130 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Tom Brady karate kick, Jim Caldwell staying and Lewis motivated by retirement billboard.

View the full article

#2 Salt

Salt

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Oh the 49ers are "SEXY" now? What a weirdo.

I was actually pleased to hear about this today. I love being the underdog.

#3 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Dang, I was hoping for being 9.5 point underdogs.

#4 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'm just happy that Brady didn't catch Reed's knee a split second earlier, when his cleats were still in the turf. The fact that he gets defended by the guys in the booth, rather than getting called out is sick. No problem, though. I am certain that this play helped us at the half in focusing in on taking these guys out in the 2nd half.

#5 jowend

jowend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

If I was a gambling man I could be making millions all the points they keep giving to our opponents

#6 General Flacco

General Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Feels good to be the underdog again.

And I couldn't believe that the guys calling the game on TV said Brady put his leg up to defend himself. More likely it was to try to draw a flag on the Ravens, knowing Brady. Ask RG3 about throwing your legs up against the Ravens. I'm sure he would advise against it. Any other QB would have been penalized for that, but not pretty boy Brady.

On a related note, can we get a playoff game with officials that aren't blind? I wasn't sure what game they were watching last night, but it couldn't have been the one in Foxboro. Pats defenders got away with a lot, including an obvious helmet to helmet shot on Pitta. Lots of extra bumping and holding from what I saw. And their center shoves our guy around, then gets hit once, and wants a flag? What a baby. Glad we sent him home.

#7 RailBird

RailBird

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't know what Brady was thinking when he was putting his leg up that high. You can clearly see that Reed is attempting to jump over Brady but instead almost hits Brady's throwing arm with his cleat. Not to mention the injury Reed could have gotten when hit full on the knee.

#8 WAR OF 1812

WAR OF 1812

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Thanks so much Ravens!!! The whole organization has brought Baltimore back where we belong. The "elite" QB's couldn't beat us, the refs couldn't beat us, and here we are in the Super Bowl. Ray's going out on top, Joe will get some respect, and Reed's going home!!

#9 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,008 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Congratulations Ravens!! Remember what Lewis said "finish what you start"

#10 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Refs had two different sets of rules out there, i was ENTIRELY pissed off with the officiating and i knew i would be before the game even started when they announced that Leavy was running the show. I hate that dude.

Brady DEFINITELY kicked Reed on purpose. Joe woulda got a 15 yard flag for that.
And they were out there letting Patriots lay all kinds of wood and penalizing Ravens for form tackles. Then the fair catch interference on Reed. Tried their hardest to BS us out of that fumble recovery from Ridley. Screw these dudes...for that reason, I'm glad it didnt even end up being close.

and our "ascension" is nothing like the Giants or the Packers. We've been up here for the past 5 years, we're not ascending to anything. The media and the bandwagon dummies that follow them want to make us into some sort of imaginary under dogs. We're not under dogs, our team isnt bad...that's just the nice way for the rest of the country to say "we dont want to give you respect". haters everywhere we go...its fine though, we gettin Baltimore's 3rd trophy, they can ACT like we arent world class all they want.

And THANKYOU for finally letting Joe cook! Jeez, there's 31 other squads at home on they couch right now going "dude, I'm SOOOOO glad they didnt realize Flacco could wreck a defense with the proper weapons when we played them" smh. better late than never i guess, and at least it was before Ray retired.

Edited by riseNConquer81, 21 January 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#11 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,008 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Will the NFL review some of the refs "quationable" calls? What about that hit on Pitta - no flag?

#12 GalaxyWorldwide

GalaxyWorldwide

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

"Enter the Dragon", starring Tom Brady as Ohara.

#13 Show Time

Show Time

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

You have to love this...
http://espn.go.com/b...k-of-flacco-now

#14 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

What a wonderful time!!

Mmm.....I am going to Vegas and place a bet, it appears they like to give away money!

GO RAVENS!

#15 GalaxyWorldwide

GalaxyWorldwide

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

After the Ravens win the Super Bowl, the Orioles will pick up this momentum and win a world series.

#16 DretheRavenFan

DretheRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

They just dont learn do they

#17 a20havoc

a20havoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Who cares what they say in Vegas? There were people who honestly thought the Eagles would go to the Super Bowl this year; or that Jacksonville would have a breakout defense. Whatever.

#18 Publius

Publius

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I've seen soccer players sent off for less than Brady's karate kick. Hope the league fines him.

#19 BmoreRavs

BmoreRavs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Here we are again, national underdogs. Lets hope we keep on surprising them. I would have thought that Belichick would have realized by now that you lose and win as a team and he should be at the front representing them, but I suppose he hasn't. And that wasn't very nice by Brady sticking his cleats straight up. I mean, I guess when you see Ed Reed running full speed at you you tend to go into a subconscious defensive mode, but he should really know better. Either way, awesome win, lets carry this momentum into New Orleans and win it all.

#20 PittsOR

PittsOR

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Felt sooo bad to see Brady walk off the field with tears in his eyes, not. Two weeks, two HOF quaterbacks take a loss and a "hot inked one" comming up. LOVE this defense. Pollard is making opponents increase health insurance. Joe, I was shallow about buying the OL dinner in the Big Easy, make it breakfeast, lunch and dinner and throw in dessert. They're protecting you like a herd of elephant mothers. Got to love them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users