Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardbaugh

I was wrong!

122 posts in this topic

[quote name='BMOREHAWAII' timestamp='1358969431' post='1327733']
Bernard Pierce - I never thought i'd say it but personally I think our run game would be fine without Rice. I was just so high on the Rice bandwagon since he was drafted I couldn't accept the fact that he is replaceable..

Ray Lewis - My favorite player of all time and the reason for my passion for Football and Ravens. I thought that he lost a step even before his injury. Post injury i thought for sure my man was done for good. Thanks the man above that I was never more wrong in my life...

Joe Flacco - The achilles heel of my football life. I bash him, cheer him on then bash him week after week, [b]hoping he'd get injured last year so we got to see Bulger.[/b] Hoping he'd do so terrible this past regular season so that we would get a complete game from Tyrod. THANK YOU FLACCO! For stuffing my mouth with crow and tearing it up in the post-season!
[/quote]Hoping he would get injured so you can see Bulger do what? He was not on our team last year.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1359008579' post='1328650']
Personally, I always felt that scrambling QB's were overrated.
Look at Steve Young (who by the way, in my opinion is the best SF qb of all time, and #2 on my list of favorite qbs).
He could kill you with his legs if it came down to it, but he mainly used his feet to shift the pocket at will, and to maximize his passing lanes (or create one), in order to pick you apart with his arm. Him taking off with the ball was his version of a safety valve when a play broke down.
[b]I think that what many people overlook is simply the threat of running is the main advantage that a scrambling QB has. A typical scramble will usually only net 4 - 8 yards, which is no more than a mere dump off pass. But when teams are afraid of your QB taking off, you can use that to your advantage and help your recievers out.[/b]

Ironically, I theorize that when defenses focus too intently on stopping a guy like RG3 from scrambling is when he is most likely to rack up rushing yards on you; but I won't get too in depth on my little thoery right now
[/quote]Love this part! [b] I was wrong to think, some of you didn't understand my point of view[/b] when it comes to the scrambling QB.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1359017228' post='1328678']
Hoping he would get injured so you can see Bulger do what? He was not on our team last year.
[/quote]He was going to unretire just for us!

I'm happy to say that I've thrown no one under the bus this season. We had a lot going on in the beginning of the year. A team that has had so much change doesn't always perform to expectation.

I was wrong about Kindle though. I really believed he would overcome everything and be a big star on this team. I'm hopeful that he finds his niche somewhere else though.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358950325' post='1327352']
TBD
[/quote]SMH

[quote name='redandgoldblooded' timestamp='1358971529' post='1327770']
With the influx of the "new breed" of quarterback, it's not just being a "Scrambling QB's" or "pocket passers" anymore, it's the combination of both. What the league has seen the last couple of years, esp. this year, is that if you have a complementary schemes designed to use the strength of the QB, it can work. RGIII, Wilson, Newton and Kaep proved that an offense can run with that type of QB, but he difference with those four is that they can actually make plays with their arm as well, not just their legs.

A pure "scrambler" will never be as good as a "pocket passer" in the long term, but a combination of both can do major damage if the defense is not prepped for it.
[/quote]i missed what you were wrong about?

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1358950099' post='1327350']
Anybody wanna admit that Oher is okay on the offensive line? That Cary Williams is a decent corner. Paul Kruger is a monster.

Scrambling QB's are as good as pocket passers.

Anybody?
[/quote]oher is good on the right not the left side . Paul kruger is a beast . i can't give you the cary williams sometimes he flashes brilliance others i wonder where he is he just seems lost to me . I agree that the qb's are the same to a point . each qb is different thats a huge generalization. manning is a pocket passer so is cassel ........thats why that one is tough to answer

I have been wrong about allot of things this year . One i never thought Joe would get us here . I didn't like the upshaw pick .I didn't like the jacoby jones signing. otherwise I'm good

i was wrong about us going 19-0!
BUT, the replacements took game 2
the loss of webb and ray costed us
so, i was right when i said the giants
game would define our season basically.
we both were hungry, and needed a momentum
shift, i felt if we crush them, we would start to get
our swagger back. what concerns me about flacco
is the misses on the easy throws and his pocket prescense
regarding footwork, the guy has a 'big' arm but he has to
temper it , if you will, to make all the throws, if he does that,
we could win 5 superbowls. people should see right now
that we are becoming the new dynasty in the afc with peyton,
brady,.... and ben in the valley of their careers. flaccos gotta
get it now, i mean 3-5 rings, luck, dalton, wilson, cam those guys
are in rearview mirror and are closer than they appear. also,
please realize flacco is having a cinderella playoff, as well as that
49er QB, reality bites in this game. our defense will anchor us, and win
with ray being the MVP.

