Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookiedood

Colin Kaepernick, meet Mr. Pollard

318 posts in this topic

[size=4]A word of advice to Colin Kaepernick. You better know where Bernard Pollard is on the field, before you decide to take off and run. Much is being said about this young mans running ability, and rightly so. He is a special talent. As a safety precaution, it is in his best interest to where know Mr. Pollard is at all times. I'm just sayin.[/size]

Alright, let's not get too cocky. Does this trash talking really deserve its own thread? We do have a Game preview thread that likes these sort of postings.

Colin Kaepernick, who I have followed and watched for more than 4 years, has a very illustrious college career. The Ravens should get the films opf 2 pf his games, both his final game played when he finally beat Boise State, 34-31, and the shoot-a-thon 69-67 loss where the lead changed 4 times and he had lost from the previous years. He can play well this sport. See [url="http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101407aac.html"]http://www.nevadawol.../101407aac.html[/url] and [url="http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303302440"]http://scores.espn.g...ameId=303302440.The[/url] Ravens shouod try and contact the Boise State Broncones coach Peterson and maybe they cn get copies of ghe films of these two games, and let our defense see this guy at his best!!!

[quote name='DrRenShen' timestamp='1358816913' post='1324997']
Colin Kaepernick, who I have followed and watched for more than 4 years, has a very illustrious college career. The Ravens should get the films opf 2 pf his games, both his final game played when he finally beat Boise State, 34-31, and the shoot-a-thon 69-67 loss where the lead changed 4 times and he had lost from the previous years. He can play well this sport. See [url="http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101407aac.html"]http://www.nevadawol.../101407aac.html[/url] and [url="http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303302440"]http://scores.espn.g...d=303302440.The[/url] Ravens shouod try and contact the Boise State Broncones coach Peterson and maybe they cn get copies of ghe films of these two games, and let our defense see this guy at his best!!!
[/quote]
I think the Ravens are going to watch the film of the previous 2 playoff games, when he torched NFL calibre defenses using the 49ers most recent plays and tendencies to formulate their game plan.

Kaep is about 6-5 and 230. He won't be intimidated by huge hits. Now, confusing him into a pick, that's what I'm more worried about as a niner fan.

I like the kid and think he is hugely talented....but I'll take Joe's playoff experience and monster arm over this kid all day long. Plus, not a lot being said, but Joe did not beat the Pats with the long ball....he dissected them with precision throws...much like Brady normally does. I was really impressed by the change of pace....I have always been a huge Joe fan, but this game was a huge step. And also...anyone noticing a much improved pocket presence the past few weeks....he is feeling it better and stepping up to extend plays....love it!

I like what was said on "Mike and Mike". When he runs the pistol and reads what the outside linebacker is doing that linebacker should just hit him no matter what. The QB is running a fake so he is free to get hit. Let the other 10 guys on defense worry about the running back if he does hand it off but take the opportunity to lay out the QB. If we do that enough they will think twice about doing it again.

[quote name='ravensfan160' timestamp='1358900713' post='1326686']
I like what was said on "Mike and Mike". When he runs the pistol and reads what the outside linebacker is doing that linebacker should just hit him no matter what. The QB is running a fake so he is free to get hit. Let the other 10 guys on defense worry about the running back if he does hand it off but take the opportunity to lay out the QB. If we do that enough they will think twice about doing it again.
[/quote]

That's the most basic solution to stop any offense. Hit, hit, HIT. Then hit em some more. So glad our team has been built around that physical philosophy.

[/quote]

This right here. The body can only take so many blows before it takes it's toll on other elements of his game.

[quote name='Clayton Bigsby' timestamp='1358900949' post='1326697']

That's the most basic solution to stop any offense. Hit, hit, HIT. Then hit em some more. So glad our team has been built around that physical philosophy.
[/quote]

Just ask the Patriots. LOL. After a while they wanted no part of Pollard & Co. unless they wanted to
get knocked out . The receivers and backs trying to catch passes were looking a little jittery .

