56 replies to this topic

#1 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

We got 2 tickets out of the PSL lottery.
We also booked our travel arrangements through PrimeSport.
First Superbowl for us.
Cannot wait!!!!

#2 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not this time; unless something crazy happens. I've been to four in my lifetime; one in Jacksonville a few years ago and three of them as a kid with my father. They're a blast, and it's very exciting! :) You will love it, especially one in The Big Easy.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#3 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I WISH! I'll be working that night...

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#4 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not this time; unless something crazy happens. I've been to four in my lifetime; one in Jacksonville a few years ago and three of them as a kid with my father. They're a blast, and it's very exciting! :) You will love it, especially one in The Big Easy.

You've been to 4 Superbowls? Holy cow!
We are dong this one for obvious reasons- Ray's last game!
But besides that, the fact that it is in New Orleans (can you imagine if the Superbowl was in Indy or Detroit) and that our account was pulled for 2 tickets (no ridiculous $2500 per ticket) we feel that it is meant to be. It will probably take deep into the second quarter until I stop shaking from excitement. But, beer should help. ;)

#5 rdifatta

rdifatta

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'll be headed down to New Orleans with a couple of friends. We don't have tickets.
We will be looking for other Ravens fans to "hoot and holler" with. Please, share with
us places of interest for Ravens fans- best bars, etc. We need to find a place to see the
game. We need a clear shot at a big screen! Will check your posts. Thanks.

Rose

#6 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Cool!
Yes, it would be great if the Ravens forum would start a Superbowl thread for those of us going down.
I only did the PrimeSport package because I am clueless to how all this works.
To have something planned out for me and a 'be here at this time' agenda is what we need.

I have never been to New Orleans but heard Mardi Gras is also going to be happening at the same time. If this is true...I am guessing this is going to be one wild time.

#7 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yup!

Booked airfare and all and then cancelled Delta flight and now we're driving the Wednesday before the SB!
Posted Image

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,969 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Fat Tuesday is 9 day after the Superbowl-- my brother is staying for that too lol
68f2a8.jpg

#9 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Im seriously contemplating it. I made a GOOOD chunk of cash on our playoff games. : D

#10 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

You've been to 4 Superbowls? Holy cow!
We are dong this one for obvious reasons- Ray's last game!
But besides that, the fact that it is in New Orleans (can you imagine if the Superbowl was in Indy or Detroit) and that our account was pulled for 2 tickets (no ridiculous $2500 per ticket) we feel that it is meant to be. It will probably take deep into the second quarter until I stop shaking from excitement. But, beer should help. ;)

My grandfather worked for the NFL for almost 40 years (not a big wig, but worked in a regional setting). He went to 11 Super Bowls as a spectator until his death. I don't remember him very well because he died when I was little. Football is in the blood of my family, and I don't think I'd know what to do without the sport. :)

#11 Bump N Run

Bump N Run

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Driving down from Baltimore on Thursday night with 3 buddies and flying back on Tuesday.

Can't wait!!!!!!!

#12 elliot

elliot

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Did'nt get picked for tickets. Can't spend $2000 plus for them, but going to go to New Orleans anyway. I have a room booked in Gulfport MS., a little over an hour away. We just want to watch game with other Ravens fans so any suggestions on where to watch will be appreciated.

#13 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

My expectations may be too high. But I am imagining a plane packed full of Ravens' fans leaving BWI next Friday.
And then buses, hotels, bars, full of fans. It is going to be like a 3 day tailgate!

....I am assuming.

Edited by EricH, 22 January 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#14 Raven808

Raven808

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'll be there...any official Ravens SB parties planned? Like "EricH" I expect it to be Ravens fans everywhere. Went to Indy last year and that was a lot of fan regardless of us Cundiff'ing our way out of it...tons of football fans!

#15 rdifatta

rdifatta

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can't wait to get there!!! Keep the posts coming! Lookin' for a Ravens party in NO!!!!!!! Saturday & Sunday.
Monday for taking care of the headache; Tuesday for coming home.

#16 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

My husband's cousin just got two tickets through his company this evening! Of course he didn't invite his cousin OR his favorite cousin-in-law. The Super Bowl is definitely something every sports fan should go to once, and if your team is there, then it's absolutely a must attend event. But honestly, I like it just as well at home.

#17 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well, we are going to the pre-game party on the Mississippi River. It is part of the Primesport package. I believe it is an all Baltimore Ravens party. The 9'ers will have theirs at a different location. ...I believe.
There was an explanation of it on the Ravens homepage. It will have bands, food, open bar, etc...

#18 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Me and the wife are going. We're flying down Saturday afternoon and staying in Covington. This is my first Superbowl. We didn't win the lottery so we had to go the 2K per ticket route. But this is a once in a lifetime opportuniy to see my team play in a Superbowl and I can't miss it!!!

#19 bcfdfiregirl

bcfdfiregirl

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Headed down on Friday!! Lookong for a good sports bar in NOLA that will be packed with Ravens fans!!!

#20 dpastorm

dpastorm

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I am! I'm a Ravens fan in Atlanta. Closer to NOLA than the drive to Baltimore for a game. I'm so excited!! GO RAVENS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users