[quote name='allballs' timestamp='1359060164' post='1329400']
i was wrong about us going 19-0!
BUT, the replacements took game 2
the loss of webb and ray costed us
so, i was right when i said the giants
game would define our season basically.
we both were hungry, and needed a momentum
shift, i felt if we crush them, we would start to get
our swagger back. what concerns me about flacco
is the misses on the easy throws and his pocket prescense
regarding footwork, the guy has a 'big' arm but he has to
temper it , if you will, to make all the throws, if he does that,
we could win 5 superbowls. people should see right now
that we are becoming the new dynasty in the afc with peyton,
brady,.... and ben in the valley of their careers. flaccos gotta
get it now, i mean 3-5 rings, luck, dalton, wilson, cam those guys
are in rearview mirror and are closer than they appear. also,
please realize flacco is having a cinderella playoff, as well as that
49er QB, reality bites in this game. our defense will anchor us, and win
with ray being the MVP.
[/quote]

What the hell do you type with?

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1359062633' post='1329465']
[/quote]
I think it was typed up in notepad.

I've Never chimed in my opinions but ill admit I was wrong about these things: (In my head or to people around me)
Tandon Doss would be better than Torrey Smith (WOW).
Jameel Was better than Ellerbe.
Pees sucked.
Getting Peirce before Miller was a huge mistake.
Kindle and Cody would be studs.

Im not willing to say that I was wrong about Cary Williams, because any time he plays off coverage the quarterback could throw a comeback to the sideline its an automatic first down.

[/quote]

An AT&T phone. Raising the bars bro.

[quote name='allballs' timestamp='1359060164' post='1329400']
the loss of webb and ray [b]costed[/b] us
[/quote]

Ugh. My second favorite word, after "irregardless"

[/quote]

Looks like it's finally gonna be time to update your username :D

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1359059474' post='1329383']
I have been wrong about allot of things this year . One i never thought Joe would get us here . I didn't like the upshaw pick .I didn't like the jacoby jones signing. otherwise I'm good
[/quote]

Well done. You had the triple play!

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1358864841' post='1325673']
Anyone want to come clean with ideas , bashes , thoughts or what have you that you were wrong about.

I was dead wrong on Flacco and am happily not only to eat the crow served but will eat it without condiments as well. :268213:

It looks like many of us were wrong on Dean Pees, since he's been up in the booth he has really been much better. Although he was handicapped by injuries now that the dust has settled , he's done a great job.

I'm a Harbaugh fan hence the moniker, but I wanted to see Jason Garrett hired as HC. Thanks Jerry Jones!!
[/quote]
Firstly, I, like many others of us, never thought Cameron was going to be replaced late in the year. Furthermore, I [b]never[/b] thought that his replacement, whom ever it would be, would have done this well with the offense and Flacco. I dumped the team late in the year vowing to return following them in the playoffs.

With J. Jones, let him rot in hell for firing the classiest NFL coach in NFL history back with the Cowboys in the 80's. Mr. Jones thinks he can buy people with his billions, and I am glad is meddling with the Cowboys has largely backfired to this point.

I was wrong about Flacco during our losing streak
I was wrong about Torrey Smith last year
I was wrong about Dean Pees

I was right about firing Cameron
I was right about starting Mckinney at LT

And I still wouldn't care if Cary played elsewhere next season

Holy Sh. Heath Evans just praised Joe Flacco:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap2000000130589/Do-Your-Job-Flacco-taking-care-of-business

What is happening with the world? I don't understand anything anymore!!!

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1359081963' post='1329760']
Holy Sh. Heath Evans just praised Joe Flacco:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap2000000130589/Do-Your-Job-Flacco-taking-care-of-business"]http://www.nfl.com/v...are-of-business[/url]

What is happening with the world? I don't understand anything anymore!!!
[/quote]
Evans is a first-class loser! Anybody listen to Colin Cowherd in the mornings this week? I had to work. He does not like Joe Flacco either. I am just wondering if he flip-flopped.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1359075878' post='1329664']

Looks like it's finally gonna be time to update your username :D
[/quote]

Sure as hell be!