46 replies to this topic

#41 BecksterH

BecksterH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I lost my father to ALS, and you can't truly understand how horrific this disease is until you see it first hand. The energy it takes an ALS patient just to do the most basic things in life seem insurmountable. OJ was on the field for the coin toss on Sunday, and the energy it took to get him there is more energy that the average person expends in a month. This team sees this day in a day out. The COURAGE and FAITH that OJ embodies EVERY SINGLE DAY is nothing short of inspirational. I know that OJ and Steve Gleason will take this opportunity - the Ravens playing in the Super Bowl in New Orleans - to raise awareness of this cruel disease. May God bless them both. NO WHITE FLAGS!!!!

#42 2triplezero

2triplezero

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I remember O.J. Brigance from his linebacker days with the CFL BALTIMORE STALLIONS.....Our team was the first American CFL TEAM to win the Grey Cup.......O.J. was a key player in that endeavor.

One day at a Baltimore Ravens' training camp I spotted him (still playing linebacker) running off of the practice field and toward the locker room......I shouted to him, "Hey, O.J., help us to win the Super Bowl just like you did when we won the Grey Cup!!!!" He looked back and smiled. That year the Ravens won their first SuperBowl!!!!

Today, he is still in it to win it and helping to bolster the moral of his team mates. He may not be able to dress and take the field but his presence apparently speaks volumns.

As Art Modell looks over his Baltimore Ravens Football Organization from above...I can hear his immortal words, "You've done me proud!"

GO-O-O-O-O-O RAVENS!!!

#43 Pipstrader

Pipstrader

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

As Ravens fans we have watched this year's team pull together on so many occasions as they've fought through adversity and the naysayers. There were many occasions when they could have given up, but they didn't. I am reminded of the line from Shakespeare's Henry V: "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother . . ."

#44 takersplace

takersplace

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Great article sir. GO RAVENS (enough said)

#45 catgirl54

catgirl54

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I get your point about Evans and Cundiff but I don't think they deserve thank-you notes. We would have made it to the Super Bowl last year and most of our defensive veterans were playing at a higher level then. We probably could have beaten the Giants (although they had that same mojo going then that we have now).

O.J. Brigance is truly an inspiration and an example of how much you have to give even when going through every day has to be such a challenge.

#46 Ken Harris

Ken Harris

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I do believe all mentioned deserve credit, BUT.....What about us fans?

#47 amberbrice82

amberbrice82

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would say thanks to the whole team. They worked together even with the injurys they pulled us(RAVENS) to the top. RAVENS NATION.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users