Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexir

BWI Arrival

28 posts in this topic

Gerry Sandusky said around 1 am but BWI has already made an announcement that discourages fans from going to meet the team. Good luck with that, by the way haha.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1358738645' post='1322770']
Not sure yet, but it's always closed off to the public.
[/quote]

You would think going to the SB it should be open. Just once!

1:19 AM, no gate, they deplane from tarmac to bus, to private parking lot. I wish I knew where the private lot was, because I would position near it. The Shell station at the corner of Aviation Blvd and Air Cargo Drive might be a good area to wait and drive around.

[quote name='RavenMadness' timestamp='1358739854' post='1322857']
what about going to The Castle.. we did that years ago!!
[/quote]
They don't go to The Castle anymore. The players park at the airport and drive home straight home from there.

I remember in '08 when they went to The Castle and Ray Lewis drove out in his 7 series and stopped RIGHT in front of me. I'll never forget that.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1358740130' post='1322880']
They don't go to The Castle anymore. The players park at the airport and drive home straight home from there.

I remember in '08 when they went to The Castle and Ray Lewis drove out in his 7 series and stopped RIGHT in front of me. I'll never forget that.
[/quote]

Bummer... I was there too... it was loaded with fans!

[quote name='RavenMadness' timestamp='1358740210' post='1322894']
Bummer... I was there too... it was loaded with fans!
[/quote]
I think it was after the Titans game. Yeah, it was packed LOL.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1358740265' post='1322905']
I think it was after the Titans game. Yeah, it was packed LOL.
[/quote]

We also waited at Owings Mills mall after PIT game, but McGahee's injury caused them to can it after we waited for hours!!

[quote name='RavenMadness' timestamp='1358740444' post='1322921']
We also waited at Owings Mills mall after PIT game, but McGahee's injury caused them to can it after we waited for hours!!
[/quote]

I think de-icing the plane was also a factor. I was at that game and we drove back from that crappy city in the snow and beat the team's plane back.

[quote name='baadbobby' timestamp='1358742134' post='1323059']
I think de-icing the plane was also a factor. I was at that game and we drove back from that crappy city in the snow and beat the team's plane back.
[/quote]I was at the mall lol total tailgate party

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]
[url="https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR"][b]Torrey Smith[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]TorreySmithWR[/b][/size][/url][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]
RT [url="https://twitter.com/Chelsey_Ryan_27"][s]@[/s][b]Chelsey_Ryan_27[/b][/url]: [url="https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR"][s]@[/s][b]TorreySmithWR[/b][/url] ARE YOU GREETING FANS AT THE CASTLE LATER ?....[b]no one is going to be there[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]
Torrey's comments in bold.[/font][/color]

[url="https://twitter.com/QadryIsmail"][b]Qadry Ismail[/b] ‏[s]@[/s][b]QadryIsmail[/b] [/url]
Ravens fans please Do NOT meet the Ravens at BWI airport! The officials are turning people away!

bummer

You can greet them at the airport after they win the Superbowl. :) On the other hand, I will be landing at BWI around 10:15 tomorrow morning, and you all are welcome to come greet me! ;)

I can tell you they were trying to work something out as of Thursday--no dice I guess since I did not get the 'WORD"
TSA and other security must pucker at the thought of all those Raven fans and I guess with the inauguration security,.

It is a shame that they can't do something with the fans. But then again, getting in at that hour, everyone probably wants to go home and go to bed as quickly as possible. This had to have been an exhausting day. But then again too, they probably won't be able to sleep. ;)

I'd like to think of the team as thinking that this is just another step up the mountain. The journey's not done yet, so don't celebrate too much like it is. There's still one more game, and it's business as usual until it's over.

[color=#ff0000][b]Per WBAL 1090 AM:[/b][/color]

[size=5][b][color=#800080]Airport Officials To Ravens Fans: Stay Away[/color][/b][/size]

[size=2]Sunday, January 20, 2013
Robert Lang[/size]

[size=4][font=Arial]Officials at BWI-Marshall Airport say there will be no opportunity to meet the Baltimore Ravens as they arrive home from Sunday night's AFC Championship against the New England Patriots.[/font]

[font=Arial][color=#0000ff]In a statement emailed to WBAL News, airport spokesman Jonathan Dean says,[/color] [color=#ff0000]"l[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial]ocal fans are reminded that there will not be an opportunity for the public to greet the Baltimore Ravens upon the team’s arrival at BWI Marshall Airport following the AFC Championship Game. Fans are discouraged from coming to the Airport terminal or property to try and meet the team."[/font][/font][/font][/color][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial]The team is due back to arrive in Baltimore early Monday morning.[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial]WBAL's Gerry Sandusky reports from Foxborough that there will be no chance for fans to see the players and coaches at the airport.[/font][/font][/font]

[url="http://www.wbal.com/article/97028/2/template-story/Airport-Officials-To-Ravens-Fans-Stay-Away"]http://www.wbal.com/...-Fans-Stay-Away[/url][/size]

What will happen if the Ravens win the Superbowl? Will there be a big parade through the streets of Baltimore??

[quote name='Corvus_corax' timestamp='1358755118' post='1323626']
What will happen if the Ravens win the Superbowl? Will there be a big parade through the streets of Baltimore??
[/quote]
Yep