Ravens-Saints Gameday      LISTEN LIVE      You Pick The Team      Kickoff Week   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 1/22: Hall of Fame Sentiment Changing On Art Modell?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Brady's fatal flaw, an awkward Birk-Moss reunion, and a double standard on fines.

View the full article

#2 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Doesn't matter, going to Superbowl.

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

It's senseless not to elect Art Modell into The Hall of Fame - PERIOD!

People look at Belichick as some evil Sith lord, and "Hey kid, get off my lawn" kinda guy! In glimpses, he's actually pretty easy going, laid back but he's no nonsense and just keeps his cards close to the vest!

Of course there's a double standard in football! Brady should have been penalized for the leg antics and that hit on Pitta was also a penalty! Sometimes it seems that there's a list of NFL penalties and an addendum of Raven Penalties!

#4 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Bernard pierce gets to rest up.good cause i like his running style against the 49ers our running game is more physical than ppl think were beating em up in run protection and pass protection thts gonna tip the game in our direction

#5 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Harbs, treasure a super bowl win, who cares what Belly-chick had to say.

#6 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Bayless is an Idiot!!!!

#7 JoeSoHard

JoeSoHard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

The hit on pitta was an obvious defenseless receiver.. not a H2H but its still a penalty, he hit him before he took a breath after catching the ball blindsided and pollard n reed get flagged for hitting people who duck their heads and initiate contact when they go in with their shoulder... Pitiful Glad Brady lost and slid going at Reeds manhood. you mad tom?

Edited by Moderator 3, 22 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.
offensive remark removed

#8 RavenPatriot

RavenPatriot

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Simple answer to Joe's success, "offensive line plays' been lights-out". Yes, Caldwell calls a better game as well, but think about all the OL position shuffling that's gone on all year until now! Harb's had McKinney in the dog house forever, and it was silly - we didn't want to pay him with his play-time clause in his contract, he would've been eligible for another 1M if we did. Our guys are in their natural positions now and it's paying off. Most any QB will succeed with enough time, and even the greats, (Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady) falter when they're pressured, period.

#9 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I%u2019m really starting to believe in the team of destiny theory but much in redemption.

All major events that has occurred this year.
1. Art passes away.
2. Ravens Nation wins 2nd straight division title.
3. Ray announces his retirement.
4. Colts loses to Baltimore first round of the playoffs.
5. Peyton Manning ex-general of the Colts loses to Baltimore.
6. New England meets the Ravens redemption twice.
7. Ravens Nation wins the AFC Championship.

On 13 October 1996 Ray Lewis recorded his first NFL career sack on Jim Harbaugh, Baltimore lost that game 21 to 26. It was the first game BMore had against the Colts. I do not believe this game has anything to do with brother vs brother and is strictly caused by redemption.

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I thought the officiating was suspect both games on sunday . then the ref got involved in the play (tackled brady sorta)i wouldn't hold your breath bernard waiting for brady to get fined but your correct if it was you or reed or any player off the defense you would be fined. a camel picked us to win? lol well thats something

Edited by llwillow1231, 22 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#11 Show Time

Show Time

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Ravens are undefeated after a bye week.
49ers tied to the Rams after their bye week.
Just Sayin'.

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I've been in love with Pernell McPhee since his first game as a Raven when he recovered a big fumble like 20 or 30 yards downfield

Glad he's finally back healthy.

Speaking of which, hoping Webby's recovery is on schedule. Totally thought our chances were limited without him, but that wasn't the case. Still can't wait to get him back next year.

#13 RavensMANIAC!!

RavensMANIAC!!

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Skip Bayless cracks me up. I can't even get mad anymore. His arguments are so pathetic, it's comical.

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I am glad Skip decided to wait one more game, because we don't need that jinx.

Anna Burns can shove her apology up her....!

Pollard is 100% correct.

#15 good_n_purple

good_n_purple

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Wow...Princess the Camel probably has a leg up on Skip for smarts.

#16 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Every time Ravens play the Patriots I see a segment of Belichick and Brady game planning on what to do about Ed Reed...though it's obviously never been filmed, i cant help but think the idea of removing Reed from the equation has never crossed their minds. Even Brady-lovin Bayless said it was intentional. And now cry baby Brady snubbed the pro-bowl due to an "undisclosed injury", which I can only assume is a bruised ego...or maybe he stubbed his toe tryin to cripple Reed. Either way, fine [him]!!

Edited by Moderator 3, 22 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.
offensive expression removed

#17 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

It was a cheap shot Brady, real cheap and it's funny because it didn't work out in the end.

#18 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Art needs to get into the HOF.

#19 livelong

livelong

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

In that video, Bayless said that Flacco has had a QBR of like .4 in games vs the Texans and the week 15 Broncos. Now, does ESPN have a different war of measuring QBR, because the NFL QBR says 45.4 in Houston and 76.5 in Denver, which isn't even close to what Bayless said. Just correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really pay attention to what ESPN thinks.

#20 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I've said it before about Grossi. I won't tweet it, lest I offend him - but this is the way I see it -

He has a HOF vote and it is therefore his obligation to vote based on the merits of the individuals on the ballot. He is not an elected official placed into political office by the fans in Cleveland and compelled to represent their interests.

It simply comes down to whether or not he has the courage to do what is right and that is fairly assess the contributions that Art Modell made to the game, despite the potential backlash he may face in his own media market. Based on his lack of courage in the past, I am not sure if we can expect him to act any differently now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users