194 replies to this topic

#1 cookiedood

cookiedood

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

A word of advice to Colin Kaepernick. You better know where Bernard Pollard is on the field, before you decide to take off and run. Much is being said about this young mans running ability, and rightly so. He is a special talent. As a safety precaution, it is in his best interest to where know Mr. Pollard is at all times. I'm just sayin.

#2 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

and ed reed, and ngata, and ray lewis and suggs, and kruger....

#3 DrRenShen

DrRenShen

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Colin Kaepernick, who I have followed and watched for more than 4 years, has a very illustrious college career. The Ravens should get the films opf 2 pf his games, both his final game played when he finally beat Boise State, 34-31, and the shoot-a-thon 69-67 loss where the lead changed 4 times and he had lost from the previous years. He can play well this sport. See http://www.nevadawol.../101407aac.html and http://scores.espn.g...d=303302440.The Ravens shouod try and contact the Boise State Broncones coach Peterson and maybe they cn get copies of ghe films of these two games, and let our defense see this guy at his best!!!

Edited by DrRenShen, 21 January 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#4 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Colin Kaepernick, who I have followed and watched for more than 4 years, has a very illustrious college career. The Ravens should get the films opf 2 pf his games, both his final game played when he finally beat Boise State, 34-31, and the shoot-a-thon 69-67 loss where the lead changed 4 times and he had lost from the previous years. He can play well this sport. See http://www.nevadawol.../101407aac.html and http://scores.espn.g...d=303302440.The Ravens shouod try and contact the Boise State Broncones coach Peterson and maybe they cn get copies of ghe films of these two games, and let our defense see this guy at his best!!!

I think the Ravens are going to watch the film of the previous 2 playoff games, when he torched NFL calibre defenses using the 49ers most recent plays and tendencies to formulate their game plan.

Edited by Bltravens, 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#5 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,402 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey, speaking of gimmick offenses...
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#6 Blex64

Blex64

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bernard Karmell Pollard.

#7 Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Is Mr. Pollard going to be the QB spy?
Posted Image

#8 2012_49ers

2012_49ers

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Kaep is about 6-5 and 230. He won't be intimidated by huge hits. Now, confusing him into a pick, that's what I'm more worried about as a niner fan.

#9 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Pollard will light Kap up , guaranteed .

#10 Bobby

Bobby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like the kid and think he is hugely talented....but I'll take Joe's playoff experience and monster arm over this kid all day long. Plus, not a lot being said, but Joe did not beat the Pats with the long ball....he dissected them with precision throws...much like Brady normally does. I was really impressed by the change of pace....I have always been a huge Joe fan, but this game was a huge step. And also...anyone noticing a much improved pocket presence the past few weeks....he is feeling it better and stepping up to extend plays....love it!
Win, Lose, or Draw - RAVENS ARE MY TEAM!

#11 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Pollard was born in the swagger, Caepernick merely adopted it

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#12 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I like what was said on "Mike and Mike". When he runs the pistol and reads what the outside linebacker is doing that linebacker should just hit him no matter what. The QB is running a fake so he is free to get hit. Let the other 10 guys on defense worry about the running back if he does hand it off but take the opportunity to lay out the QB. If we do that enough they will think twice about doing it again.

#13 Clayton Bigsby

Clayton Bigsby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I like what was said on "Mike and Mike". When he runs the pistol and reads what the outside linebacker is doing that linebacker should just hit him no matter what. The QB is running a fake so he is free to get hit. Let the other 10 guys on defense worry about the running back if he does hand it off but take the opportunity to lay out the QB. If we do that enough they will think twice about doing it again.

That's the most basic solution to stop any offense. Hit, hit, HIT. Then hit em some more. So glad our team has been built around that physical philosophy.

#14 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

This right here. The body can only take so many blows before it takes it's toll on other elements of his game.

#15 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

That's the most basic solution to stop any offense. Hit, hit, HIT. Then hit em some more. So glad our team has been built around that physical philosophy.

Just ask the Patriots. LOL. After a while they wanted no part of Pollard & Co. unless they wanted to
get knocked out . The receivers and backs trying to catch passes were looking a little jittery .

#16 USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hey, speaking of gimmick offenses...

Yep, staying in the pocket and throwing for 76% completion and 11 yards per attempt. Total gimmick.

#17 9erfan4life

9erfan4life

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Pollard will light Kap up , guaranteed .

if he can get close to him...don't think hes as fast as Kaep

#18 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Kaep is about 6-5 and 230. He won't be intimidated by huge hits. Now, confusing him into a pick, that's what I'm more worried about as a niner fan.

He is big and tough, no doubt. But he is human not a machine. You really get hit, hard and you will flinch just a bit the next time, whether a rookie or grizzled old vet. The only guy I ever saw that didn't seem to care was Pig Ben.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#19 RavenArgento

RavenArgento

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

This, how many times have this kid been hit?? He played against vanilla defenses twice this postseason and obviously torched both of them, but has someone lay wood on him in the last games?? I dont think so, I want to see us punching him in the mouth 2-3 times and then we see if they keep doing the option play. Not just hit him in the pass rush, just every play he goes in the pistol we bring the hammer, and make them beat us on the air

#20 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

if he can get close to him...don't think hes as fast as Kaep

Nor is he as fast as half the RB's he pops. Its about instincts, pursuit and angles. Dont think Kaepernick will be so elusive he wont get tackled/hit!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users