fine brady than give suh from the lions a full refund on his cheap hits.

#16 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have no respect for Brady as a man, football player, or even as the scum of my shoe, and this incident just amplified it even more.

#17 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just look at the above picture and
you will see that Brady is looking directly at
where his cleat will land!!!

He's not looking into Ed Reed's eyes or to Pollard
or any other player. Brady was looking for a 'direct hit'.

In my honest opinion, that was blatant disregard for safety.
It was a premeditated, willful, & intentional act!!!! Period!

Strongy fine his candy [profanity deleted]!!!

#18 Quiet Man

Quiet Man

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

In a situation like this where it is clear that he is trying to injure another player a fine is not sufficient. He should be suspended for a few games next year. Look at what they did to the Saints . . . He also endangered the ref a few plays earlier by trying to use him as a shield against one of our defensive players and he should be reprimanded for that as well. The NFL has done a lot protect the QB's and issuing a lengthy suspension against this guy is a good chance for them to show that the QB's are not being unfairly favored by the league.

#19 Bill Mueller

Bill Mueller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Between the cheap shot on Reed by Brady and the incredible helmet to helmet hit Jerod Mayo laid on a defenseless Dennis Pita, it looked to me like the Patriots had decided to win at any cost, taking whatever cheap shot was necessary to slow down the Ravens. It would not surprise me if Bill Belichick had issued a bounty on Ravens players. I think the team should be investigated, not just Brady.

#20 JamesRaven

JamesRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wasn't just Brady, their whole team was dirty! Except they never got flagged when we got flagged for lesser offenses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users