Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricH

So...who all is going? New Orleans!

57 posts in this topic

We got 2 tickets out of the PSL lottery.
We also booked our travel arrangements through PrimeSport.
First Superbowl for us.
Cannot wait!!!!

Not this time; unless something crazy happens. I've been to four in my lifetime; one in Jacksonville a few years ago and three of them as a kid with my father. They're a blast, and it's very exciting! :) You will love it, especially one in The Big Easy.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1358816088' post='1324974']
Not this time; unless something crazy happens. I've been to four in my lifetime; one in Jacksonville a few years ago and three of them as a kid with my father. They're a blast, and it's very exciting! :) You will love it, especially one in The Big Easy.
[/quote]
You've been to 4 Superbowls? Holy cow!
We are dong this one for obvious reasons- Ray's last game!
But besides that, the fact that it is in New Orleans (can you imagine if the Superbowl was in Indy or Detroit) and that our account was pulled for 2 tickets (no ridiculous $2500 per ticket) we feel that it is meant to be. It will probably take deep into the second quarter until I stop shaking from excitement. But, beer should help. ;)

I'll be headed down to New Orleans with a couple of friends. We don't have tickets.
We will be looking for other Ravens fans to "hoot and holler" with. Please, share with
us places of interest for Ravens fans- best bars, etc. We need to find a place to see the
game. We need a clear shot at a big screen! Will check your posts. Thanks.

Rose

Cool!
Yes, it would be great if the Ravens forum would start a Superbowl thread for those of us going down.
I only did the PrimeSport package because I am clueless to how all this works.
To have something planned out for me and a 'be here at this time' agenda is what we need.

I have never been to New Orleans but heard Mardi Gras is also going to be happening at the same time. If this is true...I am guessing this is going to be one wild time.

Yup!

Booked airfare and all and then cancelled Delta flight and now we're driving the Wednesday before the SB!

Fat Tuesday is 9 day after the Superbowl-- my brother is staying for that too lol

Im seriously contemplating it. I made a GOOOD chunk of cash on our playoff games. : D

[quote name='EricH' timestamp='1358876290' post='1325941']
You've been to 4 Superbowls? Holy cow!
We are dong this one for obvious reasons- Ray's last game!
But besides that, the fact that it is in New Orleans (can you imagine if the Superbowl was in Indy or Detroit) and that our account was pulled for 2 tickets (no ridiculous $2500 per ticket) we feel that it is meant to be. It will probably take deep into the second quarter until I stop shaking from excitement. But, beer should help. ;)
[/quote]

My grandfather worked for the NFL for almost 40 years (not a big wig, but worked in a regional setting). He went to 11 Super Bowls as a spectator until his death. I don't remember him very well because he died when I was little. Football is in the blood of my family, and I don't think I'd know what to do without the sport. :)

Did'nt get picked for tickets. Can't spend $2000 plus for them, but going to go to New Orleans anyway. I have a room booked in Gulfport MS., a little over an hour away. We just want to watch game with other Ravens fans so any suggestions on where to watch will be appreciated.

My expectations may be too high. But I am imagining a plane packed full of Ravens' fans leaving BWI next Friday.
And then buses, hotels, bars, full of fans. It is going to be like a 3 day tailgate!

....I am assuming.

I'll be there...any official Ravens SB parties planned? Like "EricH" I expect it to be Ravens fans everywhere. Went to Indy last year and that was a lot of fan regardless of us Cundiff'ing our way out of it...tons of football fans!

Can't wait to get there!!! Keep the posts coming! Lookin' for a Ravens party in NO!!!!!!! Saturday & Sunday.
Monday for taking care of the headache; Tuesday for coming home.

My husband's cousin just got two tickets through his company this evening! Of course he didn't invite his cousin OR his favorite cousin-in-law. The Super Bowl is definitely something every sports fan should go to once, and if your team is there, then it's absolutely a must attend event. But honestly, I like it just as well at home.

Well, we are going to the pre-game party on the Mississippi River. It is part of the Primesport package. I believe it is an all Baltimore Ravens party. The 9'ers will have theirs at a different location. ...I believe.
There was an explanation of it on the Ravens homepage. It will have bands, food, open bar, etc...

Me and the wife are going. We're flying down Saturday afternoon and staying in Covington. This is my first Superbowl. We didn't win the lottery so we had to go the 2K per ticket route. But this is a once in a lifetime opportuniy to see my team play in a Superbowl and I can't miss it!!!

I am! I'm a Ravens fan in Atlanta. Closer to NOLA than the drive to Baltimore for a game. I'm so excited!! GO RAVENS!!

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1358891382' post='1326376']
Im seriously contemplating it. I made a GOOOD chunk of cash on our playoff games. : D
[/quote]
I do very well, too, however, only wager at least 3-5K per contest. Unfortunately, because of how the economy has been since 2008, I did not wager much because to lose that much now would hurt me more financially.

Bought my tix today. Sec 124 Row 9. Debating if we're going to drive or fly from VA. I'm taking my oldest son, it will be his HS graduation present.

wish i could go...but the prices aren't worth it. HOnestly, I dig watching at home on the big screen, with the commentators, and the conversation of my good friends. Oh, and the access to microbrews and good alcohol is tons better than paying 9 dollars for budweiser, the beer of poor people

I would absolutely LOVE to go! But then again, who wouldn't?!? I just know it is not in the cards for me, unless I win the trip through the Week of Winning! (Fingers Crossed!!!)

However, I was seriously contemplating with my husband about just going to New Orleans for the long weekend and partying and attending all the SuperBowl pre-game events, etc without going to the actual game. I would love to be down there just to feel the energy and wear my Purple Pride around town. Of course, I would have to find a hotel about 50 miles out of town to even get close! I am sure everything is filling up really fast down there! LOL

To all of you going, have a great and safe trip! I am envious, but so glad we will have some proud fans in the stands to cheer on our boys! :229031_cheer:

Go Ravens!!!
:baltimore-ravens:

I'm so pumped. I will be there. Section 127. Row 8. Looks like the Baltimore Sun is reporting ravens fans are out buying tickets and packages 3 to 1 compared to SF fans. Can't wait to hear the "O!" during the National Anthem.

Yeah buddy!!

[Img] https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/319770_435183193219487_192742798_n.jpg[/img]

I got 2 tickets to paradise! Will be leaving on Friday!!!!!!!!! Can you say,"Suuuuuppppeeeeerrrrrr Booooowwwwwllllllll!

[quote name='BaCop1' timestamp='1359173234' post='1330959']
I'm so pumped. I will be there. Section 127. Row 8. Looks like the Baltimore Sun is reporting ravens fans are out buying tickets and packages 3 to 1 compared to SF fans. Can't wait to hear the "O!" during the National Anthem.
[/quote]
Is this true I wonder?
I was curious to what our ratio will be.
I understand the flights leaving BWI will be charter flights. Can you imagine entire flights of nothing but Ravens' fans?
[profanity deleted], I'll be drunk before I even get to LA. lol