Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Suggs rips N.E.

65 posts in this topic

Towards the bottom of this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21590107/cbs-sharpe-blasts-belichick-after-he-refuses-post-game-interview

I agree with him, but it's not his place to say. Whats up with all the trash talk lately?

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1358743183' post='1323122']
Towards the bottom of this article: [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21590107/cbs-sharpe-blasts-belichick-after-he-refuses-post-game-interview"]http://www.cbssports...-game-interview[/url]

I agree with him, but it's not his place to say. Whats up with all the trash talk lately?
[/quote]

He got back to his senses then Suggs gave props to NE.

I think he just wanted to lay out all the frustration out for once. LOL.

But yeah, that was a little over the top, even for Suggs

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1358743183' post='1323122']
Towards the bottom of this article: [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21590107/cbs-sharpe-blasts-belichick-after-he-refuses-post-game-interview"]http://www.cbssports...-game-interview[/url]

[/quote]

heat of the moment. i think he regrets it already. no doubt happy for the team to get to the SB but really am angry about the comments this week.

Is he wrong?

Time to move on from the Patriots, though. Bigger fish to fry in two weeks.

edit - also, it's not like he went up to the mic and said this. It was just unlucky enough to be caught by prying reporters.

If there's any team whose fan base and org deserve to be ripped its the Pats...

They are the cockiest SOBs on the face of the planet...probably tied with steelers fans...

But I live in New England...to hear the sports talk..to read their forums....it was nauseating. ..

I'm thrilled!

All he said was the truth maybe should have kept it to himself but it is the exact same thing I have always thought about the pats. Except for Kyle love they can all go to hell.

I never like anyone running off at the mouth (at least before we play in the Superbowl), but I can understand his frustration - he's lived through a decade of NFL football and now has his opportunity to play in the Superbowl for the first time in his career. Hopefully when he calms down in the next few days he'll apologize for the comment and this will be done with.

Nothing wrong with it, heat of the moment....

He might post an apology for it, just for the crap of it.....

Lets kick the 49ers' butt.....

Belichick is a great HC, regardless of his quirks. I don't think Belichick is by any means humble and agree with Suggs, but it wasn't wise to make that comment. It was rather tasteless.

It's the truth, though. And I don't think Brady is that arrogant. Perhaps on the field, absolutely. He has a good media face.

He's absolutely right, though!

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358744359' post='1323188']
Belichick is a great HC, regardless of his quirks. I don't think Belichick is by any means humble and agree with Suggs, but it wasn't wise to make that comment. It was rather tasteless.

It's the truth, though. And I don't think Brady is that arrogant. Perhaps on the field, absolutely. He has a good media face.

He's absolutely right, though!
[/quote]
Sometimes, the truth hurts....

As popular as Suggs is, you know Monday morning ESPN Brady lovers will rip him for that comments.....

He was fed up and said his peace. He knows no one else would publicly say it. I'm glad he did. He'll probably apologize and it will forgotten.

Somebody needs to publicly address tommie trying to take out Ed's knee. That was just as bad, maybe worse, as when Suh stomped on that guy's arm. He should be fined heavily and publicly ridiculed. What a jerk.

Suggs is just trollin rusltin jimmies brahs
Let me remind you who Suggs is, incase you fans forgot.

[img]http://baltimoresportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/suggs-ravens-team-photo.jpg[/img]

Watch out your comments ITT
Suggs gonna Suggs

He should have used a different choice of words, but is right, Bellichek and Brady are sore losers who wont even take a few seconds to congradulate the AFC champs and say what went wrong to the reporters. I think it should be pointed out to all the analysts and commentators to. Right after we won all the guys ripped us off the bat and said we wont be able to stop the 49ers and blah blah blah. No one supports us and you know what it has given us the motivation to win so imo why not keep up the doubting.

It has been an unbelievable turnaround after the losses to Pitt, Wash, and Denver. It looked like there was no hope for our team, everyone wanted us to change QBs and all the flacco hate. then Pitt lost and we won the AFC North title. Then it was like yay we get a little chance to go win. Then Ray announced this was his last season and it lifted our squad up so high, and through adversity we beat the 2 best squads practically in the entire NFL on their home terf through terrible weather and won out, when everyone said we wouldnt.

Unbelievable season, one we all probably wont forget.

What's that saying "Act like you been there before" or something to that effect...

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1358743382' post='1323138']
Is he wrong?

Time to move on from the Patriots, though. Bigger fish to fry in two weeks.

[b]edit - also, it's not like he went up to the mic and said this. It was just unlucky enough to be caught by prying reporters.[/b]
[/quote]
He posted that on Twitter, it wasn't as though he sent a private text message that was leaked to the public.

[quote name='darklight1216' timestamp='1358745725' post='1323284']
What's that saying "Act like you been there before" or something to that effect.

He posted that on Twitter, it wasn't as though he sent a private text message that was leaked to the public.
[/quote]

Suggs didn't post it on Twitter, someone else did.

