Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/21: Ravens Already Underdogs To 49ers

136 posts in this topic

The Tom Brady karate kick, Jim Caldwell staying and Lewis motivated by retirement billboard.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-121-Ravens-Already-Underdogs-To-49ers/a4eb671c-266a-471c-a248-55533a7664a7]View the full article[/url]

Oh the 49ers are "SEXY" now? What a weirdo.

I was actually pleased to hear about this today. I love being the underdog.

I'm just happy that Brady didn't catch Reed's knee a split second earlier, when his cleats were still in the turf. The fact that he gets defended by the guys in the booth, rather than getting called out is sick. No problem, though. I am certain that this play helped us at the half in focusing in on taking these guys out in the 2nd half.

Feels good to be the underdog again.

And I couldn't believe that the guys calling the game on TV said Brady put his leg up to defend himself. More likely it was to try to draw a flag on the Ravens, knowing Brady. Ask RG3 about throwing your legs up against the Ravens. I'm sure he would advise against it. Any other QB would have been penalized for that, but not pretty boy Brady.

On a related note, can we get a playoff game with officials that aren't blind? I wasn't sure what game they were watching last night, but it couldn't have been the one in Foxboro. Pats defenders got away with a lot, including an obvious helmet to helmet shot on Pitta. Lots of extra bumping and holding from what I saw. And their center shoves our guy around, then gets hit once, and wants a flag? What a baby. Glad we sent him home.

I don't know what Brady was thinking when he was putting his leg up that high. You can clearly see that Reed is attempting to jump over Brady but instead almost hits Brady's throwing arm with his cleat. Not to mention the injury Reed could have gotten when hit full on the knee.

Thanks so much Ravens!!! The whole organization has brought Baltimore back where we belong. The "elite" QB's couldn't beat us, the refs couldn't beat us, and here we are in the Super Bowl. Ray's going out on top, Joe will get some respect, and Reed's going home!!

Refs had two different sets of rules out there, i was ENTIRELY pissed off with the officiating and i knew i would be before the game even started when they announced that Leavy was running the show. I hate that dude.

Brady DEFINITELY kicked Reed on purpose. Joe woulda got a 15 yard flag for that.
And they were out there letting Patriots lay all kinds of wood and penalizing Ravens for form tackles. Then the fair catch interference on Reed. Tried their hardest to BS us out of that fumble recovery from Ridley. Screw these dudes...for that reason, I'm glad it didnt even end up being close.

and our "ascension" is nothing like the Giants or the Packers. We've been up here for the past 5 years, we're not ascending to anything. The media and the bandwagon dummies that follow them want to make us into some sort of imaginary under dogs. We're not under dogs, our team isnt bad...that's just the nice way for the rest of the country to say "we dont want to give you respect". haters everywhere we go...its fine though, we gettin Baltimore's 3rd trophy, they can ACT like we arent world class all they want.

And THANKYOU for finally letting Joe cook! Jeez, there's 31 other squads at home on they couch right now going "dude, I'm SOOOOO glad they didnt realize Flacco could wreck a defense with the proper weapons when we played them" smh. better late than never i guess, and at least it was before Ray retired.

Will the NFL review some of the refs "quationable" calls? What about that hit on Pitta - no flag?

Who cares what they say in Vegas? There were people who honestly thought the Eagles would go to the Super Bowl this year; or that Jacksonville would have a breakout defense. Whatever.

Here we are again, national underdogs. Lets hope we keep on surprising them. I would have thought that Belichick would have realized by now that you lose and win as a team and he should be at the front representing them, but I suppose he hasn't. And that wasn't very nice by Brady sticking his cleats straight up. I mean, I guess when you see Ed Reed running full speed at you you tend to go into a subconscious defensive mode, but he should really know better. Either way, awesome win, lets carry this momentum into New Orleans and win it all.

Felt sooo bad to see Brady walk off the field with tears in his eyes, not. Two weeks, two HOF quaterbacks take a loss and a "hot inked one" comming up. LOVE this defense. Pollard is making opponents increase health insurance. Joe, I was shallow about buying the OL dinner in the Big Easy, make it breakfeast, lunch and dinner and throw in dessert. They're protecting you like a herd of elephant mothers. Got to love them.

One more game.

For Ray.
For Ed.
For Joe.
For Bisciotti.
For Art.
For all of us fans!

Any and all Ravens fans in the SF Bay Area! Wear your purple for the next two weeks!

Driving to work today i got cut off by a dope in a lifted truck. I swerved and almost hit a pole. Did i chase after him? Did i give him the finger? Naaa. Not this time. I just smiled and bid him a good morning. Nothing is keeping me from smiling for the next 2 weeks. #Ravens #RavenNation

GREAT job RAVENS- top to bottom ! Awesome !
We have 2 weeks to enjoy this and let it soak in ! Enjoy.
Xtra hats off to Jim Caldwell for doing a great job-with little experience, and to Joe for stepping up- AND OUT OF THE POCKET.
PLAY LIKE A RAVEN. GO RAVENS !

So I knew I was on to something when I posted that the Ravens would run away with this game, anyways.....already underdogs....GOOD just how tey like it!

I like the fact that nobody gives us a chance to win the Superbowl,Under dogs again and again and again.That's how we like it in B-more prove too all the haters that we can do the so called impossible!Aye,Pats you shouldn't have put that bill board up saying Ray's Last Ride End's Here!

I do not respect Tom Brady as a man, a player, or even the scum in the dirt that he is. After watching him try to take out Ed Reed, it just reinforced how much loathing I dish out on him and the entire Patriots organization.

So the Patriot receiver can tuck the ball away and lower his head and we get flagged for hitting a "defenseless" receiver, but no call on the helmet to helmet on Pita, or the hit on Reed's fair catch, and the topper with Brady sliding with his leg up to create contact... those officials were absolutely rotten.
Not a Bellichek fan but I did appreciate that he didn't just give Harbaugh the wet noodle hand shake, he actually talked to him at the end of the game. Showed a little respect for our coach and team.
Ravens in NOLA in two weeks to wreck some havoc on those 49ers.
Go RAVENS

You know the more I see it the more upset I get with that play from Brady and the more it looks likie an intent to injure. You NEVER, EVER see a QB slide like that. Ed Reed wasn't heading down to put a hit on Brady and in fact if you watch it if Ed hadn't jumped Brady would have spiked him directly in a planted knee. I'd have to guess that it would have bent the knee backwards and most likely done some damage.

I saw allot of bogus calls yesterday .But the favoritism was blatant that kick and the hit on pitta really? did you see his head snap back I was livid .the only upside was the ref tackling brady .I would have thought we would be favorites for the superbowl the way we are playing to still be underdogs I'll take it money in my pocket I don't care how many tats boy wonder has he's going down