63 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

The Ravens players gave credit to their head coach for the run to the Super Bowl.

View the full article

#2 20ravens52

20ravens52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Got major Love for Coach Harbaugh!

#3 jowend

jowend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

When I think of how close we came to getting Jason Garret, whew, what a narrow escape. We are truly blessed!!

#4 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I Love Every Level Of This Football Team!!! I feel special as a football fan to have the Baltimore Ravens representing our city!!!

#5 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Its our time and that shows football is more than just football its a family sport and it shows by this team they love each other and don't want to let everyone down and when we are down we pick back up as a team! Love them Ravens!

#6 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think John Harbaugh is a fine coach. My one knock on him was his loyalty to Cam to a serious detriment to this team. Now that that is out of the way, I have no doubt John can lead this team to a win in Super Bowl 47.

#7 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I give credit to coach Caldwell too. McKinnie shoulda been LT All season. Also we finally threw over the middle in New England! The fans have been screaming for this all year. Kudos Jim Caldwell.

#8 jessebrk84

jessebrk84

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Great article, but 1 typo:

"But the Ravens bucked the trend in the NFL by hiring Harbaugh, who is now has led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl, and undoubtedly earned the respect of his players."

This isn't the Ravens first Super Bowl.

#9 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

john harbaugh rules!!

#10 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

This is the first time I have been on since beating Lady Brady. I would like to congradulate the entire organization for making the Super Bowl. From the top down it took everyone to make this happen. I can not tell you how great it feels to get to the Super Bowl. Beating Brady and the Patriots was even better then the game before against Denver. Not taking anything away from the 2000 Ravens but they were still a new team for me and I was not yet a die hard fan as they were still new to the city. I remeber and enjoyed that Super Bowl Champuonship but I did not live and die with the Ravens like I do today. This means so much to the fans and city. I can't wait to get sice of hearing hearing about the Ravens for the next 2 weeks. It is hard to imagine that a rookie QB only starting 9 games will take down Ray Lewis and destiny. I know he will be tough to cover and the 49ers have a great D but it just feels like this is destiny. A story book ending to Ray's legacy. You could not make this story up. I just hope they finish it off. If they do we will NEVER witness a season like this ever again. This Championship would satisfy and live with all of us forever. Go Ravens!

#11 kevraves

kevraves

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

did any notice when harbaugh was being interview he still call Billick (COACH)...notice the class and mutual respect, the sportsmanship...humility.

#12 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Two things I keep hearing everyone talking about that I would like to comment on,
1. Ravens get little respect, You earn respect and we've done that, they have no choice in the media but to report on two fantastic wins, But the Ravens will always be black sheep in this league. They made it very clear in 1993 that they did not want a franchise back in Baltimore and the market was to be divided between Pilly and Washington. So, no matter what we do we will never get the kind of recognition that I hear so many speak of, get used to it.
2. The Referries in this game were appauling, (refer back to #1). But it was the NO Flags that bothered me the most. Obvious holding, Pass interference, Helmet to face on Pitta, Tripping. None of it flagged. My daughter said during the game we should protest the league, My brother responded:
The best way for us to protest, is to Win the Game dispite the Refferies.
Good call Bro. Now let's go get them rings, Underdogs rule. GO RAVENS>

#13 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

This is what the coaches and the player's have been building for the last 5 yrs. A "Superbowl" team. Lot's of bump's, bruise's ,we lost some good player's and also gained some great player's. Coaches too. But...... it has all come together, here right NOW!!! This is our year!!! The year for the Ravens and the fans of Baltimore!!!!! I am just so proud of our Ravens team right now!!!! Loving every minute of it!!!!!

#14 Saffer73

Saffer73

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I haven't been this happy since I was rockin a Happy Festivus t-shirt 12 years ago. Go Ravens! Great job Coach Harbaugh! Keep it up!

#15 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

There's 3 things Harbaugh did that Brian Billick could not do as head coach: 1. Get his team to the playoffs in 5 consectutive years 2. Becoming AFC North champions 2 years in a row 3. Getting to the AFC Championships in 3 of his 5 years and making it to the Super Bowl.

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I often chided Harbs for being a delegater who will say what's politically correct but what we see on the outside is seldom what's real on the inside! I appreciate that he's strong and secure with who he is!

It was apparent that he had a near mutiny on his hands behind Cam and little-by-little more is coming out as to how fractious things were becoming!

Hat's off to Harbs for standing strong in the face of the discontent and eventually making the right call to exorcize that "cancer" from the team's makeup!

He's as much a factor in reaching the Bro-Bowl as any player!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 22 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#17 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I've said it from the beginning, I have the utmost respect for Coach Harbaugh, as well as complete trust in him. What more can you ask for in a coach?! May you have many great years here, coach!!!

#18 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

While I realize the term "true fan" hasnt been spewed lately, mainly due to the fact we're goin to the Super Bowl and everyone's content...I wonder if you guys (true fans) paid attention to this article. That mid-season meeting they had, do you think it was all hugs and kisses, pats on the back? Then you didnt pay attention. It was a chance for players and coaches to vent their frustrations and get a group consensus on the best way to move forward. Meaning, they weren't happy with the status quo either. However, that bein said, they never stopped believing in one another...of (that) I am guilty. While I wont apologize for my criticism of their play throughout the season, I am sorry I gave up hope on turning things around. They certainly proved me wrong and I couldnt be happier about it.

Edited by a 31fan, 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#19 Ravens best girl

Ravens best girl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Ok - my apologies now for saying this but, oh well. Not only is he an awesome head coach he is eye candy for us female fans. :)

#20 wiz0floyd

wiz0floyd

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm not even sure what that sentence was supposed to mean. "But the Ravens bucked the trend in the NFL by hiring Harbaugh, who is now has led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl, and undoubtedly earned the respect of his players."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users