Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Harbaugh Brothers Haven't Talked Yet

26 posts in this topic

John and Jim Harbaugh played down the significance of their brotherly matchup.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Harbaugh-Brothers-Havent-Talked-Yet/8c25a34a-a444-49ca-acf4-a92e6994cf76]View the full article[/url]

Papa Harbaugh must pretty much be about the proudest father of the world right now... What his two sons have made is NFL history and there's a distinct possibility that it's never ever gonna happen again - at least with another man's sons...

and that's something.

bio

Well if my kids were coaching against each other in the SB, I would be ecstatic as well. Jack Harbaugh is a lucky dude!

However, I do agree that this story has been talked about plenty last year, and since this is the SB, it should be about the players for who this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity as well! Players don't get as many opportunities as perhaps coaches do to get to the SB. Their span is far more limited than it is for coaches!

While I agree that their parenst have to be proud of both accomplishments, I also feel that they will be in a hard place come game time. While they will be extremely happy for one son they will feel bad for the other. I do not know if they have a favorite son or not, but I know that we will all be rooting for John.

Absolutely epic and historical!! So proud as a Raven's fan to have John Harbaugh as our Head Coach! Can' t even imagine how his mom and dad are feeling, but it must be awesome!!

john john john john haaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaauuuuuggggghhh!! you rock and thank you for accepting the hc job 5 years ago. go ravens!!

[quote name='EpicRavensfan2!' timestamp='1358842511' post='1325530']
we beat the 49ers once we can do it again. (hopefully) i forget did we play them in san fran or baltimore?
[/quote]

In Baltimore. Last season, Thanksgiving. 16:6.

Smith was sacked like 7 or 9 times?

bio

Jim has already stated his position that he will respond to sibling rivalry questions only for a day or so; then, just ignore them and look to football-related questions!

They just diagnosed the Niner "Pistol Offense" and their O Coordinator, Greg Roman [on NFL AM] said that they may play-action off of it, mostly, because of Lewis, Ngata and Suggs!

Smoke and mirrors?

Let Cary Williams "SPY" the pitch in the "Pistol",... he's used coming up to make tackles!

[quote name='EpicRavensfan2!' timestamp='1358842511' post='1325530']
we beat the 49ers once we can do it again. (hopefully) i forget did we play them in san fran or baltimore?
[/quote]

And,... Peyton's Denver beat us once and couldn't do it again, so let's just get prepared for last week's 49ers' Kapernick (not the benched Smith) and leave all that rah-rah yip yap in the past, okay?

Kaepernick must get hit. I hope Pollard gets him. With a good clean hit. That is the only thing that will slow the kid down on his desire to run.

This SB is going to be really tough in every respect imaginable. SF is definitely a very good football team. I only hope our players and staff can keep focused and their eye on the candy!

Here is when scheduling, etc become critical to a team's success. I hope we somehow come away with a victory. The way Joe is playing and our defense is playing, I do feel we will come out with a victory! However, jitters are already beginning for me....

The GORE-ELLERBE clash will be epic!

It will bring back memories of the BETTIS-LEWIS wars of old! Ray can bring Gore down, no doubt, but Ellerbe will bring Thor's Hammer down,... and, if not him, Bernie Pollard looms nearby!

I can't wait!

It should have been the Harbaugh Bowl last year, Glad we got a second chance at it.Go RAVENS!

Lol that's gonna be one awkward conversation I mean what do you say to your brother when your gonna be playing him in the biggest game in sports

I bet they won't even see each other until game day. They'll probably be staying at different hotels, so unless they meet up (or on Media Day), they probably won't see much of each other during the week either.

Im really looking forward to that day, see them challenge the refs or their faces after the half time, if this past week was long, these coming two will be eternal...

only two people will not be losers that day, their parents!!

Go ravens!!!!!!!!

John and Jim's parents are no idiots..! Of course they will be rooting for the sane son and his RAVENS Team.. " I think we're good here..! "

Just kiddin..! Love Em both..! I'm sure the folks are very proud. They both lead good smash mouthed D teams...! .Will be a great game..! In th end RAVENS prevail 33/ 30 OT Tucker kicks winning F.G.