Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Players Give Credit To John Harbaugh

82 posts in this topic

The Ravens players gave credit to their head coach for the run to the Super Bowl.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Players-Give-Credit-To-John-Harbaugh/0b631219-3229-4cec-abff-fb909280f2db]View the full article[/url]

Its our time and that shows football is more than just football its a family sport and it shows by this team they love each other and don't want to let everyone down and when we are down we pick back up as a team! Love them Ravens!

I think John Harbaugh is a fine coach. My one knock on him was his loyalty to Cam to a serious detriment to this team. Now that that is out of the way, I have no doubt John can lead this team to a win in Super Bowl 47.

I give credit to coach Caldwell too. McKinnie shoulda been LT All season. Also we finally threw over the middle in New England! The fans have been screaming for this all year. Kudos Jim Caldwell.

Great article, but 1 typo:

"But the Ravens bucked the trend in the NFL by hiring Harbaugh, who is now has led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl, and undoubtedly earned the respect of his players."

This isn't the Ravens first Super Bowl.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 22, 2013 - Inappropriate language · Report post

Harbs is the man, the Ravens organization is awesome from top down! We're on the brink of a Superbowl victory, I can feel it deep down in my plums! If you don't know what I'm talking about do yourself a favor & watch ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcniAcWg0Q

This is the first time I have been on since beating Lady Brady. I would like to congradulate the entire organization for making the Super Bowl. From the top down it took everyone to make this happen. I can not tell you how great it feels to get to the Super Bowl. Beating Brady and the Patriots was even better then the game before against Denver. Not taking anything away from the 2000 Ravens but they were still a new team for me and I was not yet a die hard fan as they were still new to the city. I remeber and enjoyed that Super Bowl Champuonship but I did not live and die with the Ravens like I do today. This means so much to the fans and city. I can't wait to get sice of hearing hearing about the Ravens for the next 2 weeks. It is hard to imagine that a rookie QB only starting 9 games will take down Ray Lewis and destiny. I know he will be tough to cover and the 49ers have a great D but it just feels like this is destiny. A story book ending to Ray's legacy. You could not make this story up. I just hope they finish it off. If they do we will NEVER witness a season like this ever again. This Championship would satisfy and live with all of us forever. Go Ravens!

did any notice when harbaugh was being interview he still call Billick (COACH)...notice the class and mutual respect, the sportsmanship...humility.

Two things I keep hearing everyone talking about that I would like to comment on,
1. Ravens get little respect, You earn respect and we've done that, they have no choice in the media but to report on two fantastic wins, But the Ravens will always be black sheep in this league. They made it very clear in 1993 that they did not want a franchise back in Baltimore and the market was to be divided between Pilly and Washington. So, no matter what we do we will never get the kind of recognition that I hear so many speak of, get used to it.
2. The Referries in this game were appauling, (refer back to #1). But it was the NO Flags that bothered me the most. Obvious holding, Pass interference, Helmet to face on Pitta, Tripping. None of it flagged. My daughter said during the game we should protest the league, My brother responded:
The best way for us to protest, is to Win the Game dispite the Refferies.
Good call Bro. Now let's go get them rings, Underdogs rule. GO RAVENS>

This is what the coaches and the player's have been building for the last 5 yrs. A "Superbowl" team. Lot's of bump's, bruise's ,we lost some good player's and also gained some great player's. Coaches too. But...... it has all come together, here right NOW!!! This is our year!!! The year for the Ravens and the fans of Baltimore!!!!! I am just so proud of our Ravens team right now!!!! Loving every minute of it!!!!!

I haven't been this happy since I was rockin a Happy Festivus t-shirt 12 years ago. Go Ravens! Great job Coach Harbaugh! Keep it up!

There's 3 things Harbaugh did that Brian Billick could not do as head coach: 1. Get his team to the playoffs in 5 consectutive years 2. Becoming AFC North champions 2 years in a row 3. Getting to the AFC Championships in 3 of his 5 years and making it to the Super Bowl.

I often chided Harbs for being a delegater who will say what's politically correct but what we see on the outside is seldom what's real on the inside! I appreciate that he's strong and secure with who he is!

It was apparent that he had a near mutiny on his hands behind Cam and little-by-little more is coming out as to how fractious things were becoming!

