Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YYZ66

Great news - we're underdogs again

23 posts in this topic

Looks like we're supposed to lose again!

[url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494168-super-bowl-2013-odds-line-and-spread-info-for-ravens-vs-49ers"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494168-super-bowl-2013-odds-line-and-spread-info-for-ravens-vs-49ers[/url]

I couldn't be happier! Keep underestimating us America!!!!

[color=#373737][font='Droid Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[b]Where: [/b]Mercedes-Benz [background=transparent]Superdome[/background] in New Orleans, La.[/size][/font][/color][color=#373737][font='Droid Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[b]When: [/b]Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6:30 p.m. ET[/size][/font][/color][color=#373737][font='Droid Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[b]Watch: [/b]CBS, [background=transparent]online[/background] at [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl"][background=transparent][background=transparent][background=transparent][background=transparent]CBSSports[/background][/background][/background][/background].com[/url][/size][/font][/color][color=#373737][font='Droid Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[b]Listen: [/b][background=transparent]Sirus[/background] [background=transparent]XM[/background] Radio: 88[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#373737][font='Droid Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[b]Spread: [/b]San Francisco -4.5 (according to [background=transparent]Las[/background] Vegas Sports Consultants' opening line)[/size][/font][/color]

Vegas and the majority of the sports pundits must seriously be stuck on stupid or something. They need to take a few gulps of the purple koolaid. lol They are now 0-2 in the playoffs betting against us. Their credibility has been shot to hell. One of the reasons the Ravens are playing well is, because they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Making them underdogs again will be just the last bit of fuel they need to win the last game.

I'm shocked! No, really I am. Honest.

This Ravens team seems to get no credit. The lack of respect shown to us does make the victories all the sweeter though.

I applaud BUT it does just go to show you, doesn't matter who we beat, how far we may go, Baltimore will always be the lesser of the two characters. time and time again, year in and year out they said this or that. who the flip cares anymore, Numbers don't mean crap come gameday. as Ray Lewis once said " Yap Yap Yap, but at the end of the day, you gotta buckle up your chin strap" and like the Team told everyone.... stats and numbers are for the Fans and the outsiders to dwell over because for the players/coaches lining up on gameday. stats don't mean a damn thing. Go Ravens. Raven Nation Stand Up!

I'm fine with that, but I am baffled by it. I thought for sure we would be favored in this match up. Oh well, more fuel for the fire.

We started off a 4.5 underdogs but the line has moved to 4 point underdogs.

But you guys need to realize that being Vegas points underdogs doesn't necessarily mean dictate who is the better team. The point system is used more to dictate the flow of money. The general public will more likely want to put money on the 49ers which means Vegas needs to make sure they protect themselves, hence the 4 point underdog.

Now if money starts to flow in on the Ravens, which I suspect happened on the early line, it will swing more to our favor. With that being said, we are still the underdog in most peoples eyes.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358783073' post='1323963']
We started off a 4.5 underdogs but the line has moved to 4 point underdogs.

But you guys have to realize that being Vegas points underdogs doesn't necessarily mean we aren't the better team. The point system is used more to dictate the flow of money. The general public will more likely want to put money on the 49ers which means Vegas needs to make sure they protect themselves, hence the 4 point underdog.

Now if money starts to flow in on the Ravens, which I suspect happened on the early line, it will swing more to our favor.
[/quote]

large bet(s) dropped it from 5 initially [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Vegas-bookies-favor-49ers-over-Ravens-in-Super-Bowl-odds-012013"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Vegas-bookies-favor-49ers-over-Ravens-in-Super-Bowl-odds-012013[/url]

If I could have borrwoed $100,000 and placed it on the Ravens beating the Broncos and the Patriots, I would be sitting here right now a very happy and retired person. :point:

I think the line will move a lot closer to EVEN until the game starts. It's already moved in our favor, and it almost never moves back the other way unless someone gets injured.

The early line before the Championship games favored the AFC by 2.5 points. Clearly that was because NE was supposed to win, and they would be favored over the 9ers and Falcons.

We beat the Patriots, and that to people means the NFC is more likely to win because we're the worst team of the 4. Instead of, say, the Ravens being the new favorites because they knocked off the previously best team.

[quote name='gotekiraven' timestamp='1358754052' post='1323594']
Vegas and the majority of the sports pundits must seriously be stuck on stupid or something. They need to take a few gulps of the purple koolaid. lol They are now 0-2 in the playoffs betting against us. Their credibility has been shot to hell. One of the reasons the Ravens are playing well is, because they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Making them underdogs again will be just the last bit of fuel they need to win the last game.
[/quote]

Theyre 2-0 betting with the 49ers...

[quote name='Hjulmann' timestamp='1358798190' post='1324441']
Is this a surprise to anyone? It's not news that the analysts don't like us.
[/quote]

I don't think they analysts care about feelings they are just trying to make money. If more people take the points and the Ravens the like will shrink.