121 replies to this topic

#1 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Anyone want to come clean with ideas , bashes , thoughts or what have you that you were wrong about.

I was dead wrong on Flacco and am happily not only to eat the crow served but will eat it without condiments as well. :268213:

It looks like many of us were wrong on Dean Pees, since he's been up in the booth he has really been much better. Although he was handicapped by injuries now that the dust has settled , he's done a great job.

I'm a Harbaugh fan hence the moniker, but I wanted to see Jason Garrett hired as HC. Thanks Jerry Jones!!

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I was wrong about Boldin being on the decline, but I blame Cam for that.

#3 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

If Flacco wins next Sunday....ill happily say I was wrong...dead wrong....and ill proceed to let u guys throw all the virtual stick and stones u want my way....

But....weve seen this before..Flacco has seemingly turned the "corner" numerous times in the past only to have us scratching our head the next week...I'm DEFINITELY NOT taking any thing away from his performance this post season. ..one of the best ever...I'm very proud of him.

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

I am sure he will give you guys enough reason to criticize him, when the contract talks start. He will cost us a LOT. The Ravens don't tend to overpay, but they also don't underpay and with that Superbowl appearance on his resume, Flacco has become very expansive.

bJNF689.jpg

#5 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

As I remember there were a lot of haters saying that Flacco could never get us to a SB. Where are they?

Oh and I was wrong once, but found out I was actually right, so I was wrong about being wrong. The one time.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#6 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm so glad the people on this forum do not make decisions for this team. We would be screwed I said this earlier about pees our D has been decimated by injuries once Suggs came back our D has gotten better. Cam should have been gone 2 yrs ago but better late than never. However this was going to be his last yr no matter what I'm convinced getting rid of cam was the reason that Caldwell was brought in which is great because every time I read something about I like him more and more.

#7 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I was wrong about our corners . I posted before Cary williams still makes me nuts when he has his space cadet moments but he's better smith looked great sunday . i know the miscommunication allowed an easy touchdown sunday no one is perfect.

Edited by llwillow1231, 22 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#8 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,318 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

i was wrong for calling Flacco a "turnover machine" a few weeks back when the Ravens had that 3 game losing streak and he kept coughing up that rock! lol! but during the playoffs...he's been on point and hasn't turned the rock over! great job Joe!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#9 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,317 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I was wrong about Dean Pees... he's really turned this D around.

2550rra.jpg

#10 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I was wrong about Jim Caldwell after the first Broncos game.

#11 Bobby

Bobby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I was wrong about Pees being in over his head...the injuries were brutal and I did not take that into account enough...
Win, Lose, or Draw - RAVENS ARE MY TEAM!

#12 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Anyone want to come clean with ideas , bashes , thoughts or what have you that you were wrong about.

I was dead wrong on Flacco and am happily not only to eat the crow served but will eat it without condiments as well. :268213:

It looks like many of us were wrong on Dean Pees, since he's been up in the booth he has really been much better. Although he was handicapped by injuries now that the dust has settled , he's done a great job.

I'm a Harbaugh fan hence the moniker, but I wanted to see Jason Garrett hired as HC. Thanks Jerry Jones!!

Srry, i would come clean if i was wrong about a player but look at my History. Ive been right 99.99999 % of the time. lolololol

I was Saying Ellerbee could ball Yrs ago when he went on HARBS. S.List. I remember the play ( Ebbe got a fumble recovery and ran it in to the endzone but right before he broke the plain he took his time and rolled in) This was in the preseason and Harbs was furious.

Umm lets see, been saying Mckinnie is LIGHT YRS ahead of Oher even if Mckinnie is out of shape.

What else, been saying Let Flacco throw the ball. If Rice wants the ball then let him catch it, B.P. is a better runner.

Still think they should have LQ get into the Line up instead of Doss ( bum )

And J.Smith still sucks and C.Williams is light yrs ahead of him. Love how there arn't many C.William haters really talking crap about him.

Edited by PeRK82, 22 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#13 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Cary williams and Dean Pees and Osemele in the beginning of the year. The players coaches all have really stepped up in the playoffs. What a month January has been.

#14 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,676 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I was right about Joe Flacco!

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#15 BallHawker

BallHawker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Something we were all extremely right about..

- Cam Cameron needed to go a couple years ago, especially after blowing that lead against the Stoolers in the playoffs when we were up 21-7 at the half.
- Michael Oher's much needed position change from LT to RT

Something I was wrong about..

- Doubting the Ravens defense. This "bend but not break" mentality has worked very well in the playoffs against the top 3 passing attacks in the NFL. Now, if Webb and McClain were still in there, I'm sure our team would be unstoppable.

HBqGOpn.jpg

Forum Fantasy Roster - Ben's Nose

#16 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,054 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'll play:

I was wrong about being wrong about re-signing McClain. At the time I hated the move. After Lewis went down I admitted I was wrong. Right now, I feel like my original opinion is still warranted: he will be the Chris Carr of the LBs.

I was wrong about Ray Lewis being done for the year. I never would have expected annyone to return from a triceps tear so quickly. He is clearly a machine.

I was wrong about Caldwell.

I was wrong about trading McKinnie. He has proven to be vital.

And I was wrong about being right about Oher. I originally wanted him at RT then liked what I saw from him at LT early. Then the old Mike returned.

#17 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Srry, i would come clean if i was wrong about a player but look at my History. Ive been right 99.99999 % of the time. lolololol

Get off your soap box Perk lol.

I missed the Anquan Boldin train. He's been lights out, and I couldn't be happier to have him on this team.

z66oxxi.jpg

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I was wrong about McKinnie. He has helped us out so much this post season. Happily eating crow. Way to go, big guy.

#19 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Get off your soap box Perk lol.

I missed the Anquan Boldin train. He's been lights out, and I couldn't be happier to have him on this team.

LOOLOL Whats a Soap Box???

#20 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

i was wrong for calling Flacco a "turnover machine" a few weeks back when the Ravens had that 3 game losing streak and he kept coughing up that rock! lol! but during the playoffs...he's been on point and hasn't turned the rock over! great job Joe!

~Mili

In 3 Turnovers, one was his fault. The Rest was All on Oher.

Im sick of hearing on EPSN And NFL Network saying STILL mind you , that Rice needs the ball more. LOL Unreal, do they even watch the games. Rice is a beast at Catching and YAC. Other than that, He cant run for jack, B.P. out runs him every single time. Even when B.P. only gets 1 or 2 yds, those are hard fought yardage.

I'll say it again just like ive been saying what seems forever now, Put it in FLACCO'S shoulders and let him throw the ball. Only reason we have been winning is because of Flacco's arm.

I don't want to see us being conservative and then try and throw the ball only when the other team is moving the ball.
Jim Harb. is going to try and run up the score up ,no matter how much of a lead (if they get a lead) they will have.

Edited by PeRK82, 22 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users