Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhstandard

Pollard: Patriots worst nightmare

85 posts in this topic

He strikes again. Bernard Pollard has to be one of the most hated men in New England. They have not won the Super Bowl after spygate and Pollard is the catalyst to their failure. He now injured 4 of their top players in 4 different seasons to cripple their chances of a playoff run.

In 2008 Pollard tears Brady's ACL on a sack and they miss the playoffs.

In 2009 After catching a league high 123 receptions for the Patriots, Wes Welker has his ACL torn by Pollard on a hit helping us beat a weakened Patriots offense in the Wild Card.

In 2012 He drags down Gronk who suffers a high-ankle sprain and makes him a much smaller threat in the Super Bowl.

Today he knocks out Steven Ridley forcing him to fumble the ball leading to a Ravens TD and a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter.

They must think he is the dirtiest player in the NFL but I don't care. I love Pollard.

They tried so hard to shut Pollard down with penalties today. He better not get banned from the Bowl. I don't think the NFL would do that though.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1358740110' post='1322877']
[b]They must think he is the dirtiest player in the NFL but I don't care. I love Pollard.[/b]
[/quote]

They do.

Pollard hits. If you think you are going to lower your head and bull through the guy. That ain't happening. I don't want to celebrate him injuring guys. I hope Ridley is okay.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1358740225' post='1322897']
They tried so hard to shut Pollard down with penalties today. He better not get banned from the Bowl. I don't think the NFL would do that though.
[/quote]

I don't think they will either. But I fully expect a nice fine.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1358740263' post='1322904']
Other then Joe and Anquan ,Pollard was a huge difference maker .
[/quote]

Yep. Best way to beat the Patriots is be physical on D. Who better to do that than Pollard. A big boy thumping safety is an imposing force.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358740240' post='1322900']
They do.

Pollard hits. If you think you are going to lower your head and bull through the guy. That ain't happening. I don't want to celebrate him injuring guys. I hope Ridley is okay.
[/quote]

I don't want my quote to be misinterpreted. I love the guy as a player and a safety. All those injuries are just coincidence. There are a lot of hard hitting safeties in the league who don't always injure players. I'm not blaming him at all.

I like Pollard. Man plays hard and lays the wood. And he does all this within the rules. If anyone wants to call a player dirty, look at Brady trying to cleat Reed's knee/nads.

Hard, clean hit on Ridley today. Man was out before he hit the ground. I guess you can't have possession of the ball if you don't have possession of your senses.

[quote name='Crabcakes&Football' timestamp='1358741196' post='1322989']
If anyone wants to call a player dirty, look at Brady trying to cleat Reed's knee/nads.
[/quote]

How was that not a penalty? He could have crippled Ed. What a scum bag.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358740541' post='1322927']

Yep. Best way to beat the Patriots is be physical on D. Who better to do that than Pollard. A big boy thumping safety is an imposing force.
[/quote]

It's amazing because he's such a nice guy off the field, always smiling and happy to sign autographs and take pics with fans. Though when he steps on the field, he's a complete beast. Sooo happy he's patrolling the secondary with the GOAT.

Pollard was tackling like a demon tonight! I really like Pollard, he's actually quite under-rated as a player. I suppose it's easy to go unnoticed when you're playing alongside a legend like Ed Reed.

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1358746108' post='1323299']
Ridley knocked himself out. He lowered his head and led with the crown of his helmet.
[/quote]

Crown of the helmet won't knock you out like that. He got hit smack dab in the temple. Just like in boxing, exploited as a weaknesses of the skull to KO. Which is why boxers hold their hands over their temples. Turning his head sideways to Pollard was a potentially lethal mistake.

It will be interesting to see how he matches up against the hulking TE that is Vernon Davis. The man's on a mission to keep his job in SF, after showing very poor rapport with Kaep during the regular season.

[quote name='Mt. Crushmore' timestamp='1358741357' post='1323002']
I saw this picture before the game

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBFxaAmCQAEywgM.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

who's next? i love it! lol! Pollard hits like a Mack truck! wow!

~Mili

[quote name='PSG_Mud' timestamp='1358746672' post='1323331']
Crown of the helmet won't knock you out like that. He got hit smack dab in the temple. Just like in boxing, exploited as a weaknesses of the skull to KO. Which is why boxers hold their hands over their temples. Turning his head sideways to Pollard was a potentially lethal mistake.
[/quote]

It's all about the snapping movement of the head. The brain gets bruised by hitting the inside wall not because the force causes the skull to implode on the brain. It's pretty simple when you think about it. That violent movement of the head is the issue and there isn't a way to protect it.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358740261' post='1322903']
I don't think they will either. But I fully expect a nice fine.
[/quote]
Bugs me that the NFL has come to this. Pollard is one of the few really, REALLY physical players left.

As much as you guys like talking about injurying other players. Pollard isn't that kind of guy.

Pollard is very casually down to Earth realist guy whom is also very passionate about playing ball. He's very physical and alot of guys simply cannot handle his extreme physicality.

Poking fun at Pollard as if he has intent to injury is low brow fandom. He is in a class of his own, not some dirty scrub looking for a dirty paycheck.