Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malkavian Raven

Should I...

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which jersey should I let my co-worker borrow?

• Matt Birk
    • Marshall Yanda
    • Michael Oher
    • Bryant McKinnie
    • Joe Flacco
    • Ray Rice
    • Anquan Boldin
    • Torrey Smith
    • Haloti Ngata
    • Terrell Suggs
    • Paul Kruger
    • Ed Reed
    • Lardarius Webb
    • Sam Koch
    • None
    • ...or a hat?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]In all my years as a Ravens' fan living in Indy, I could have never imagined a moment like I experienced this morning at work. A co-worker of mine, an Indy fan, asked me if they could borrow one of my Ravens' jerseys to sport for Super Bowl weekend.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]So... should I? If so, which one?[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]My Ray Lewis is out of the question. My oldest will be wearing Justin Tucker. My wife will be wearing Art Modell.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And yes, I trust this person enough that I do not think they would do intentional harm to my jersey.[/i][/font][/i]

[size=1][i][font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]And no, it isn't Marshall.[/i][/font][/i][/size]

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358821722' post='1325124']
Big Mac......
Lts are important.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]All 53-men on the roster are important. ;)[/i][/font]

You've never done it before? Don't change things up and risk something catastrophic.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1358822370' post='1325138']
You've never done it before? Don't change things up and risk something catastrophic.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]No one has ever asked before. *shrugs* What if by NOT doing it, I cause some kind of bad karma?[/i][/font]

Nope. I don't let anyone ( except my GF , and that's a treat for ME) wear my jerseys... and especially not a fan of Indy. Forget that.

Since they're an indy fan...

Gve them nothing.. But take from them everything

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358822734' post='1325150']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]No one has ever asked before. *shrugs* What if by NOT doing it, I cause some kind of bad karma?[/i][/font]
[/quote]
Then it's your fault. lol

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1358822971' post='1325161']
Then it's your fault. lol
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]But YOU said!!.... Oh forget it... :P[/i][/font]

You would let one of your jerseys touch the skin of a Colts fan? You're cracked...but then again we already knew that! :D

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1358822857' post='1325156']
Nope. I don't let anyone ( except my GF , and that's a treat for ME) wear my jerseys... and especially not a fan of Indy. Forget that.
[/quote]
[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1358822945' post='1325160']
Since they're an indy fan...
Gve them nothing.. But take from them everything
[/quote]
[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1358823018' post='1325163']
I concur. No one. They're the enemy.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now I feel ashamed... I actually bought this coworker lunch this afternoon... what was I thinking... :([/i][/font]

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358823180' post='1325167']
You would let one of your jerseys touch the skin of a [s]Colts[/s] [b]Indy [/b]fan? You're cracked...but then again we already knew that! :D
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Fixed that for you... and.. perhaps this fan could... put a plastic bag over their head and hair... and wear a turtleneck with long sleeves underneath it... and gloves... that way... it would never actually touch their skin.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That and I just like the idea of an Indy fan with a plastic bag over their head. *cough, adverts eyes*[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358823193' post='1325168']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now I feel ashamed... I actually bought this coworker lunch this afternoon... what was I thinking... :([/i][/font]
[/quote]

If you get along with the person and work well together, there is nothing wrong with a lunch every now and then. A Ravens jersey on a Colts fan is another matter entirely....that would be he equivalent of you wearing Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne!

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358823363' post='1325174']

If you get along with the person and work well together, there is nothing wrong with a lunch every now and then. A Ravens jersey on a Colts fan is another matter entirely....that would be he equivalent of you wearing Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne!
[/quote]
Actually would be worse not equivalent considering history

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358823363' post='1325174']
If you get along with the person and work well together, there is nothing wrong with a lunch every now and then. A Ravens jersey on a [s]Colts[/s] [b]Indy [/b]fan is another matter entirely....that would be he equivalent of you wearing Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's twice. Next time, I neg you. :P[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And me in a Luck or Wayne jersey... thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares![/i][/font]

I voted Webb.
Though he is currently not active ( sniff, sniff :( )
He needs to be represented.
He is an amazing player and a fantastic person.

[/quote]

You've done enough for them.

No, but for real, a jersey of your prized team is a sacred thing. If this person is truly trustworthy, then MAYBE... but considering the history between Indy and Baltimore... I'd be inclined to say no, even if this person does have good intentions. Lots of bad blood brewing.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1358823580' post='1325184']
I voted Webb.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I only wore my Webb jersey once this year, that was the season opener. *sighs* I miss Webby.[/i][/font]

[/quote]

First, he uses you to get free lunch and now he wants your jersey?! His requests will never end, you need to stop this madness now!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358823784' post='1325190']
How did you get the money to buy all these jerseys, lol?
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Between work incentives at the end of the year... my tax return... and the incentives I get from my families farming corporation -- I get a couple of new jerseys every year. Those are just the players on the team currently. You don't want me to go digging.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Don't make me bring out the Goose![/i][/font]

[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1358823814' post='1325191']
You've done enough for them.

No, but for real, a jersey of your prized team is a sacred thing. If this person is truly trustworthy, then MAYBE... but considering the history between Indy and Baltimore... I'd be inclined to say no, even if this person does have good intentions. Lots of bad blood brewing.
[/quote]
[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358823855' post='1325195']
First, he uses you to get free lunch and now he wants your jersey?! His requests will never end, you need to stop this madness now!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I actually promised him this lunch last week, but meetings got in the way. And he has bought me lunches as well, so.. no biggie.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Maybe a hat then? I've got plenty of those![/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358823925' post='1325196']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Between work incentives at the end of the year... my tax return... and the incentives I get from my families farming corporation -- I get a couple of new jerseys every year. Those are just the players on the team currently. You don't want me to go digging.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Don't make me bring out the Goose![/i][/font]
[/quote]

You got any non-Ravens jerseys from greats such as Montana or Starr?

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1358823580' post='1325184']
I voted Webb.
[/quote]
I wear my Webb jersey every game! Only one I got, but I love Webb! I bet he's hating not being able to play :(

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358824253' post='1325205']
You got any non-Ravens jerseys from greats such as Montana or Starr?
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Nope. I do have a Drew Brees replica jersey when he was with the Chargers -- found it at a yard sale for $5. That is the only non-Ravens "jersey" I have.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358824369' post='1325209']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Nope. I do have a Drew Brees replica jersey when he was with the Chargers -- found it at a yard sale for $5. That is the only non-Ravens "jersey" I have.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

What an investment that's bound to become!

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1358824315' post='1325207']
I wear my Webb jersey every game! Only one I got, but I love Webb! I bet he's hating not being able to play :(
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I'm an addict when it comes to jerseys. I know I won't be able to get them all this year, but I'd like to get a Pierce, Jones, Ellerbe, and McPhee.[/i][/font]

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358824486' post='1325212']
What an investment that's bound to become!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Hardly, the condition it was in when I bought it was thrift store material -- now after another four-years of wear-and-tear, it probably isn't worth the $5 I paid for it.[/i][/font]

Personally, I'd be doubting the authenticity of said person for even WANTING to wear another teams jersey. I would NEVER wear another teams Jersey . Seems fraudulent .