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358824941' post='1325224']
Hey, speaking of gimmick offenses...
[/quote]

Yep, staying in the pocket and throwing for 76% completion and 11 yards per attempt. Total gimmick.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1358882373' post='1326106']
Pollard will light Kap up , guaranteed .
[/quote]

if he can get close to him...don't think hes as fast as Kaep

[quote name='2012_49ers' timestamp='1358881483' post='1326089']
Kaep is about 6-5 and 230. He won't be intimidated by huge hits. Now, confusing him into a pick, that's what I'm more worried about as a niner fan.
[/quote]

He is big and tough, no doubt. But he is human not a machine. You really get hit, hard and you will flinch just a bit the next time, whether a rookie or grizzled old vet. The only guy I ever saw that didn't seem to care was Pig Ben.

[/quote]

This, how many times have this kid been hit?? He played against vanilla defenses twice this postseason and obviously torched both of them, but has someone lay wood on him in the last games?? I dont think so, I want to see us punching him in the mouth 2-3 times and then we see if they keep doing the option play. Not just hit him in the pass rush, just every play he goes in the pistol we bring the hammer, and make them beat us on the air

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, January 23, 2013 - too brutal · Report post

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1358886062' post='1326199']
Pollard was born in the swagger, Caepernick merely adopted it
[/quote]

It's simple.

Kill the Kaepman.

[quote name='9erfan4life' timestamp='1358921070' post='1327197']

if he can get close to him...don't think hes as fast as Kaep
[/quote]

Nor is he as fast as half the RB's he pops. Its about instincts, pursuit and angles. Dont think Kaepernick will be so elusive he wont get tackled/hit!

[quote name='2012_49ers' timestamp='1358881483' post='1326089']
[/quote]

Ridley is 5'11" and 220. You may want to ask him if he remembers meeting Mr. Pollard...........

You know, Falcons fans were saying the same thing, as were Falcon players. So why didn't they hit him? Because, if you blindly chase the quarterback on the read option, you're giving up contain. The running backs don't just go up the middle, sometimes they go outside (and that scored two touchdowns last week). The QB if five yards behind the line of scrimmage when he hands the ball off on the read option. How on earth can you get there fast enough to hit him when he hands it off without drawing a 15 yard penalty?

[quote name='2012_49ers' timestamp='1358972791' post='1327792']
You know, Falcons fans were saying the same thing, as were Falcon players. So why didn't they hit him? Because, if you blindly chase the quarterback on the read option, you're giving up contain. The running backs don't just go up the middle, sometimes they go outside (and that scored two touchdowns last week). The QB if five yards behind the line of scrimmage when he hands the ball off on the read option. How on earth can you get there fast enough to hit him when he hands it off without drawing a 15 yard penalty?
[/quote]

THey dont think about that kind of stuff. They seem to think its as easily done as it is said. Who doesnt want to lay wood on a mobile qb?

[quote name='Midnight toker' timestamp='1358972995' post='1327800']
THey dont think about that kind of stuff. They seem to think its as easily done as it is said. Who doesnt want to lay wood on a mobile qb?
[/quote]

Trust me nothing in this world is as easy as it sounds.

I have a ton of respect for the 49ers as a team, and I will root for them anytime they play anyone other than the Ravens.

Yet the 49ers are playing the Ravens in the Super Bowl, and the Ravens D are the best the 49ers have faced all season.

Sure we don't have all the flashy stats and rankings in our favor for the regular season this year. But the Ravens D has been one of the NFL's finest for over a decade. They will throw everything including the kitchen sink to disrupt, confuse, and "lay the wood" to Kaepernick. If we can confuse the likes of Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning what chance does Kaepernick really have? Sure he can do some things from a physical standpoint (his legs) that they cannot, but I don't think for a second he will truly beat us with his arm. Furthermore, dinking and dunking only works with moving the ball down the field and time of possession. We are very stingy in the redzone, and the Ravens do a great job of keeping things in front of them.

