Ravens at Bengals      Pro Bowl Voting      #RavensPumpkin      Game Rewind   

Photo

Chykie Brown assessment

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Chykie (99 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about his performance

1. Voted Developing quite well (67 votes [67.68%])

Percentage of vote: 67.68%

2. Don't see potential there (7 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

3. Still haven't seen enough of him to judge (25 votes [25.25%])

Percentage of vote: 25.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

What do you think of the 2nd-year CB from Texas? Do you see potential in the Chykster or do you think he is not cut out for the Ravens? He's had 29 tackles and 7 passes defended, but also some glaring penalties.

Edited by flaccopoe, 22 January 2013 - 12:41 AM.

<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,745 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

He's a young guy who came into the league very raw. He has a lot of potential still. He wasn't expected to play much this year, but injuries changed that. He's played exceedingly well compared to what I expected.

#3 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

His biggest plus is he actually plays the ball. He's a serviceable corner with pretty decent technique. He's definitely a guy you keep on the roster, but no better than a nickel.

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Brown is fine.

Banned

#5 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Brown is fine.

Care to elaborate?
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#6 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Actually I believe chykie has all the physical tools. Ozzie even said he believed he was a first round prospect( can't find quote). His only downside was technique. He has vastly improved and has made plays. He was solid up until yesterday when he could not tackle and had that communication error with Corey. Jimmy played great considering he has not touched the field on defense for some time when they alternated between him and chykie.

Cornerback is one of our strengths with Webb back and Cary gone. We will at the most draft a corner on day 3 because you can't have enough corners.

Edited by BMORE_96, 22 January 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Chykie has the chance to be a good CB in this league. Great physical tools, but in all honesty, I would take Jimmy over him any day of the week.
Banned

#8 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

His a hard worker, a student of the game. If people like Brown and few other up&comming 'next man up' didn't show up, we would be in a lot of trouble. What I see is that he is inexperienced. I think he has alot of potential, and given time he can excel.

A definate keeper imo. Can't wait to see what he has to offer in 9ers game in 2 weeks. Our secondary will be attacked, I hope everyone can communicate better and do their job.

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#9 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than go around a troll a 14 year old? No seriously, do you? I can take the Flack that Poe or Panda, or Fly, Arnie, Nurps, and The Raven give me, but you, you aren't freakin jokin like they are........ This is the second damn time this has happened today alone.
This

Don't try to turn this around on Ravenseconbeast! He rightfully pointed out the folly of your insubstantially succinct response. It has nothing to do with your age. Hope this doesn't turn into a neg war. Luckily, each person is only allotted 2 a day...

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

I found the 7 passes-defended stat to be his most impressive. I realize that he still has a lot to learn, being so young. I hope he receives the discipline to avoid future costly penalties.

#11 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

What do you think of the 2nd-year CB from Texas? Do you see potential in the Chykster or do you think he is not cut out for the Ravens? He's had 29 tackles and 7 passes defended, but also some glaring penalties.

I like how he's coming along. You can never have too many cornerbacks and with Williams probably gone after this year, Webb recovering from an ACL that leaves him, Graham and Smith to compete for starting jobs next year. Not sure what you mean by a glaring penalty but these days I can't hold a P.I. call against a CB...the league likes to see the ball in the air.

I like him and we'll need him to improve his technique next year.
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Don't try to turn this around on Ravenseconbeast! He rightfully pointed out the folly of your insubstantially succinct response. It has nothing to do with your age. Hope this doesn't turn into a neg war. Luckily, each person is only allotted 2 a day...

He's been doing that to me all day regardless of the response Poe..... That was Sarcasim. I'm tired, and was in study mode, and don't want to answer questions. I gave you an elaborated response. Sorry if you were offended.

I found the 7 passes-defended stat to be his most impressive. I realize that he still has a lot to learn, being so young. I hope he receives the discipline to avoid future costly penalties.

They pick on him a lot, but he makes them pay
Banned

#13 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

He's been doing that to me all day regardless of the response Poe..... That was Sarcasim. I'm tired, and was in study mode, and don't want to answer questions. I gave you an elaborated response. Sorry if you were offended.
They pick on him a lot, but he makes them pay

I havent done anything. Except answer your question on a thread you created. Then just now, poked a little fun. I didn't try to harass you bud.

You can however stop having moderators force a warning on me for bogus reasons.

#14 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I havent done anything. Except answer your question on a thread you created. Then just now, poked a little fun. I didn't try to harass you bud.

I'm behind you, econ! There was nothing inflammatory in your response.

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Agh, this studying thing getting to my head!

Between the head hurting from finals week, Poe posting animal picks, and the freakin celebration parties.....

I'm gonna need to get of this board....

Peace y'all. I need some sleep bad.
Banned

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Now that this petite guerre is behind us, can we get back to evaluating Chykie's merits? I like Brown's run defense capabilities. 29 tackles is pretty impressive for a guy off the bench.

#17 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Brown played well against his competition.

Of course, Brown is not an All-Pro cornerback, but there's not a lot in the league anyways (Revis, Bailey, Sherman, Tillman), but he has developed into a guy who is not terrible, but serviceable.

Brown will play out his contract and prove his worth as a serviceable cornerback. If he develops into a good starting cornerback, then that's the Front Office's decision to keep him. Remember, you can never have enough good cornerbacks becuse it's a passing league and you want to take away that 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th option from the quarterback.

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

One last post (I promise) anything I have said the past hour on these boards may be very Irrelevant (what's new right?) anything I said, plz just Ignore.

On topic.

Chykie will be a starter. He will be part of our beast secondary in a few years. Why don't we move him or Jimmy to safety?
Banned

#19 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

To be honest, I haven't been watching/noticing him that much at all. My gameday rewind expired early, (pisses me off) and I've been trying to watch Ray the majority of the time since he's been back. Since I haven't heard from him that much I guess that means he's doing good. I basically just haven't focused on him as much as other players.

but...... Carys has been playing great. I know that.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#20 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Brown played well against his competition.

Of course, Brown is not an All-Pro cornerback, but there's not a lot in the league anyways (Revis, Webb, Sherman, Tillman), but he has developed into a guy who is not terrible, but serviceable.

Brown will play out his contract and prove his worth as a serviceable cornerback. If he develops into a good starting cornerback, then that's the Front Office's decision to keep him. Remember, you can never have enough good cornerbacks becuse it's a passing league and you want to take away that 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th option from the quarterback.

Fixed. :)

Edited by Ravens<3, 22 January 2013 - 01:43 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users