Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tctony

Anquan Boldin

105 posts in this topic

Never did.
He is a beast, with attitude and a great player for the fans.

I love how he gives away every TD ball to a fan.

Best thing about Boldin: If it touches his hands, you can bet he's catching it. He's deceptively quick and clearly very strong. He is Mason on roids (figuratively, of course)

I love anquin Boldin.

I am not letting Ellerbe go to hold onto a receiver for one more year though. It doesn't make sense.

Q was ferocious ! I saw the killer instinct surface. I don't want it to go away!
I do think we need a restructure of his deal. I mean, heck... he may just hang them up.

I still say Ellerbe needs to show he can stay healthy. He hasn't proven that yet. No question, the dude is a beast!

Well now that Ray is retiring it will give us some cap room, not sure after the Flacco deal whether or not we can still keep him.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358819524' post='1325056']
I love anquin Boldin.

I am not letting Ellerbe go to hold onto a receiver for one more year though. It doesn't make sense.
[/quote]

Hopefully we can keep everybody... Ray hanging them up that will help a little.

I don't understand this misconception. I don't think anyone said we wanted him to go. At least, I know I didn't. I said it's very realistic we won't keep him next year with our cap situation and free agents. I also said I would like to trade him before his decline, like Belichick. Boldin's one of my favorite Ravens. It's just going to be a challenge to keep him.

Also, we let go of guys like Mason, Heap, and Gregg, so he's not off limits. The difference is those guys reached their decline, whereas Boldin is still playing at a high level...for now.

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Fact: Without Q... we wouldn't be where we are, right now.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The guy balled out yesterday better than any other receiver on any of the four remaining teams.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]To lose him would be to lose a major staple of the offense.[/font][/i]

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358819910' post='1325066']
I don't understand this misconception. I don't think anyone said we wanted him to go. At least, I know I didn't. I said it's very realistic we won't keep him next year with our cap situation and free agents. I also said I would like to trade him before his decline, like Belichick. Boldin's one of my favorite Ravens. It's just going to be a challenge to keep him.

Also, we let go of guys like Mason, Heap, and Gregg, so he's not off limits. The difference is those guys reached their decline, whereas Boldin is still playing at a high level...for now.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Heeeeeeaaaaaaaaap...... :([/i][/font]

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1358819805' post='1325064']
Hopefully we can keep everybody... Ray hanging them up that will help a little.
[/quote]
I'm just letting you know we won't be able to keep boldin unless he takes a cut.

[/quote]

THIS! No one wants Anquan to go. People just realize that his salary is much too large for him to stick around.

I think most everybody wants to keep Q. But from a business side, its a tough decision. We are heading towards some Cap issues.

But put that all aside for right now. Lets enjoy our two weeks in the sun and see where it leads us.

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1358819079' post='1325046']
I've been wondering why people wanted him gone in the first place? hopefully he wont be too much to keep
[/quote]

[/quote]

The folks pining for Q's release quoted stats saying he is not worth the money he is being paid because of low production. I guarantee those people are avid FF participants. smh

As someone mentioned, since having his meniscus repaired Q has been performing at the level we expected when he was brought to Bmore. He is one tough dude, has hands of steel and brings the intangibles to the locker room. Q is a Raven through and through and we need to find a way to keep him.

Since Caldwell has been OC.... Boldin got blanked out vs Denver and sat out vs Cincy....So in 5 games his stats have been...

23 catches, 369 yards, 3 TDs.

The chemistry between him and Joe is amazing. He's finally getting played right, and is making a huge impact for us with his big plays at the right times.

We need him in our offense next season.

And incase anyones wondering here is Torrey, Jacoby & Pittas stats since Caldwells taken over..

Torrey- 15 rec, 300 yards, 3 TD.
Pitta- 21 rec, 318 yards, 4 TD.
Jacoby- 11 rec, 185 yards, 1 TD.

You're welcome. :)

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358820141' post='1325073']
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Fact: Without Q... we wouldn't be where we are, right now.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The guy balled out yesterday better than any other receiver on any of the four remaining teams.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]To lose him would be to lose a major staple of the offense.[/font][/i]
[/quote]
I agree somewhat, but I can't stay we wouldn't be where we are right now without him, maybe doss would get more pass interference for yards XD Jk but I do love some Pitta and Smith, they seem to be awesome for the most part, I get so excited! but yeah Q is VERY excellent with the ball, it seems like he can catch a ball between players legs

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1358820798' post='1325096']
The folks pining for Q's release quoted stats saying he is not worth the money he is being paid because of low production. I guarantee those people are avid FF participants. smh

As someone mentioned, since having his meniscus repaired Q has been performing at the level we expected when he was brought to Bmore. He is one tough dude, has hands of steel and brings the intangibles to the locker room. Q is a Raven through and through and we need to find a way to keep him.
[/quote]

It's not just stats man, he struggle to gain separation and while he makes a lot of big catches he is also slow as molasses! There have been a lot of perfect balls that Joe throws his way that Q can't....quite....get.......to. For all the good things he brings to the team, his role and his paycheck need to take a hit. The lack of speed really limits the offense in a lot of ways.