Lastly, the biggest drawback to a mobile QB is the greater chance of injury. Ask RG3 how playing us has worked out for him.

If Pollard is worried about Kaep then Gore runs right by him, If the ball isnt flying down field to Vernon...

A lot of weapons to watch for....

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 26, 2013 - Inflamatory comments designed to illicit trolls · Report post

[quote name='CowboyH8er' timestamp='1358974944' post='1327862']
If Pollard is worried about Kaep then Gore runs right by him, If the ball isnt flying down field to Vernon...

A lot of weapons to watch for....
[/quote]

wow- 3 weapons, great giggly miggly 3

Rice
Pierce
Leach
Pitta
Dickson
Boldin
Smith
Jones

yup - lotta weapons

Guess we should just stay home though, cuz no way we can score in this game.

17 to the Falcons 17.....smh......smh.......smh

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1358974489' post='1327849']
Trust me nothing in this world is as easy as it sounds.

I have a ton of respect for the 49ers as a team, and I will root for them anytime they play anyone other than the Ravens.

Yet the 49ers are playing the Ravens in the Super Bowl, and the Ravens D are the best the 49ers have faced all season.

Sure we don't have all the flashy stats and rankings in our favor for the regular season this year. But the Ravens D has been one of the NFL's finest for over a decade. They will throw everything including the kitchen sink to disrupt, confuse, and "lay the wood" to Kaepernick. If we can confuse the likes of Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning what chance does Kaepernick really have? Sure he can do some things from a physical standpoint (his legs) that they cannot, but I don't think for a second he will truly beat us with his arm. Furthermore, dinking and dunking only works with moving the ball down the field and time of possession. We are very stingy in the redzone, and the Ravens do a great job of keeping things in front of them.

Lastly, the biggest drawback to a mobile QB is the greater chance of injury. Ask RG3 how playing us has worked out for him.
[/quote]

AH but atlanta tried that too. use a D that contains the qb and doesnt allow him space to beat you with his legs. So using the same scheme, they beat you with the legs of the running backs, AND Kaep's arm. One of the things you lose in containing a mobile qb like him is having to rely on single coverage on the tight end. our tight end is probably the fastest guy on the team, and that's saying a lot. If baltimore can play bend dont break, they may have a good chance to disrupt the 49ers O. A good part of the year the 49ers O would have little to no problems moving the ball up the field, but didnt score the touchdowns at a high enough rate. had to depend on field goal attempts (that failed as you can see). if your boys can stay stingy in the red zone it will be a very long day for the 49ers. BUT Harbaugh is a great game planner and 2nd half adjuster. If one thing isnt working they go to another, and that almost always works out for them. It's rare when it doesnt. The rams game they lost becuase akers missed two end of regulation/end of OT field goals. so lets fast forward to seattle, which was the only loss where they didnt recover from less than stellar play.

Just as you are sure that we wont be seeing the same ravens team that lost 6 games, losing 3 out of the last 5 games of the year, including once to philly, you will not be seeing the same 49ers team that got beat by seattle a month ago.

[quote name='2012_49ers' timestamp='1358972791' post='1327792']
[/quote]
[quote name='Midnight toker' timestamp='1358972995' post='1327800']
[/quote]

I always find this futile (on [i][b][u]ANY[/u][/b][/i]‚Äč message board)- trying to go into the opposition forum just to defend their respective team/allegiance.

Commendable; but ultimately futile.

That's like a Pepsi-fanboy going to a Coke forum and saying [i]"nah uh - Pepsi is just as good!" [/i]- may have a point; but the act itself is rather pointless.

Before people pull out the [i]"I can do what I want" [/i]etc spiel; no one is saying you can't post anywhere - just that these types of things are a waste of time.

Now if you're here to discuss politely or congrats/commiserate or whatever (instead of trying to negate every post on here - I mean what do you expect? It's obviously going to be a pro-Raven board and the perspectives are going to represent that viewpoint).

Peace. :)