[quote name='RavensFanInCA' timestamp='1358746004' post='1323295']
[/quote]
Well then I stand corrected. I thought that's what the guy on the TV said, but perhaps I should have actually read the article.

He's right though. It was weird to watch the Patriots board this week. Most of them acted like they were already in the Super Bowl. After the loss they admit all their flaws and give us congratulations. I guess their winning ways have really led to them being cocky but they admit when they get thrashed and I respect them for that.

Suggs is a grown [profanity deleted] man! he spoke his mind! we don't hear all of the "arrogant" trash talking that takes between players on the field. so, he said what he felt about it after a game. and what he said....has no bearing on the Superbowl.

~Mili

Doesn't look like Suggs posted this guys, this is his twitter account

[url="https://twitter.com/untouchablejay4"]https://twitter.com/untouchablejay4[/url]

I didn't see anything profanity laden or inappropriate here.

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1358748620' post='1323411']
Doesn't look like Suggs posted this guys, this is his twitter account

[url="https://twitter.com/untouchablejay4"]https://twitter.com/untouchablejay4[/url]

I didn't see anything profanity laden or inappropriate here.
[/quote]Breer was in the Ravens tunnel and overheard him yell it.

Branch is salty about it. Typical Pats trying to make themselves look like a victim: http://nesn.com/2013/01/deion-branch-says-thats-not-the-way-a-true-champion-talks-about-terrell-suggs-arrogant-comments/

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1358748781' post='1323415']
Breer was in the Ravens tunnel and overheard him yell it.

Branch is salty about it. Typical Pats trying to make themselves look like a victim: [url="http://nesn.com/2013/01/deion-branch-says-thats-not-the-way-a-true-champion-talks-about-terrell-suggs-arrogant-comments/"]http://nesn.com/2013...ogant-comments/[/url]
[/quote]

The media is always trying to drum up a story. They got beat, end of story and no whiny pouting from Brady was going to stop that butt whoopin.

[quote name='RavensFanInCA' timestamp='1358746004' post='1323295']
[/quote]
someone else, who overheard it in the tunnel. Just the truth, and not intended for public consumption.

Sizzle has a tendency of shooting off at the mouth first then thinking second sometimes. The comments he made about Tebow was not cool, but he is what he is. As for the Pats, I don't think the team is arrogant so much as it's their fan base that can be arrogant blanks. New England is a great team, and hopefully we will be fighting them again for the AFC Championship next year.

I think Sizz was reacting from the emotion of the moment. Ya know....New England....road game...AFC Championship WIN!

He'll buckle down and shut his yap...focus.

Why should Sizzle apologize when a reporter, who bases his career on sensationalism, creates public drama over something unnews worthy?

I don't see the problem with this, just like I didn't see the problem with BA's comments. It would be one thing if a coach said it, but players should be allowed to speak what they really think, and not have to sound like the same cookie-cutter poster-boys they're all expected to. This is a sport that requires you to go out and hit people. Be as mean as you want to be, as long as you aren't breaking any rules. Twitter comments after a game about disliking your opponent aren't breaking any rules.
Besides, for all the talk about "bulletin board material," all it does is make a game, or even a rivalry, that much more interesting. I'm all for it.

it's about time someone spoke up . all week long Patriots, terrific tom on and on . not one shred of credit for the ravens then we beat the pats and still no respect . thanks suggs for speaking up

It's the truth. Those guys actually feel some enitlement to be automaticly in the super bowl each year....No clue why because it's been almost 10 years since they've won a sb.

Last night we exposed them for what they really are (coward is the g rated word) cowards that can't stand toe to toe with us. Humiliating them in their house infront of the world is the sweetest revenge we could have for every one of those times when they somehow made a deal with the devil and.slipped away from us.
o
To

After seeing Bill's post game press conference, arrogance is just the tip of the iceberg for this clown.

I'm 150 behind Sizzle.

Not going to disagree with Suggs. The entire Patriots organization bleeds arrogance, and they have the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. That said, what Suggs said needs to keep that talk in the locker room and be a bit more subtle with his insults where people can hear him.

No. He's not wrong for saying that. Was it a little on the colorful side? Yeah. But Patriots fans show us no respect. It's already a win in their book. And has anyone forgot about that one woman's comments about Torrey's brother after we beat them in the regular season? So, good on ya, Suggs.

he didnt tweet it or anything just happen to have a reporter near him desperate to get front page. besides that i agree 100% with him after brady tried to kick ed on that slide it just made it glaringly obvious how cheap and arrogant they are.

I heard it on one of the post game shows, there was an article in USA Today about why Suggs hates Brady last week, and that was why.

Yeah! We said it! Whatever they said we said, we said it!

I could care less about smack talk after the game. If you win, you've won the right to talk smack.

When a fan base pays for a billboard counting down "Ray's retirement party" 1 week before the game and then has a player's wife (a former Hooters girl) talking trash all bets are off.

Lets not forget their coach not speaking after the game, all the comments Brady has made over the years, or how a punk like Edelman gets cocky all the time.