And as Grim pointed out, it's not that we are trying to get rid of him but we are up against a very tight cap come this offseason. Q is one of the biggest contracts that sticks out. I love him as a player and I'd rather not see him go, but the NFL is still a business.

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1358820900' post='1325101']
I agree somewhat, but I can't stay we wouldn't be where we are right now without him, maybe doss would get more pass interference for yards XD Jk but I do love some Pitta and Smith, they seem to be awesome for the most part, I get so excited! but yeah Q is VERY excellent with the ball, it seems like he can catch a ball between players legs
[/quote]
Doss is a defensive pass interference machine. He gets more yards on penalties than catches, lmao.

I've always been big on keeping and overpaying (if necessary) guys that show up in the big games. Boldin is not worth the 6.5 he'll get next year, but I don't have a problem paying Boldin over 4. Boldin consistently shows up in the big games, the 2 Pitt games every year, the divisional games and the playoffs. Year in year out in big games, you can be damned sure Boldin is going to step up to the plate. You just can't replace that.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1358822472' post='1325139']
It's not just stats man, he struggle to gain separation and while he makes a lot of big catches he is also slow as molasses! There have been a lot of perfect balls that Joe throws his way that Q can't....quite....get.......to. For all the good things he brings to the team, his role and his paycheck need to take a hit. The lack of speed really limits the offense in a lot of ways.

And as Grim pointed out, it's not that we are trying to get rid of him but we are up against a very tight cap come this offseason. Q is one of the biggest contracts that sticks out. I love him as a player and I'd rather not see him go, but the NFL is still a business.
[/quote]

You can say what you want about his abilities, but there's no one else on this Team I would trust more to make the clutch catch. I can think of only one time(I think vs. NE a couple of years ago?)that he missed a catchable ball in crunch time. He's a new man since surgery and I think he still has plenty left in the tank.

And I completely understand the cap issues, but I hope Q and the FO can come to some sort of an agreement that keeps him here. To just say that he will be gone is just as much of a supposition as saying he will stay.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358822527' post='1325143']
Doss is a defensive pass interference machine. He gets more yards on penalties than catches, lmao.
[/quote]
LMAO That's probably true, I wanna see Stats on that

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1358823496' post='1325180']
You can say what you want about his abilities, but there's no one else on this Team I would trust more to make the clutch catch. I can think of only one time(I think vs. NE a couple of years ago?)that he missed a catchable ball in crunch time. He's a new man since surgery and I think he still has plenty left in the tank.

And I completely understand the cap issues, but I hope Q and the FO can come to some sort of an agreement that keeps him here. To just say that he will be gone is just as much of a supposition as saying he will stay.
[/quote]

I definitely agree that Q will make the tough catch, but how many balls does he not catch because of his limitations. There were some balls that Joe tried to get to Boldin in this game on crossing routes and they were batted down because he cant get away from his defender. This has happened throughout the season. It doesnt mean he cant have a role with the Ravens but I cant just ignore the bad.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1358824054' post='1325201'] There were some balls that Joe tried to get to Boldin in this game on crossing routes and they were batted down because he cant get away from his defender. This has happened throughout the season. It doesnt mean he cant have a role with the Ravens but I cant just ignore the bad.
[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1358824054' post='1325201']
I definitely agree that Q will make the tough catch, but how many balls does he not catch because of his limitations. There were some balls that Joe tried to get to Boldin in this game on crossing routes and they were batted down because he cant get away from his defender. This has happened throughout the season. It doesnt mean he cant have a role with the Ravens but I cant just ignore the bad.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Got it. So let's drop Q and pick up Julio! LOL!

Gee, imagine that. We get rid of Cam, and Flacco has been the best QB in the NFL since then, Boldin plays like he did in AZ, and we are in the SB.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358824701' post='1325219']
Gee, imagine that. We get rid of Cam, and Flacco has been the best QB in the NFL since then, Boldin plays like he did in AZ, and we are in the SB.
[/quote]

Must be some good coffee in the booth. Has nothing to do with Cam, and more to do with the quality of drink available. Caldwell loves a large cup O Joe.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1358825430' post='1325234']
Must be some good coffee in the booth. Has nothing to do with Cam, and more to do with the quality of drink available. Caldwell loves a large cup O Joe.
[/quote]

Haha, good point!
But it's not just about Joe...look at Boldin tearing up the middle of the field, where he belongs. Another big reason for our success is keeping the pocket moving to help make up for the inadequacies... I love Caldwell!! I hope that he remains our OC for a long time to come.