Hat's off to Harbs for standing strong in the face of the discontent and eventually making the right call to exorcize that "cancer" from the team's makeup!

He's as much a factor in reaching the Bro-Bowl as any player!

I've said it from the beginning, I have the utmost respect for Coach Harbaugh, as well as complete trust in him. What more can you ask for in a coach?! May you have many great years here, coach!!!

While I realize the term "true fan" hasnt been spewed lately, mainly due to the fact we're goin to the Super Bowl and everyone's content...I wonder if you guys (true fans) paid attention to this article. That mid-season meeting they had, do you think it was all hugs and kisses, pats on the back? Then you didnt pay attention. It was a chance for players and coaches to vent their frustrations and get a group consensus on the best way to move forward. Meaning, they weren't happy with the status quo either. However, that bein said, they never stopped believing in one another...of (that) I am guilty. While I wont apologize for my criticism of their play throughout the season, I am sorry I gave up hope on turning things around. They certainly proved me wrong and I couldnt be happier about it.

I'm not even sure what that sentence was supposed to mean. "But the Ravens bucked the trend in the NFL by hiring Harbaugh, who is now has led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl, and undoubtedly earned the respect of his players."

From where I'm sitting, Harbaugh's human intelligence is obvious. You can see it in the way our players conduct themselves, and the response when things are good or bad. I really admire our coach, and I'm proud of our team. Let's go get that ring. GO RAVENS.

[quote name='wiz0floyd' timestamp='1358874668' post='1325891']
I'm not even sure what that sentence was supposed to mean. "But the Ravens bucked the trend in the NFL by hiring Harbaugh, who is now has led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl, and undoubtedly earned the respect of his players."
[/quote]
They meant they we went against the grain so to speak. At that time Jason Garrett and other OC and DC (mike smith) were the cream of the crop people wanted so when we got Harbaugh, a special teams coach we "bucked the trend in the NFL" and now he's leading us to "their first Super Bowl" while "undobtedly [earning] the respect of his players"

I think the world of Coach {John} Harbaugh!

He's simply a 100% top-shelf first class coach ...
in the NFL's #1 classsiest organization.

Keep doing what you do, Coach!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 22, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

a 31fan, You do not need to apologize to any one. Some of the Best fans,true fans, what ever you want to call them, are the most critical. Because we care so much. Your feelings about the team mid-season was felt by many. It is the knowledgable fan who seems critical, it is the ignorant that makes comments on who is a better fan..
Beleive me, the second the ball is kicked off, The Ravens drive me to drinking! HA

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 22, 2013 - Why is this guy always so contrite to other posters? · Report post

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1358872110' post='1325822']
I think John Harbaugh is a fine coach. My one knock on him was his loyalty to Cam to a serious detriment to this team. Now that that is out of the way, I have no doubt John can lead this team to a win in Super Bowl 47.
[/quote]

Yeah, loyalty is such an awful quality for a human being to have Too bad Harbaugh isn't as quick to dismiss loyalty as fans are...

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 22, 2013 - Insulting another poster's opinion · Report post

[quote name='dwhravens' timestamp='1358872194' post='1325826']
I give credit to coach Caldwell too. McKinnie shoulda been LT All season. Also we finally threw over the middle in New England! The fans have been screaming for this all year. Kudos Jim Caldwell.
[/quote]

Let's fire Caldwell and let the fans do the play calling...

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 22, 2013 - Castigating! · Report post

[quote name='caw710' timestamp='1358873329' post='1325859']
Two things I keep hearing everyone talking about that I would like to comment on,
1. Ravens get little respect, You earn respect and we've done that, they have no choice in the media but to report on two fantastic wins, But the Ravens will always be black sheep in this league. They made it very clear in 1993 that they did not want a franchise back in Baltimore and the market was to be divided between Pilly and Washington. So, no matter what we do we will never get the kind of recognition that I hear so many speak of, get used to it.
2. The Referries in this game were appauling, (refer back to #1). But it was the NO Flags that bothered me the most. Obvious holding, Pass interference, Helmet to face on Pitta, Tripping. None of it flagged. My daughter said during the game we should protest the league, My brother responded:
The best way for us to protest, is to Win the Game dispite the Refferies.
Good call Bro. Now let's go get them rings, Underdogs rule. GO RAVENS>
[/quote]

CONSPIRACY THEORISTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!