3 replies to this topic

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

How easy is it to walk around Baltimore? Would it be easy for an out-of-towner to get lost? What are some good museums to visit, seeing as it will probably too cold to promenade outside? Is anyone familiar with the Megabus station and its proximity to the downtown?

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#2 Salt

Salt

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think the Megabus station is in White Marsh, which honestly is not very convenient to downtown at all. (Roughly 13 miles from the station to the Inner Harbor downtown.)

Where would you be staying? Baltimore is somewhat walk-able. You can walk around the Inner Harbor and then take a water taxi over to Fells Point and walk around there too. It's kind of a hike, but you can also walk to Canton from there but you need to be kind of careful not to end up in a shady neighborhood. Federal Hill is also interesting (good shops and bars), but also kind of a hike. I've done it before though so it's totally do-able.

Cool museums/etc.:
Aquarium (right at the Inner Harbor)
Visionary Arts Museum (other side of Inner Harbor)
The BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art), but that's further up so you would probably need to have a car or take a bus or taxi.
The Museum of Industry, which is also at the Inner Harbor
The Walter's Art Gallery, which is in Mt. Vernon. You could walk there from the Inner Harbor. There are a lot of cool bars/restaurants in that area too.
And then of course our stadiums are pretty much right there too. You can walk there from the Inner Harbor.

If you end up having a car or want to try and navigate the bus line, I would also recommend checking out Hampden. It's just a cool neighborhood.

Baltimore is awesome, but it can also be a little dangerous, so I probably wouldn't be walking around a whole lot at night.

Edited by Salt, 21 January 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think the Megabus station is in White Marsh, which honestly is not very convenient to downtown at all. (Roughly 13 miles from the station to the Inner Harbor downtown.)

Where would you be staying? Baltimore is somewhat walk-able. You can walk around the Inner Harbor and then take a water taxi over to Fells Point and walk around there too. It's kind of a hike, but you can also walk to Canton from there but you need to be kind of careful not to end up in a shady neighborhood. Federal Hill is also interesting (good shops and bars), but also kind of a hike. I've done it before though so it's totally do-able.

Cool museums/etc.:
Aquarium (right at the Inner Harbor)
Visionary Arts Museum (other side of Inner Harbor)
The BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art), but that's further up so you would probably need to have a car or take a bus or taxi.
The Museum of Industry, which is also at the Inner Harbor
The Walter's Art Gallery, which is in Mt. Vernon. You could walk there from the Inner Harbor. There are a lot of cool bars/restaurants in that area too.
And then of course our stadiums are pretty much right there too. You can walk there from the Inner Harbor.

If you end up having a car or want to try and navigate the bus line, I would also recommend checking out Hampden. It's just a cool neighborhood.

Baltimore is awesome, but it can also be a little dangerous, so I probably wouldn't be walking around a whole lot at night.

I think I'll just take a cab to Inner Harbor and hang out there. Thanks! Is it easy to hail a cab in Baltimore, btw?

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#4 Salt

Salt

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I think I'll just take a cab to Inner Harbor and hang out there. Thanks! Is it easy to hail a cab in Baltimore, btw?

Usually it's not too bad. If you seem to be waiting a somewhat ridiculous amount of time the number for Yellow Cab is 410.685.1212. I've just called them before and they send someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users